Ignore admin/mod accounts in MaxAccountsPerUser

Dr_Cox1911

Greetings,

I think it would be best if admin or any account with a special accesslevel doesn't count against the MaxAccountsPerUser server setting.

As per design by TIS you can't properly play with a character that has an special acceslevel defined because some of the special abilities are always on. So if a player how is a staff from the server want's to normally play the MaxAccountsPerUser setting has to be set to 2, which opens up every player to create a second account.

My proposal: accounts that have a special abiltity aren't counted against the MaxAccountsPerUser setting, so this can be set to 1.

I agree to a certain extent, I tried to blend an admin account and player account and the instant benefits that could not be turned off (carry weight, moving items, reading instantly) killed the sense of progression.

That said, having custom permissions (like setting an account that simply just has the ability to save and shut down the world) would solve this for me.

One of the primary goals of the permission system was that those roles would be customizable in the database (e.g. enabling only save and quit for a user and disabling everything else). It just never manifested, due to more important things.

Agreed on not counting admins in the alt limit.