[Vehicles Test Server] Spiffospace: Vehicles

EnigmaGrey

3 hours ago, arkahys said:

have you place a white ampoule in ?

Thanks for pointing this out. Unfortunately I tried removing and reinstalling the lightbulb, which works correctly; however nothing happened: still no light. There must be something wrong I'm doing, because if I "right click" on the lamp I don't get the "turn on" or "turn off" contextes. I'll have another try at it tomorrow.

2 minutes ago, numbersixthecat said:

Thanks for pointing this out. Unfortunately I tried removing and reinstalling the lightbulb, which works correctly; however nothing happened: still no light. There must be something wrong I'm doing, because if I "right click" on the lamp I don't get the "turn on" or "turn off" contextes. I'll have another try at it tomorrow.

recently the wall lamps inside my safehouse have turned off and I cant even click them, i'll try taking one down and putting it back up.

the desklamps are all working fine, as are my outside lights, mind you those where there when I got there

Edited by Minnigin

I have that issue with lights on my private server as well. With the power out and generators running at the Sunstar Hotel, a bunch of the pink wall lights seem not to do anything at all anymore, powered or not. Others work for some reason, but after a few ingame months, stopped working and it doesn't give me option to turn on/off or replace lightbulbs. Wasn't sure if it was a bug or some kind of feature I didn't understand.

Wall light switches also disappear if you replace the wall they're on with a player made one, but you can still turn them off/on. The graphic is just stuck behind the wall. Noticed this replacing some burnt out walls from an accidental fire.

Edited by NorthRoad

The server feels more laggy this morning, I had a couple or three zombies teleporting issues, also disappearing ones, and i found the "void" while driving a number of times. During the last week it never happened to me.

Also I tried going back to Muldraugh PD, the horde was much more disperse than a few days back, but still very large. I tried killing a bunch of them with fire (placed campfires around the police car, light the fires and turned on the siren). The horde started burning and the zombies would glitch in and out every minute or so. Most of them would either freeze or disappear completely, and reappear later. They took a long time to die with the fire, more than what I was expecting. However, despite many death, the responsiveness of the server did not seem to increase.

I don't know if this is useful and makes sense, or not, maybe or it's just some ramblings ;)

Best,

Edited by numbersixthecat
More details

1 hour ago, numbersixthecat said:

The server feels more laggy this morning, I had a couple or three zombies teleporting issues, also disappearing ones, and i found the "void" while driving a number of times. During the last week it never happened to me.

Also I tried going back to Muldraugh PD, the horde was much more disperse than a few days back, but still very large. I tried killing a bunch of them with fire (placed campfires around the police car, light the fires and turned on the siren). The horde started burning and the zombies would glitch in and out every minute or so. Most of them would either freeze or disappear completely, and reappear later. They took a long time to die with the fire, more than what I was expecting. However, despite many death, the responsiveness of the server did not seem to increase.

I don't know if this is useful and makes sense, or not, maybe or it's just some ramblings ;)

Best,

somebody do the same to gunshop at westpoint ! I think it's that's why. (not police car, just a left on car)
There is no Z's around my safehouse and the neighborhood, as the car left on in WP center in 35.1. either aggro radius is still a problem or there is an other car left on somewhere else. I'm about 350m from gunstore, i have to patrol to search for hordes, but it seems that's the one to gunshop.

increase fuel and battery consumpt when car is stopped is really necessary !  1 day autonomy is more than enough, and 6/8 h for fuel more realistic

Edited by arkahys

6 hours ago, arkahys said:

increase fuel and battery consumpt when car is stopped is really necessary !  1 day autonomy is more than enough, and 6/8 h for fuel more realistic

This is true, but keep in mind that while batteries discharge quickly, cars don't use a lot of gas when idling.

From my experience, the sirens use lots of energy and on ambulances it is common to have two batteries, but even then you aren't supposed to keep them on for hours with the engine off.

On the other hand, an idling engine can use as little as few liters per hour, so a car left on with a full gas tank could keep idling for a full day...

55 minutes ago, numbersixthecat said:

This is true, but keep in mind that while batteries discharge quickly, cars don't use a lot of gas when idling.

From my experience, the sirens use lots of energy and on ambulances it is common to have two batteries, but even then you aren't supposed to keep them on for hours with the engine off.

On the other hand, an idling engine can use as little as few liters per hour, so a car left on with a full gas tank could keep idling for a full day...

yes, I haven't really try with my car ! :-D

Came across a police car with its sirens on and found this.... My frames dropped to about 5 FPS and after i got away i had a freeze every 15 seconds where my frames would drop to 1 then back to normal, The only way to fix it was to restart the whole game.

image.thumb.jpeg.ff9b03893145ae7a1924a3441833ea84.jpeg

3 hours ago, numbersixthecat said:

It would be cool if the horde would attack such a car, reduce it to a wreck, and then disperse once the show is over :) This could take one or two hours in game, and the situation would then rapidly go back to normal.

this is actually a really good idea/solution, at least for sirens

server not responding...
As usual, i lost my character with : sound of bitten when no zombies arounds....
so i kill 600 Z's of who are around the police car, synchro begin to be laggy at 200, then bitten without nobody around. infected i go kill without stop. next character was evident synchro was terrible, 300 z's less but with zombies who stop, animated forward but static, try to bit at an other place.
yet i went back and forth to let the time to calculate ,etc... i deco/reco many times between rushs, but after 3 attack became laggy. i was thinking it is my PC who lag, but server crash, so it's not client side.
edit :
server is accessible 15 min later.
Re-edit :
finally come back and manage to kill the last Z's around and remove police car from the place...

Edited by arkahys

5 minutes ago, arkahys said:

server not responding...
As usual, i lost my character with : sound of bitten when no zombies arounds....
so i kill 600 Z's of who are around the police car, synchro begin to be laggy at 200, then bitten without nobody around. infected i go kill without stop. next character was evident synchro was terrible, 300 z's less but with zombies who stop, animated forward but static, try to bit at an other place.
yet i went back and forth to let the time to calculate ,etc... i deco/reco many times between rushs, but after 3 attack became laggy. i was thinking it is my PC who lag, but server crash, so it's not client side.
server is accessible 15 min later

Yeah, the server is definitely lagging. I'm feeling it too.

Also, I don't know if you noticed this the last time we both went to the gun shop, but the horde has dispersed ever since I drove my SUV away from there...

The only place that's really problematic is the Police Station in Muldraugh.

yeah, I hide the police car in an isolated corner of my safehouse parking, but .. hoooooo ! they find it forthwith, restart siren without battery in car (and remove all lightbuld) !
my safehouse do is safeplace job, I managed to kill ~1100 Z's today and will try to find an anti griefer for the famous police car.
No server crash. I put textures low and have less zombies freeze problem but I was bitten in the void again with my "hold strong" character.  other was bitten "normaly" (of course they don't HS axe Z's and run +6 ) but need to anticipate attack because reaction are definilty not smooth, 1 time Z's moves normaly, one time they slow and at once, they speed. Don't speak about near acceleration effect, it's all Z's slow and runner who are affected.
Pathfinging of Z's reset often when pass the corner of a car, when entering, exit or do an action (brake accelerate) with car, pass behind a straight wall ( most of them pack behind the wall as they follow me without wall and stop on it).
Corner of straight wall are very bad place for player and Z's : don't display zombies, they don't react, or they react as is there no wall, run on it and slope do them recede
so I think the upade make a delay on car aggro , because, they all stay here around the police car, and sometimes HOP ! they agro again on police car !

If the problem come again,I'll try to do a video of fight, may help you. 

On 10/02/2018 at 12:09 AM, Neutz said:

Came across a police car with its sirens on and found this

I free the police car on muldraugh yesterday, but there was many less zombies around. Is there only one "critical agro siren" in the server to avoid lags ? explain why so few Z's  (only 600) in muldraugh with the police car siren on. and why today more than 1000 Z's in my garden. Neutz if you are not far away from the point you gone, can u return and give statut of this car ?

Edited by arkahys

We're running some tests on Spiffospace this afternoon - so if anyone is around now (or over the next few hours) and wanted to help out, it'd be super-helpful if you jumped online. You don't need to do anything special, just play on the server. Thank you!

Play for a while right now, steal nyala, looks like suspension is a bit too high.

Void appears sometime, but it quickly loads up.

Shop near PD contain huge amounts of zombies but they don't react on my car and horn especially. After awhile they somewhat react on me and right now I lure hoard away from PD, lag increased.

As I understand, the main reason of lag is zombies.

Scratch and bites sometimes work strange, but it better than in earlier builds.

Edited by B33ware