Jump to content

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DarkSideDK

Another year later.

Recommended Posts

So.

Here we are again. Another year, filled with disappointment, and with almost no progress.
It has taken you more than a year to NOT actually implement vehicles. 
How is this possible? Have you seen what the modding community has been able to do without you? They basically run your game for you by now. There is SO MUCH great content from the modders, that contributes way more to your game, than your own content does!

 

I have defended you a couple of times when my friends compared you to the Rust developers, but you know what? I've changed my mind.
You're even worse than them. Rust is actually moving somewhere. This game is dead, and when you finally manage to get your **** together, your game will be irrelevant and outdated. Besides, you ban members of the community for speaking their minds, which is one of the biggest no-no's in the entire industry. If you can't handle criticism, you're in the wrong business, I'll tell you that. 

I'm curious as to how many in your community that is still sticking to their guns, trying to defend you. Again, I've followed this game since 2014, and it's barely going anywhere.  But I'm guessing you're just going to delete this post and ban me because that's how "you roll". I already gave you my money, so who the **** cares what I think, right?

That was my two cents. I hope the community is about as fed up with you as I am. 
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, EnigmaGrey said:

You caught us.

Vehicles don't really exist.

 

 

Sarcasm, huh? Alright then... Sarcasm it is.

"Oh! You're right! How amazing is this? This non-glitchy, perfectly working implementation of cars that isn't buggy at all, and totally has both normal- and collision sound effects, absolutely validates your point. How silly of me to even question this brilliantly coordinated effort by a superb team of developers, who definitely aren't baiting the community, and continues to scam people out of money. 10/10."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, DarkSideDK said:

Sarcasm, huh? Alright then... Sarcasm it is.

"Oh! You're right! How amazing is this? This non-glitchy, perfectly working implementation of cars that isn't buggy at all, and totally has both normal- and collision sound effects, absolutely validates your point. How silly of me to even question this brilliantly coordinated effort by a superb team of developers, who definitely aren't baiting the community, and continues to scam people out of money. 10/10."

 

It not being perfect is a far cry from not being implemented. Hundreds of people have played with them on the Spiffospace Server and, baring a few bugs, found that they both play well and breathes life into the game. It's something that it's needed for years, along with NPCs and animations. 

 

Scams don't continue developing, or throwing that money back into development, no matter how disappointing the speed of development is to some of its customers (and the developers itself). There are thousands of scams on the Steam store that'll never progress past being unplayable messes and asset flips, not to mention games that outright fail to work out of the box.

 

Gain some perspective. Try out the vehicles beta. Have some fun with the game, rather than just react to a date.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"Try to have some fun with the game, rather than just react?"

image.png.b13d6afbcc81e51c881c5dba77562fc8.png

This is my main Steam account. It doesn't even take into account the untold amount of hours I've spent on the game on Desura, before I got this on Steam. 
I have perspective. I've had my fun. I've had patience. That patience is gone. 
I had great hopes for this game, but I highly doubt you're going to deliver the major promises you've made for this game.
Modders already created somewhat functioning cars and NPC's, without funding, and way ahead of you.
So I don't know what it is you're doing as developers, but it's definitely not the right things. 

To quote one of the newest reviews by "Sammyboy" from Steam:

image.png.9c1c0d2023c766b4d5d094f2162036b1.png
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Even if those promises were delivered, it likely wouldn't change the feeling of burn-out you have.  Project Zomboid's a game most people play for around 20 - 28 hours, and you've no doubt seen its content three or four times over - itself the product of seven years of work. How much can you reasonably expect that to change each year?

 

Early access, cars, NPCs, and animations may well not change that feeling. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, EnigmaGrey said:

Even if those promises were delivered, it likely wouldn't change the feeling of burn-out you have.  Project Zomboid's a game most people play for around 20 - 28 hours, and you've no doubt seen its content three or four times over - itself the product of seven years of work. How much can you reasonably expect that to change each year?

 

Early access, cars, NPCs, and animations may well not change that feeling. 

 

Cars and NPC's would've been a great help in giving this game some more content. Even something modders could continue the work on. In fact, that previously mentioned content is why I bought the game, to begin with.
So you can interpret the 100+ hours I've spent in your game, as waiting for you, with great expectation, to deliver on your promises. 
That might not help the feeling of burn-out anymore, it's probably too late for that. But, I would have at least liked to experience it before I discarded your product.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, DarkSideDK said:

 

Cars and NPC's would've been a great help in giving this game some more content. Even something modders could continue the work on. In fact, that previously mentioned content is why I bought the game, to begin with.
So you can interpret the 100+ hours I've spent in your game, as waiting for you, with great expectation, to deliver on your promises. 
That might not help the feeling of burn-out anymore, it's probably too late for that. But, I would have at least liked to experience it before I discarded your product.

 

 

Well, the cars are there. You can play them now and modders can interact with the physics engine underlying it all. It has almost a year's worth of work behind it and is far more than just a sprite moving around the screen, after all. It's damn fun to play, especially with others in MP.

 

And if you can't see that right now? That's fine. Discard the game. One day, though, I'm confident you'll put the feeling that you were forced to wait for something better behind you and remember that you played the game because you enjoyed it.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, DarkSideDK said:

So.

Here we are again. Another year, filled with disappointment, and with almost no progress.
It has taken you more than a year to NOT actually implement vehicles. 
How is this possible? Have you seen what the modding community has been able to do without you? They basically run your game for you by now. There is SO MUCH great content from the modders, that contributes way more to your game, than your own content does!

 

I have defended you a couple of times when my friends compared you to the Rust developers, but you know what? I've changed my mind.
You're even worse than them. Rust is actually moving somewhere. This game is dead, and when you finally manage to get your **** together, your game will be irrelevant and outdated. Besides, you ban members of the community for speaking their minds, which is one of the biggest no-no's in the entire industry. If you can't handle criticism, you're in the wrong business, I'll tell you that. 

I'm curious as to how many in your community that is still sticking to their guns, trying to defend you. Again, I've followed this game since 2014, and it's barely going anywhere.  But I'm guessing you're just going to delete this post and ban me because that's how "you roll". I already gave you my money, so who the **** cares what I think, right?

That was my two cents. I hope the community is about as fed up with you as I am. 
 

Hi. I think its unfair to say "almost no progress".

Cars are working on the test build and a lot of fun. Bugs remain and are being quashed one at a time but they are playable and fun right now.

Everybody agrees that development has been to slow but it hasn't been caused my maliciousness.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On the same topic but with a different perspective with two other early access games examples:

 

One comment that is made often is that development takes so much time that the game won't be looking good compared to other games when it's finally done. I think that comment applies more to a game like Dayz where visual fidelity is a concern, PZ has a non realistic art direction and therefore won't suffer too much from a lengthy development on that aspect. 

 

Another comment is that people will lose interest eventually. I'm not sure about that, one counter example is The Long Dark, after a relatively fast development, they rushed out the story mode probably to avoid delaying the release of the game too much (total hours played on the game was significantly dropping) and because the mode was incomplete, buggy, poorly written etc., and more importantly did not meet their player base expectations the audience shrunk even more and quite abruptly. Indie stone is probably doing the right thing by working as long as it takes on their features so the final game reflects what players like about PZ.

 

One more thing, it's quite unfair to compare PZ to other EA games like rust, PZ budget is clearly lower and, yet, they managed to hire top level devs (side note: Thank you Bitbaboon for Drive, fantastic game I played for hours with my brother and father. "Burnout!!"). 

 

Last point, I was looking for a game that I could mod by adding a custom map, and it takes so much time and effort to do so that I wanted to be sure that the game I choose would keep on being played in the the next years. Another decisive aspect was: are the devs open to modding? And as you pointed out they very much are and the community is active. That's why I'm more than happy to keep on working on my map.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, DarkSideDK said:

"Try to have some fun with the game, rather than just react?"

image.png.b13d6afbcc81e51c881c5dba77562fc8.png

This is my main Steam account. It doesn't even take into account the untold amount of hours I've spent on the game on Desura, before I got this on Steam. 
I have perspective. I've had my fun. I've had patience. That patience is gone. 
I had great hopes for this game, but I highly doubt you're going to deliver the major promises you've made for this game.
Modders already created somewhat functioning cars and NPC's, without funding, and way ahead of you.
So I don't know what it is you're doing as developers, but it's definitely not the right things. 

To quote one of the newest reviews by "Sammyboy" from Steam:

image.png.9c1c0d2023c766b4d5d094f2162036b1.png
 

 

Thats all? 96? Cute... This is also not counting pre-steam hours...

 

cmvC37Q.png

 

Does the game still leave things to be desired? Yes. Is development slow? Sure. Do vehicles exist? Yes. 

6 hours ago, DarkSideDK said:

It has taken you more than a year to NOT actually implement vehicles. 

 

Despite you saying they dont, there is an entire branch for them. Unless of course you mean the fact they are not in the active branch. Then you just need to explain yourself better. 

 

All I see however is that you are pissing and moaning that a game didnt deliver certain content in the time frame you wanted and are just saying you are going to quit. Know what this makes me think?

 

pay_attention_to_me___by_scilk-dad77ff.j

 

Thats how you come across to me. 

 

Personally, I am grateful that the devs have continued to work on the game opposed to just abandoning it like is so common in early access games. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, DarkSideDK said:

"Try to have some fun with the game, rather than just react?"

image.png.b13d6afbcc81e51c881c5dba77562fc8.png

This is my main Steam account. It doesn't even take into account the untold amount of hours I've spent on the game on Desura, before I got this on Steam. 
I have perspective. I've had my fun. I've had patience. That patience is gone. 
I had great hopes for this game, but I highly doubt you're going to deliver the major promises you've made for this game.
Modders already created somewhat functioning cars and NPC's, without funding, and way ahead of you.
So I don't know what it is you're doing as developers, but it's definitely not the right things. 

To quote one of the newest reviews by "Sammyboy" from Steam:

image.png.9c1c0d2023c766b4d5d094f2162036b1.png
 

 

Dude!? How can you Recommend against a game you played for at least 98 hours and paid like . . . $15 for?

 

Infantile.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, DarkSideDK said:

Besides, you ban members of the community for speaking their minds, which is one of the biggest no-no's in the entire industry. If you can't handle criticism, you're in the wrong business, I'll tell you that. 


We don't. We ban people who insult us or others. Usually, after they do it repeatedly. 
In all this time I think there was one guy who was banned on accident. It was later spun as being deliberate. 

 

Trusting reviews of people who throw insults around and then get dealt with within the guidelines of Steam Discussions blindly is just as weird as it would be to not be frustrated with the pace of the game's development. 
That's all absolutely understandable.  

As EG already stated, it's perfectly fine to be done with the game for a while. Coming back to it when it's out of Early Access, whenever that is, will certainly be worth it. 
The pace of when it all came together absolutely isn't anything to write home about and nobody in the team would tell you otherwise.  If we could get it all done sooner, we would. We've taken steps to ensure that we're getting through the finish line faster,  but quality shouldn't be sacrificed just to get it over with.
 

7 hours ago, DarkSideDK said:

But I'm guessing you're just going to delete this post and ban me because that's how "you roll". I already gave you my money, so who the **** cares what I think, right?

Someone saying this has not taken part in the community. This is not me blaming you for it, because I have no doubt there are other things people do. 
It's just that this is exactly how we don't roll, and spending a moderate amount of time here would tell you that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I only commented recently because I was curious about the game as it has aged a little since it's inception. Also unlike others, I've always mainly wanted SP elements like NPC's or a narrative to follow.

 

In the past I was upset. But I'm not now, just more sad than anything. It's still a great game though. Mind you not counting hours spent in TileZed (which are probably at least half if not more than my game time) I think I have reason to comment like I do. Though without raging(like I have in the past).

Playtime.jpg.53b1e0a64091bf6020dfae6638b74ef3.jpg

 

Maybe try modding in something you want? Otherwise it's just a long wait (which can be frustrating I agree).

 

I will say I wish there was an Event System for making custom scenario's or mini-games to hold us over. But even wanting to rage I've found something to do with my 684 hours. 

 

So the game can't be too bad. I guess I have a love hate relationship :P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×
×
  • Create New...