It's been over 4 years...

sumdood

Ya, I guess so. That thread is more about complaining that NPCs aren't in the game yet.  I'm happy with the game's development so far, and will gladly wait for NPCs.  I'd just like to hear if there is any progress toward their development.

I know about all of that, I've been keeping tabs on this game for a while.  I'm not asking when NPCs are going to be put into the game, I know it will be a while.  I'm just looking for an update on its progress since there hasn't been one in years.  It was a really interesting system they had planned, I'm just worried they've scrapped it due to the complexity.  

They have clearly stated that they will work on NPCs after the cars are finished and when animations are in.

You know what I find funny?

CoD WW2 was developed by a massive team of professionals on an engine that was already made and refined, with tools and mechanics that were already established over three years. The game isn't finished, was a disaster on launch, there are still features missing from the game and there are multiple bugs and issues that aren't fixed or being looked at.

That is a gaming company that has made games for a hell of a long time failing at meeting deadlines and delivering a finished product over three years of development time.

Then I look at The Indie Stone, a bunch of people who, although a few have worked for companies, have little to no experience making a complex game game from absolute scratch (as far as I have seen) and are trying to pull together multiplayer as well as single player with mod support. I am not surprised it is taking this long to develop.

Also I think this game cost me 10 bucks. I've eaten things more expensive than this game over 10 minutes.

On 2/6/2018 at 11:14 AM, Damien Darkside said:

Cars

Animation

NPCs

Cars were the big mechanic that needed to be added

They aren't going to put NPCs in without adding in the new animation system

The NPCs are the final large piece.

Dude this game is gonna be finished in 2022 so hold onto your knickers

Have they said it would be done by 2022? I always assumed they had no deadline.

Archived