PZ "community"

OLomasO

Had a different topic open. Specifically dedicated to complaining about this game and its lack of development. Topic was closed though, mostly because it didn't contain any pats on the back for the devs. It consisted of me comparing the game to other games that were similar in team comp and complexity. Then being told I didn't know what I was talking about. Funny thing was the person was wrong about what games were multiplayer or not and the "depth" of their systems. Treating PZ like it's this incredibly complex game compared to anything else. It was also assumed that I know nothing about game development. Basically if you complain about the game, or it's devs you're labeled TOXIC! Regardless of the validity of your statement. You'll be told you're too dumb to understand and your topic will be closed.

So....IF you happen to run across this topic and you're looking to play PZ. Don't bother putting the money down.

Optimization is bad

Multiplayer is a lag fest

Bugs that have been in place since day one are still there.

new features are talked about, half ass put in, then taken out, and never heard from again.

No need to reply to this thread I'll be getting rid of my account and this game.

I'll be playing whatever 3rd rendition of a much better zombie series by the time this game leave alpha.

We all know just how frustrating the lack of expansion of some systems and the time it takes for bigger things to be added is for everyone involved in the game. But, as you said in your prior thread: they're doing their best. For you, that's just not good enough. So what? No one has the ability to hate the game towards greater depth or completion.

A friend once told me that you can say anything... it just depends on how you say it. Throughout the years, I've come to realize how true this is.

Criticism isn't banned. But if you are an ass when making points, prepare to be treated like an ass. And let's be honest here. That other post (and this one) just come off as you being a combative ass. This is why I, and I'm sure some other people, can't take you seriously.

Even now, it seems like you want to keep saying the same thing while ignoring the counter points. Maybe try specifically and thoroughly addressing the counter points while avoiding whining. Your points would be taken more seriously and people will actually engage in debate with you then.

On 1/16/2018 at 6:21 AM, OLomasO said:

Had a different topic open. Specifically dedicated to complaining about this game and its lack of development. Topic was closed though, mostly because it didn't contain any pats on the back for the devs. It consisted of me comparing the game to other games that were similar in team comp and complexity. Then being told I didn't know what I was talking about. Funny thing was the person was wrong about what games were multiplayer or not and the "depth" of their systems. Treating PZ like it's this incredibly complex game compared to anything else. It was also assumed that I know nothing about game development. Basically if you complain about the game, or it's devs you're labeled TOXIC! Regardless of the validity of your statement. You'll be told you're too dumb to understand and your topic will be closed.

So....IF you happen to run across this topic and you're looking to play PZ. Don't bother putting the money down.

Optimization is bad

Multiplayer is a lag fest

Bugs that have been in place since day one are still there.

new features are talked about, half ass put in, then taken out, and never heard from again.

No need to reply to this thread I'll be getting rid of my account and this game.

I'll be playing whatever 3rd rendition of a much better zombie series by the time this game leave alpha.

You have to understand that not every developer has the same skill/ experience/ time etc to put into their project.

That's why there is no point in comparing the dev team to another, they're doing what they can to the best of their ability.

I thought it was a pretty damned good game already!

You should play singleplayer and focus on it as if you are playing a strategy title. You can easily rack up hours to the tune of <= $0.50 per hour played. ANY game that achieves at least that threshold has achieved the minimum threshold of "success" and deserves to be acknowledged as such.

Amazingly, it is possible to encounter games which fail to reach this threshold, and even setting aside issues like "poorly-advised purchases which do not actually fit with one's tastes."

I can easily think of half-dozen games I have purchased over the years which fell below the "50 cents per hour value" threshold:

Huh. I've had this game for the vast majority of it's development time. I bought two copies way back on Desura and a third on Steam later. (for other people) which I would not have done if I didn't think it was worth it then, or that it had future potential.

-Optimization is bad

The game has always run very well for me, honestly. Then again I have an actual gamer PC. So either I'm lucky or a lot of people who may have had performance issues are trying to game on laptops and other stuff that isn't optimal. Maybe both.

-Multiplayer is a lag fest

What little experience I've had in multiplayer ran fine, granted it wasn't extensive but there weren't any notable issues.

-Bugs that have been in place since day one are still there.

That's vague and I personally cannot think of any that have lingered on for that long. If they have I imagine they are very low impact or I should know.

-new features are talked about, half ass put in, then taken out, and never heard from again.

I'd say false on that last comment, the other part comes with the territory of an in progress game that is still being fleshed out.

It still boggles the mind how so many people get so butthurt over these kinds of issues an a clearly labeled early access in development game. You know, in advance, what you are getting in to. Presumably, you have other games to play, other ways to live your life. Go do those and check back later, like everyone else.

You know what gives me a case of the butthurts? Developers that say their game is done and sell it when it's obviously not. I bought Stardrive on Steam because I love those kinds of games. Well, it ended up abandoned before it was truly done, crashes do to out of memory issues (32bit game that tries to act like it's 64bit with the amount of crap it tries to do) and has other bugs. Wasted my money on that. Stardrive 2 comes around. Read some of the stuff the dev said, thought cool, he's got his stuff figured out now.  I'll support him. Bad move. Second game has as many issues as the first, never gets finished. Sold as if complete.

That's where you get a legitimate case of the butthurts. I was a sucker for going for it twice, but the dev fully knew his crap wasn't done and sold it like it was.

At least here you know in advance what you're getting. An incomplete product that is still being worked on. It's up to all of us to weigh if it's right for us. If it's not, that's mostly on you.

Made some adjustments to Slow Malignancy. Gave the character a lot more points (basically just to ease the early session grind since I have upgraded to the vehicle beta and restarted) and made some other tweaks.

Question about the custom zombie settings:

HAaJb.jpg

My intent with those is to have "not a lot" of zombies at the beginning (around the same as "normal" but perhaps even less), but then to have two effects that occur over time from there:

1. Zombie population size slowly increases to a very high level within 365 days

2. With the slow respawn values, I intend that it is possible to temporarily "clear out" an area. So for example if you roam around a whole city block sized area, killing all the zombies and then leave for one day, when you come back they won't just magically be respawned, but will slowly over days or weeks start to show up again.

Are these settings in the screen cap about right for that? Is there a detailed description of how the parameters in this config options pane influence game factors?

Slow Malignancy.cfg

Archived