Question On Modifying Zombie Loot/Generators

Athel Asher

Before anything, I want to state I'm playing 34.26 IWBUMS version(Laptop doesn't handle any v35+).

1)Is there anyway of changing zombie loot in Sandbox mode(Editing a file or such)?
2)Also, is there anyway of changing intake % of gas in generators?

Due to missing out on a lot of the new features, I've been messing around with files here & there to make my gameplay more immersive, but I haven't found either of these files relating to. The only file I did find was for Generators weight in Media/Scripts/Newitems.
I've searched the forums and googled for a good bit and only found mods(Which none are compatible for my pz version). 

I find it odd that your laptop can not handle v35+. I have played on a rather shitty old laptop with a GPU thats basically just an under cooked potato. Lowering settings might actually give you some luck in newer versions. As for help with older versions.... I don't even have a reference for those anymore. 

11 hours ago, FinestHops said:

I find it odd that your laptop can not handle v35+. I have played on a rather shitty old laptop with a GPU thats basically just an under cooked potato. Lowering settings might actually give you some luck in newer versions. As for help with older versions.... I don't even have a reference for those anymore. 

I have a factory Toshiba Satellite M305. It's about 10+ years old. It's mainly my graphics card, would upgrade but prefer to just save up & get an actually gaming rig(To run other games/not having to upgrade shortly after).

7 hours ago, Athel Asher said:

I have a factory Toshiba Satellite M305. It's about 10+ years old. It's mainly my graphics card, would upgrade but prefer to just save up & get an actually gaming rig(To run other games/not having to upgrade shortly after).

Yeh, I get that. If you are going to upgrade though eventually, I personally would suggest building your own Tower PC. You will get far more bang for your buck than you ever will with a laptop since most laptops you get actually upgrade as things get older. My tower I have had for about 15 years and I just upgrade it piece by piece as needed. It actually has not had any upgrades though in the last 3 years and still works totally fine too. A benefit of building your own. 

• 4 weeks later...

Ad for point 1:

the low-tech way to change the loot it to go to:

???\Steam\steamapps\common\ProjectZomboid\media\lua\server\Items

Open

Distributions.lua

(Notepad++ works great)

Find "inventorymale" and/or "inventorymale"

Change or add items to your liking.

(Higher number is higher chance. Would not recommend to go past 2, after that the loot drop becomes ridiculous)

e.g. if you want zombies to have a chance to drop a sledgehammer, you can add another line like

"Sledgehammer", 0.2

If you want to avoid modifying base files, and/or are using mods that change or add items, you could simply add your changes to that mod's files.

In that case, the format is a bit different since you load the distribution file seen above and amends it.

If you want to go that route, find the workshop or mod folder, look in lua/server for a file that has lines along the lines of

table.insert(SuburbsDistributions["????"]["?????"].items, ITEM_NAME);
table.insert(SuburbsDistributions["???"]["????"].items, some number);

To change or add items, then simply add your items you want as such:

table.insert(SuburbsDistributions["all"]["inventoryfemale"].items, item_name);
table.insert(SuburbsDistributions["all"]["inventoryfemale"].items, spawn_chance); 

replace item_name with the item you want, and spawn chance with a number you want.

For both options, to get the correct name of the item, you can look in 

???\Steam\steamapps\common\ProjectZomboid\media\scripts

Files items.txt and newitems.txt are where most things are defined. Some others might be in camping, farming, etc

look for anything that looks like this:

item CampfireKit
    {
        something written in here,
    }

whatever is the name after "item" is the name you need to use in the script.

Archived