Fence / Fencing in Building Editor

unbirthday

I'm trying to make fencing at the top of a staircase (or rails) to protect the player from falls. But I've noticed no fence walls or fencing anywhere in the tiles and furniture window. Been looking for 1~2 hours (The tileset I'm using is Tiles-Nov-20-2017.zip, CRC32 of A14E6270).

I'm sure I'm missing other things too, such as bottle racks for the bar area. I honestly can't believe how long it takes to make a building. Must've taken me 2-3 hours just to make a bar.

I'm sure you get faster with experience, but wow.

Yeah, best way is to go under Tile View - Then select fencing_01 in the Menu - Then select your fence - Right Click to get the popup menu - Select Wall Overlay or Similar - Then Place your fence.

tutex0.thumb.png.408c9db4610887afd211d7c2ed486749.png

You can also use fixtures_railings and set it up the same way as well.

tutex.thumb.png.54a29943b49e75ba0ea36968b2c6b0a9.png

I hope it helps. Let me know if you have any questions.

Keep up the mapping! It does take forever but is really rewarding once you get even a small location/town going.

That's because your trying to add them the proper way which can be a pain sometimes.

Your better off just clicking the image and then placing it as is instead of setting it up as you are to use in ISO mode.

You are going about it right though, but I wouldn't set it up as Furniture and you have to make sure you have a the directions correct too. If I wasn't so tired I'd try to walk you through it so maybe tomorrow.

image.thumb.png.d23e8efbb58215d7e8175e88fde1290e.png

I noticed in your image that it says Tilesets and not Furniture. Then I noticed that I was looking in the Furniture tab. I didn't initially see any difference, until you prompted me. When I select Tilesets, they're in there, along with other stuff that I'm missing :D

Thanks for the help fellow.

pz_building_editor_tilesets_fencing.png

• 5 years later...

I did what is written above and it does seem to put fences, however they occupy whole tile by destroying anything below it. This makes using fences (actually anything added this way) useless. I provide screenshot above to explain what i mean. It destroys tiles across all floors. Is there way to use fence "wall-like" so it will occupy spaces between floor tiles?

Screenshot 2023-04-01 223215.png

Edit: It's second time i found an answer immidietely after i asked the quesiton. I just needed to right click on it a

Edited by Takxizis
I am stupid