Map: Trumbull Valley

Brex

I don't know if this is the specific forum to post map ideas, but I thought I'd do it anyway. So the map I'm suggesting is Trumbull Valley, the fictional setting in one of my favorite zombie games, State of Decay.

trumbulll-valley-mapb-guns-copy.jpg

Located in the north/northwestern United States and boasting a wide area with gently rolling hills, rivers, and mountains on all sides, Trumbull Valley contains a rich assortment of settlements and points of interest. It is, however, unfortunately overrun by zombies for the entire duration of the game.

There's a lot of potential for a PZ version of Trumbull Valley, and I honestly think not only could it be done, it could be done very well. It may be difficult in some respects, as most of the terrain color consists of yellows and browns, neither of which are prominent in PZ terrain. And there will obviously be things in the original Trumbull Valley that can't be implemented into PZ due to limitations (plane crash, mountain, etc.) But I still think it's doable. The road layout isn't too complicated, at least from what I can see. Since nearly all buildings in State of Decay are enterable, that would make creating the custom buildings a bit easier. I mean, I may have no clue what I'm talking about, since I have no experience mapping in PZ nor would I know any way of going about it (hence why this is a suggestion). I just think it's an idea with a lot of potential. I may be the only one, or I may not be. What do you think? 

• 3 weeks later...
6 hours ago, Kim Jong Un said:

If I could learn the map tools, I would gladly put some work into this. If you were at the Undead Labs forums before they shut down, I'm Alan Gunderson from the SOD community. Glad to see more SOD fans here :)

Likewise. It's pretty addicting. Easily one of my favorites despite some flaws. Can't wait for SOD 2. 

Also I'm not even sure if making a Trumbull Valley map is possible given the terrain and assets, but I'm willingly to bet the buildings like the church and courthouse could be replicated pretty easily. 

6 hours ago, Kim Jong Un said:

A few things would definitely have to be omitted, but the layout could easily stay the same. Anything surrounding multi-level terrain will have to go. 

Indeed. I've also thought about recreating locations from other zombie-themed games, such as Willamette, Raccoon City, Union City, Splendid, and Austin. Though some (such as Banoi, Fortune City, and Harran) would probably be far too difficult to recreate in PZ's engine. 

• 1 month later...