Crashes

yes

Question

Hello.

I play zomboid with 4 friends over steam, up until yesterday everything worked fine. Suddently the client crashed and now it keeps crashing (especially when opening the crafting menu), which was quite shitty since I hosted the session (through steam, no dedi since my ISR doesnt allow for port forwarding). We managed to migrate the server and players to another friend, but I still crash.

I disabled multicore, I disabled 3D zombies and corpses (though my GFX card basically idles at 12% or smthg), turned lighting to lowest. I basically set everything to lowest. Nothing halped.

I also uninstalled the game, manually deleted the folders both in steamapps and the user folder, and starting with a new character, same, same (so I reverted to my old one, since i dont want to lose her, shes already 3 months old and thats something given we play with sleeping on)

We "only" use Hydrocraft mod. When crashing there are some Stack Traces popping up in console, find the Log attached

My specs:

i5-6600K, 16GB ram, GTX970, SSD, Win10

Any help would be appreciated, many thanks in advance.

console.txt

4 answers to this question

A quick follow up, I seem to have fixed it by giving the JavaVM a ton more memory to allocate (long story short, starting it with the xmx parameter set to 4GB fixed it, I also set the initial memory to that size, dunno if it was important though, I also didn't test other settings)

I wonder why its only set to a gig? I mean its 2018, you prolly gonna have to search for boxes with only so little rams ...

There's a problem loading a model, an issue with a require statement, an inventory item using an unsupported image format for a food item, the irrigation mod component is spamming the console any time you right-click, a recipe looks broken, and there's a problem with the compass mod.  Hydrocraft also causes the server to stop responding when attacking zombies, which is probably the source of the crash (as I had it, too, with a server).

That's a pretty surprising amount of things.

Thank you for your quick reply.

I downloaded everything from steam (we all bought the game like a week ago). Is there something I can do about it?

Edit:

Also does that mean all the issues are related to Hydrocraft?

Archived