Communities

ThomasLilly01

Hi Indie Stone and, or other users,

I wanted too suggest Communities. So say that you have started the game ,and you see a small group(10 or higher) of NPC's traveling. You leave them be, and 6 months later you see them again with whole blocks cleared and walls up Gates,Stores,Houses,Walls,etc and they have over 40 too 80 members,For example The Walking Dead Woodbury or Alexandria) .You could join and you would go on too a discussion with the leader.And you will be put on a job depending on what you used too be For example if you picked construction worker you would be put up on the Contruction branch and would be responsible for building new bulidings,and repairs.On the other hand if you're a Police officer maybe you're on the Scavenging Branch or on the wall too Guard. Their can also be Natural events like a horde with like 300 Zombies go through the gates overnight and you're left with the decision of helping take the Zombies down,gathering as many as you can and get out or Leaving them completely too live on your own again, coming back later.

The Politics Side.

As suggested by @CrackerJack

Choosing the 'government' of survivor groups.

My idea is somewhat the same

Thanks, Indie Stone Team for reading and Other Users
     I will need Constructive criticism, if you can do that thanks and feel free too add on too whatever i wrote. Bye (fedora)

"Constructive criticism", huh ? Is it a new branch of communism ?  :oops: 

Assuming the task assignment system works, my fear is that a subordinated player (ie who's not a leader) may get bored if he's to handle the same task all days long. On the other end the environment is hostile and communities may need to use people at what they're best, at least in the short run. To more or less realistically circumvent this there could be :

- a way for characters (NPCs and players alike) to request another job, or get depressed, run away, become dangerous to the community/leadership if he's not allowed to. Then the leadership AI would need to make all requests match, and probably upset some people whose wishes were denied in the process.

- a system of training that costs resources and manpower, but makes it more believable to have an ex white collar suddenly become the farmer in chief of the community.

Do you know of the Rebuild franchise by the way ? It doesn't catter with the micromanagement pz has to offer, but is based on the global task management you're talking about (auto / custom task assignment based on skills families : scavenge, farm, research, fight, lead) ; it's basic but fun imo. They're raising funds at the moment for the third opus by the way http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/sarahnorthway/rebuild-gangs-of-deadsville /spam

"Constructive criticism", huh ? Is it a new branch of communism ?  :oops: 

Assuming the task assignment system works, my fear is that a subordinated player (ie who's not a leader) may get bored if he's to handle the same task all days long. On the other end the environment is hostile and communities may need to use people at what they're best, at least in the short run. To more or less realistically circumvent this there could be :

- a way for characters (NPCs and players alike) to request another job, or get depressed, run away, become dangerous to the community/leadership if he's not allowed to. Then the leadership AI would need to make all requests match, and probably upset some people whose wishes were denied in the process.

- a system of training that costs resources and manpower, but makes it more believable to have an ex white collar suddenly become the farmer in chief of the community.

Do you know of the Rebuild franchise by the way ? It doesn't catter with the micromanagement pz has to offer, but is based on the global task management you're talking about (auto / custom task assignment based on skills families : scavenge, farm, research, fight, lead) ; it's basic but fun imo. They're raising funds at the moment for the third opus by the way http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/sarahnorthway/rebuild-gangs-of-deadsville /spam

Yes i did play rebuild 1 and 2 i did enjoy them very much but it wasn't very hard and got boring and repetitive ,and i do get that it would get boring doing the same tasks but having the relationships of other survivors then again it would create a connection of Survivors if it did become a large community it would be fun for me as for the training thing i really like it.P.S if they did get Rebuild 3 through it would be cool.

Yes i did play rebuild 1 and 2 i did enjoy them very much but it wasn't very hard and got boring and repetitive ,and i do get that it would get boring doing the same tasks but having the relationships of other survivors then again it would create a connection of Survivors if it did become a large community it would be fun for me as for the training thing i really like it.P.S if they did get Rebuild 3 through it would be cool.

Don't get me wrong i'm not implying the leader - ie task manager - (if there should be one and only one) has to be a player to prevent boredom, i was just pointing out a potential obvious flaw if NPCs interactions are not flexible enough. In fact i'd find it pretty cool & original to be expected to obey orders, to be able to disobey them and face the consequences.

Talking about NPCs interactions, this should get you excited if you didn't read it already : http://projectzomboid.com/blog/2013/01/tales-from-the-metaverse/ (it did for many of us here).

Don't get me wrong i'm not implying the leader - ie task manager - (if there should be one and only one) has to be a player to prevent boredom, i was just pointing out a potential obvious flaw if NPCs interactions are not flexible enough. In fact i'd find it pretty cool & original to be expected to obey orders, to be able to disobey them and face the consequences.

Talking about NPCs interactions, this should get you excited if you didn't read it already : http://projectzomboid.com/blog/2013/01/tales-from-the-metaverse/ (it did for many of us here).

I really enjoyed it as in my class i do nothing but write suggetions about PZ because we do nothing in there.The big communities came at me as soon as i heard that NPC's Were gonna be complex that they were gonna fight,group etc so I was wondering what if you got like 40  members they wouldn't be in one house they would need walls and more houses and implementing the careers if you do join a group puts the variation since everyone i see play picks Construction Worker so maybe too make more variation but maybe as soon as you get bored maybe their is a war going on with another group Therefore Construction and everything stops(except scavenging of course) and people are put in a shootout risking your life idk maybe if someone with authority or enough want in this we could get this in when NPC's are in and have been worked on a bit too be able too do this stuff.

If you read through the stuff indie stone has already said about NPCs they're actually better than your suggestion already. (-=

They will decide a leader (or fight for it), assign tasks to people, gather what try need, make friendships or hostilities with other NPCs and groups, etc.

It's a lot like what you're suggesting but less arbiter and more natural and coherent.

If you read through the stuff indie stone has already said about NPCs they're actually better than your suggestion already. (-=

They will decide a leader (or fight for it), assign tasks to people, gather what try need, make friendships or hostilities with other NPCs and groups, etc.

It's a lot like what you're suggesting but less arbiter and more natural and coherent.

I know what they are doing and i was just wondering if a group gets too big 20-40 above will they expand and get more houses and build farms,walls,and new buildings. Or have they removed it completely too where a group cant get that big. and if they can it wouldn't be able too be held just on Scavenging.