Car 3D models

Ayrton Orio

On 3/4/2018 at 6:16 PM, Ayrton Orio said:

Anybody has been able to extract car 3D model? I'm currently working on my Citroe 4L model, and I would like to fit it to the poly/uv/etc standards of vanilla cars

We don't have any "standards" per se and vehicles as a whole are still WIP so our process for getting them into game and how they setup/interact with code is still been refined and will likely change.

With that been said here's a wireframe of the NormalCar along with its UV png

NormalCar_wire.png.e0b615ff58beaa214015594598fe8e88.png

NormalCarTEMP.png.878dc74d84ecb5fa65177dd7b66db6fe.png

The NormalCar has 699 tri's without wheels. 

When I've modeled the vehicles I've aimed for as lower tri count as possible whilst still maintaining a good shape and silhouette, so some are a little higher in tri count than the NormalCar (the ambulance has 861 tri's for example).

• 1 month later...

I had not seen your answer, got a 2 weeks "digital break" (strongly recommend to anyone working with computers everyday)

That's just perfect: wireframe and tricount! Thank you very much!

I'm still undecided as which models I should do, but this is my current list:

- Renault 4L (and break version)

- Citroen DS (and ambulance version)

- Renault R5 (80s)

- Peugeot 405

Now I can start seriously, thanks again!

• 1 month later...

Main problem of cars at this time - it make a standalone mod with new loaded car. We are try to do a new loaded model at basic design with some retexture but it was crush a game. We are make a new model, scripts file, textures and lua file with configuration of new car, but it still crush.

And if just a replace a model for new and upload it at like a mod, it not work at server. Worked only new textures and script file. 

Edited by PriMan