Sandbox Options Thread

Lightning Flash

I was gonna make this a small suggestion, but I'd actually like to see other suggestions people might have themselves, but I'm going to post mine here as well.

One thing I'd like to see is an expansion on the sandbox options. I know there are now options like being able to choose random options and such, but I'd personally like a more detailed system for the zombie lore, specifically the zombie mortality and reanimation. Right now, it stands at 0-30 seconds, 0-1 minute, 1-12 hours, 2-3 days, 1-2 weeks, or never. I'd like to see more options for it for people who might like a certain set to play with. For example, I'm playing around with the sprinters and roleplaying something like 28 Days Later, with infection mortality set to 0-30 seconds, and reanimation instant.

The thing though, is that infection mortality seems to lean more towards 0 seconds, meaning the moment you are bitten or just infected in general, you instantly die. I'd like to see more emphasis in the sense that we could choose a specific setting for perhaps 10 seconds or 30 seconds. Also, it seems that reanimation seems to occur 10 seconds after death, rather than instant. Though I assume this is done so the game can properly code and render that the character is now dead and will become a zombie. Either way, it would be nice to have more options in terms of time for mortality or reanimation to take hold.

Another suggestion I had is for a different type of random option for the zombie lore, where instead of it randomly choosing a single option (randomly chooses sprinters or walkers), it will create a random setting that plays out all settings and characteristics in all zombies, meaning in a single game, you will actually come across groups of zombies that will have sprinters, walkers, or joggers; some of them may have superhuman strength and are fragile, or are weak and thick-skinned. In the case of infection, it could also work in the sense that some zombies could randomly give you a "strain" of the sickness that kills you in 20 seconds and reanimates you 24 hours later, while another one gives you a "strain" that kills you 2 days later and reanimates you instantly. Creates a sense of further chaos because you're dealing with all kinds of dangers and never truly know.

Immunity to infection would be nice. Of course, only in sandbox.
I'd tune their damage up to super human levels so i can go for a more fast paced game mode instead of the safe and slow prevention of bites.
Medical skills/items and endurance perks would be more interesting in this mode too.

Edited by Patrick H