Grass growing on things

FinestHops

Question

On our server we are setting up, we have confirmed this issue on both the vehicle branch and main branch of the game. 

When using any sort of terra forming like in the cheat menu, Necro Forge or even the options in more build, grass will grow through anything placed. This includes water.

Also, while using map mods, like in our example, Over The River, grass and trees grow on the water as though it thinks they are grass tiles, not water. 

This is a fairly new issue that we have only seen in the last month or two. We noticed it first while testing the vehicle branch and thought maybe it had something to do with that but are now seeing it on the main branch as well. 

Mods List:

Mods=Otr;ORGM;Hydrocraft;CoordinateView(Mist);NecroForge;NecroForgePlugs;MoreBuild;DubsProfessionMod;cremation;spraypaint;WC;ChipAStone;More Radio and TV;ServerProps;bcUtils;

A quick fix would be finding some way to turn off grass and tree growth while not inhibiting crop growth.  That would technically solve the issue for now. However, we dont know how this could be accomplished. 

A theory on this is that it must have something to do with map mods and building tools not providing some form of a tile ID that tells the game not to grow grass at that specific location. 

Any ideas out there? Anyone also seeing this issue? If not, what mods of ours do you NOT use. Maybe its a mod thats causing issues. 

3 answers to this question

I can confirm this, I see it all the time when using necroforge on our server (build 38.30). We use orgm, necro and hydrocraft, but I dont think its a mod issue. I think it more has to do with the way erosion works. On that note, you can copy a wall tile thats been cracked by erosion, and the crack is also copied.  If you copy a clean wall and build with that, it never cracks.

After discussing this at length with Enigma... he is going to see about getting some more information regarding a few things from the coders and such. It will be interesting to see for certain what causes this. Sure, it has to do with a mod but it involves a few heavily used mods. 

I will post a reply to this post once more information is gleamed from the issue. Maybe that information will help someone else down the line too. 

Archived