Veterinary Clinic / Animal Hospital

Magic Mark

Kentucky, especially rural Kentucky, has a large culture for horses and a penchant for farms that rely on livestock.

With that said, not one of the towns included has any kind of veterinary establishment. With the world that the game is supposed to represent, that is an oversight, and something you should consider addressing with the upcoming map update.

While I'm not asking for quadrupeds, it's overall much better for lore and having the world make sense to perhaps change the map to include a clinic of this type in both future towns and at least one or two that already exist.

If not for dogs and cats, for horses and other livestock. With the setting choice, this is something that should have popped up at least a couple times already.

It also would help solidify this as genuine Kentucky with an equestrian center at some point.

Having stables is a start, but just like guns (I'm ecstatic for the new models displayed with animations update by the way), this is a very prevalent culture within Kentucky that deserves a larger representation.

Edited by Kim Jong Un

I lived in kentucky for about 7 years or so. I also made some local friends who either worked on or owned Horse ranches. One thing I learned is that many vets for the horses would actually travel to the ranch as its apparently much easier than dealing with transporting a horse to somewhere else. However, in general a vet clinic would make sense to be on the map. 

1 hour ago, FinestHops said:

I lived in kentucky for about 7 years or so. I also made some local friends who either worked on or owned Horse ranches. One thing I learned is that many vets for the horses would actually travel to the ranch as its apparently much easier than dealing with transporting a horse to somewhere else. However, in general a vet clinic would make sense to be on the map. 

Not from Kentucky, but this is exactly why I was thinking there is more room for it in the game than one would think when brushing it off. It could easily be justified for placing it in the unused rural area outside of towns for this exact reason.

Edited by Kim Jong Un

12 minutes ago, Kim Jong Un said:

Not in Kentucky, but this is exactly why I was thinking there is more room for it in the game than one would think when brushing it off. It could easily be justified for placing it in the unused rural area outside of towns for this exact reason.

In the very least, I think most places have some sort of vet clinic in them for all sorts of pets. 

Where I live in WV, our town has a horse race track and an equine vet practice. The vet office is located next to the track, the vets all make house calls for anything that doesn't require special tools, such as getting an x-ray or major surgery.

The pharmacy part of the office is in a different building than the hospital, the pharmacy is in a trailer-like building and the hospital has its own small barn.

I can get pictures if anyone is interested in doing a custom map or something. =)