Utility to remedy bogus fall damage to player?

Xavian

## Summary ##

My player fell from the 2nd floor to the ground level due to glitchiness at the bottom of stairs of a forest shelter by a pond I had been building. I want to know if there are any player save file utilities (mac compatible) that would simply allow me to heal my fractured leg without forcing me, again, the endure weeks of in game recovery for something that wasn't due to my error.

## Details ##

I've picked up PZ again after not playing it for a long time and have been having great fun revisiting this title. :) My latest character has been in game for about 4 months, survived two scratches and took the better part of a month to recover from accidental fall damage previously. All of those were fine and fair and just; if they would have lead to the ultimate death of my character, I'd be utterly fine with it. Death is pretty much inevitable eventually. 

However, despite weeks of enjoying this game, a glitch today makes me want to stop playing entirely out of disgust. My character was walking from the 3rd floor to the 2nd floor of a forest shelter by a pond I had built and fell through the floor at the foot of the stairs, fracturing their leg. I just recently endured weeks of recovery for a leg fracture that was definitely my fault, but this was just out of the blue random glitchiness. I'm now in the forest with a fractured leg (thankfully splinted and bandaged as I always have my first aid kit) now facing the prospect of limping back to my primary safehouse at Cortman Medical and having to endure another multi-week recovery. Insult to injury, I was close to completing the forest shelter I had spent the better part of an in game week building and now have a literally crippling fear of stairs because I don't want to fall through the floor again.

At the moment I've lost my desire to play any more. But, instead of merely walking away in disgust, if there were a tool available that would allow me to resolve this bogus injury in my player save file, I could merely heal my leg and be on my way unless I fall through the floor again. Are there any good tools for this sort of thing? Thank you for your time!

-Xavian

I had not used The Workshop before for Project Zomboid, so I did and found Cheat Menu V2.6 which has a Heal option. I used that and it did indeed heal me, but my splint/sterilized bandage disappeared with the healing, so make sure to remove any equipment you want to keep before you use it. I only needed the Heal functionality, not interested in the other features as I only want to address glitch issues. I've been reading a lot of forums and see many others have developing crippling fears of stairs. Now I know I can fix glitch issues (short of death) I can continue playing normally with full speed ahead. :)

Cheat Menu V2.6: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=499795221 

If in single player, install Necro Forge. You can use this to heal the guy I believe. Then if you have self control, you can just leave it there in case of any further glitch type accidents. You can also go into the sandbox settings and turn the injury damage down too if you wanted.  Cheat menu is also another alternative that could help. Both can be found on the steam workshop. 

Archived