Want To buy SSD for gaming

markhascole

Howdy

I'm not too tech savvy these days, but I'd say go with which ever is cheaper. The performance difference probably won't be noticable.  I built my desktop back in 2012 and have no issue with it. The only thing I've upgraded is the video card.

I only use my SSD for my operating system. I suppose if I was able to find one cheap enough and large enough I might use it to install other shit too.

DO IT! You might not notice that much of a difference outside of your Windows user interface, but as Hard disks get older they progressively get slower and slower.
SSD's don't have this downside to them and last forever. The difference between SSD's isn't that big of a deal however.

Good investment, much faster! Good choice for going with the 1TB, should be enough for OS and most games.

The 960 Pro (600 euros) has a M.2 connection, even faster than a standard SSD (+- 2000 MB/s). The 960 Pro is more of a chip than a hard drive. There is only usually only 1 or 2 M.2 connections.

The 850 EVO (400+- euros) has a standard SATA connection, fits all motherboards. (500 MB/s). This one is cheaper and a bit slower.

An average hard drive will get about 80 MB/s.

I agree with Tommysticks and Patrick that the difference won't be that noticeable bewteen the 850 and the 960. My startup increased from about 1,5 minutes to some 15-20 seconds and general responsiveness is much better. Going back to a laptop with a normal HDD is almost torture, so slow.

Archived