Controller help

Livio Persemprio

Question

Howdy, today i bought a cheap controller to play with my girl, tried latest vehicle build. everything seems fine, but i can't manage to find the attack button and the pause button, also the left stick movement is fine but the right one about facing during stealth is inverted. How can I fix that? I see there is a config file but I don't understand it sadly

2 answers to this question

I had quite a tough time with configuring controllers myself lately, so at least I'll try.
More or less it is quite a bit of trial and error if the controller doesn't work out of the box.
In the controller setup menu, do the "setup test stuff" for the respective controller and check what is diaplayed when pressing the buttons and such.

The pause button is the start button (say you press start on your controller and in the test suite "7" lights up, adjust that in the config file accordingly)

The attack button should be the right trigger (erm, the right lower shoulder button, is it? - sorry, no native english speaker) - config file tells you that the triggers are supposed to be an axis, if not put the respective numbers in instead of "-1"

Spoiler

// Triggers= is the axis number of both the left and right triggers.
Triggers=4
TriggersFlipped=false
// If your triggers are buttons, set the button numbers here.
// If these are set to something other than -1, then Triggers= is ignored.
TriggerLeft=6
TriggerRight=7

Your aiming axis being inverted should easily be corrected with changing "false" to "true" in this part of the config file:

Spoiler

AimingAxisX=4
AimingAxisXFlipped=false  [--change to AimingAxisXFlipped=true]
AimingAxisY=5
AimingAxisYFlipped=false  [--change to AimingAxisYFlipped=true]

Hope this helps, attached are my config files for different controllers.

In my case (being on Linux, though) it helped to change the input method of the controller, don't know if this is possible in your case, mine has a button to switch between DirectInput and XInput https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DirectInput

Cheers

Addition: With holding the "back" button you enter some circular menu where you can choose different options like zoom, pause, craft via the right stick.

HJC Game GAMEPAD.config

Microsoft X-Box 360 pad.config

Archived