Game Not Loading

Dark_Author

Question

So, its been a while since I played (a couple months) and I picked the vehicle branch.  Anyway, the game isn't going to the loading screen when I start a new character.  Its just sitting on the PZ screen and credits are happening in the top right corner.  Is it supposed to do that?  I don't remember that being a thing.

Edited to add:  Loading the tutorial (I had never tried it before) worked fine.

2 answers to this question

2 hours ago, Dark_Author said:

So, its been a while since I played (a couple months) and I picked the vehicle branch.  Anyway, the game isn't going to the loading screen when I start a new character.  Its just sitting on the PZ screen and credits are happening in the top right corner.  Is it supposed to do that?  I don't remember that being a thing.

Edited to add:  Loading the tutorial (I had never tried it before) worked fine.

That is odd. Did you just reinstall the game or play it right off? Did you try and alt-tab or select out of the game while trying to load? 

If you have had the game installed for awhile, I would suggest reinstalling the game as a first step. 

After messing around with for a while, I was able to fix it.  The issue was an old mod I had installed that gave more starting points at the beginning character creation.  Not sure why it would stop the game from loading after I made a character, but it did.  Removing it solved the problem.

Archived