Getting backup save to show up after reinstalling the game?

deja'vu

So I was having the issue where the game gets stuck on loading world when hosting a multiplayer server. I copied my map and player data from the zomboid folder to make sure it wouldn't get deleted. I then uninstalled the game and deleted the zomboid folder and the project zomboid folder. After reinstalling the game and placing my saves in zomboid/saves/multiplayer they don't show up as an option to launch in the host menu.

By the way I've been running this server with Hydrocraft. In order to get it to work I always open the options.ini file in the zomboid folder and add "Mods=Hydrocraft" (without the quotes).  When I click the mods tab in the main menu it does list Hydrocraft as being installed.

Thanks for any help or advice in advance!

Edited by deja'vu
added hydrocraft tag for accuracy

I assume you copied the entire folder that shows things like.... 

for mp... 

ip_port_username

or for SP it has a name like... sandbox, The First Week, etc. Inside those will be additional folders to separate the different save games. 

Thats very important. Those folders are essential. 

I would hope you copied that. Did you copy that? 

Then again, I have uninstalled and reinstalled my game many times and it doesnt delete those so unless you did manually, upon reinstalling, they should be showing up. 

Edited by FinestHops

12 hours ago, FinestHops said:

I assume you copied the entire folder that shows things like.... 

for mp... 

ip_port_username

or for SP it has a name like... sandbox, The First Week, etc. Inside those will be additional folders to separate the different save games. 

Thats very important. Those folders are essential. 

I would hope you copied that. Did you copy that? 

Then again, I have uninstalled and reinstalled my game many times and it doesnt delete those so unless you did manually, upon reinstalling, they should be showing up. 

Thanks for the reply, I copied the entire "multiplayer" folder under the "saves" folder in Zomboid (I.E. /Zomboid/Saves/Multiplayer/ is where I copied my saves from.)

Where would I find the ip_port_username file? I don't see it anywhere.

This is what mine looks like...

6JyQQYS.png

You can see that it varies on if I use the DNS or IP but each name is segmented.

IP: 8.26.94.109

Port: 16261

Username: FinestHops

This is part of what tells the game that its the proper folder to look at for the save file. Inside that are all the local map files, serverid.dat and all that to actually tell the game your server credentials and all that. The files inside are just as important as the folder and the folder being in the proper location.

10 hours ago, FinestHops said:

This is what mine looks like...

6JyQQYS.png

You can see that it varies on if I use the DNS or IP but each name is segmented.

IP: 8.26.94.109

Port: 16261

Username: FinestHops

This is part of what tells the game that its the proper folder to look at for the save file. Inside that are all the local map files, serverid.dat and all that to actually tell the game your server credentials and all that. The files inside are just as important as the folder and the folder being in the proper location.

saveCapture.thumb.PNG.66ca4769b8c037cb874d6b48f833b15b.PNG

This is how the game saved my hosted multiplayer saves, the one that says "198.27.67.210_16261_deja" is from playing on a public server. The file I can't get to show up is the "party" server and the "party_player" associated file. They both have a ton of stuff in them including the serverid.dat

pz.thumb.PNG.c630dccef06a0e9581358d8863ebebdc.PNG

Here it shows the other servers I started up that are in the same folder as the one I actually want "party", but it doesn't show up? I don't know what I'm missing that's keeping the game from seeing those specific folders.. Thank you for your help so far :-)

On 2/14/2018 at 5:10 AM, EnigmaGrey said:

The easiest solution is just to rename it to servertest.

I don't remember off handif there's any way to set a name for a server outside of a dedicated server, using the -servername launch option.

Dedicated server is usually the way to go all around imo. 

• 5 months later...

I am having this same exact issue, I have 2 zomboid servers, one I dont use and Im letting go at the end of the month...the other is the one I need and it isnt showing up in host. The only difference is that I am not trying to get a backup file to show...I am just trying to get the server to show up. I have wiped the server, manually deleted any and all saves, reinstalled the game. The server is fired up and working...just not showing up in the host section so I can make a few modifications.

Edited by john brayker

13 hours ago, john brayker said:

I am having this same exact issue, I have 2 zomboid servers, one I dont use and Im letting go at the end of the month...the other is the one I need and it isnt showing up in host. The only difference is that I am not trying to get a backup file to show...I am just trying to get the server to show up. I have wiped the server, manually deleted any and all saves, reinstalled the game. The server is fired up and working...just not showing up in the host section so I can make a few modifications.

Did you also copy over the /server/ folder with its settings? You should be able to select them in the Edit and Configure screen.