[Vehicles Test Server] Spiffospace: Vehicles

EnigmaGrey

36 minutes ago, Skooma Skeeve said:

Just popped on the server for a bit, wasn't able to find any vehicles in Muldraugh. I tried restarting as a new character but still couldn't find any.

Got it.

Looks like the update somehow flipped vehicleDisable to true. Finally am able to confirm that bug, at least.

Server is now up.

With the most recent update, the resurgence of a few bugs is expected, so please do report them if you see something you previously thought fixed.

For example, you can out-pace the map again (even when your condition is good): 

What we're really interested in is differences between what you see on your screen and what your friend sees:

broken windows

open doors

carpentry objects, such as crates

lights on or off

locked doors

erosion or older map areas when the server should have been reset

Pictures and video would be really handy!

As already reported: window barricades do not appear. Solution A: log out and back in. Barricades appear. Solution B: leave the cell and return. Barricades appear.

Sheet ropes: same as above.

Zombies are moving sluggish and glitchy. Could be a bug in there animation now. No fps drop when this happens.

Another odd thing, looked in window of trailer saw a Z standing at a closed bathroom door, removed glass from window and entered. Z was gone? I walked passed bathroom door, z re-appeared behind me and moved towards the window of entry then turned in opposite direction and approached me. No fps drop when this happened.

Initially i experienced a minor pulsating of the blackness connected to parts of the map your character can't see. It stopped after a couple of minutes of game play.

I'm experiencing a lot more lag playing today on the server than I did yesterday, also periods where everything freezes every 20-30 seconds.

I also had a strange encounter with a green van that had been left on for who knows how long, attracting hundreds if not thousands of zombies. A lot of the zombies were surrounding the vehicle and banging against,  or idly standing there in the horde. Then I noticed hundreds of zombies pouring out from inside the van, as if they were stuck inside of it. I don't know if a van of that size could fit so many zombies.

1 hour ago, Skooma Skeeve said:

I'm experiencing a lot more lag playing today on the server than I did yesterday, also periods where everything freezes every 20-30 seconds.

I also had a strange encounter with a green van that had been left on for who knows how long, attracting hundreds if not thousands of zombies. A lot of the zombies were surrounding the vehicle and banging against,  or idly standing there in the horde. Then I noticed hundreds of zombies pouring out from inside the van, as if they were stuck inside of it. I don't know if a van of that size could fit so many zombies.

Looks like I could see a symptom of this lag when calling Players from the console.

While I'm suspicious it's just the GC finally being called, I took a video of it and the task manager. Will ask the devs what they think. Maybe there's something building up on one of the update() loops, now that we finally have a server that can stay up for a few days.

Server will be back up in a few minutes.

Check this out. Someone left the siren on in a police car. A large number of zombies have surrounded it, effectively making it impossible to turn it off. 

Not sure if this is a bug, but it's problematic because the sound of the siren gets annoying.

Also, if you die while hearing the police siren, you will continue to hear it constantly at the same volume, wherever you go. A workaround for now is to restart the game.

Pictured are me and arkahys' futile attempts to reduce the number of zeds. Guess the MPD base is no more...

ProjectZomboid64_2018-02-05_17-38-30.thumb.jpg.38a0f2cec5dbe4da9e9f066350b4eb29.jpg

On a side note, what did the blog post mean by "As ever free PZ codes will be available to those who join in"? Will I receive a code that I can give to a friend, who I can recruit to bug test with me? And how do you suggest a picture for the devs to feature on the blog? :-D

Edited by xDodged
add more info

it's part of vandalizing on the server. Somes put many radio around my safehouse, switch on radio in all cars in my safehouse to attract Z's but got them before aggro (and break all windows glasses).
The good point that's not make server lagging as 34
It's not impossible to kill all, but :

• can't use molotov because burning safehouse.
  • can't make effective bomb because no engineer.

So "vandals win" : HAVE TO DEATH to be engineer, craft some bombs and redeath to be what i want. :!: it's very annoying :!:
Every players /classes should have the ability to counter this to make useless attempt to taint what  players do.

1 hour ago, numbersixthecat said:

Another small issue: since this morning, the car I left close to my safehouse has repaired itself ;)

It's a Franklin Valuline if it does matter. Two broken lights reappeared and a few components have had their status return to 100%, where before a few of them were slightly damaged.

I can confirm this, my headlights always fix themselves, ive stopped repairing them and they just reappear. Also sometimes headlights just turn off and dont work til you relog

8 minutes ago, Minnigin said:

I can confirm this, my headlights always fix themselves, ive stopped repairing them and they just reappear. Also sometimes headlights just turn off and dont work til you relog

This 'could' be considered a realism feature instead of a bug... IRL my car does this too, driver side headlight seems to randomly break and fix itself (often after I slam on the hood) :lol:

3 minutes ago, Fenris_Wolf said:

This 'could' be considered a realism feature instead of a bug... IRL my car does this too, driver side headlight seems to randomly break and fix itself (often after I slam on the hood) :lol:

I hear what your saying but I mean I smashed em to 0% dodging wrecks and hitting trees lol

my windshield is at like 12% now, still need 2 mechanic skill to properly fix it

Edited by Minnigin

Also a few notes, unrelated to vehicled but worth mentioning:

1) In my claimed safehouse, heavily modified, barricaded, with furniture moved etcetera: I still get item respawn inside the furniture. I also removed some metal shelves in the neighborhood and placed them in my safehouse; later I went away and they started spawning things too.

2) [More of a question] I scavenged some lights for exterior lighting ("antique lamps"), and with "electricity" skill to "2" I could remove them, and reinstall them on the exterior walls of my safehouse. However they wouldn't light up (despite the building having electricity). Am I doing something wrong?

3) [More of an annoyance] Doorframes and player built doors cannot be plastered (yet).

4) I had one instance of a teleporting zombie that bit me, but it happened only once (and it was alone). Can't really say how this happens or when it triggers. I swear the zombie wasn't there just a second before it bit me.

20 minutes ago, numbersixthecat said:

2) [More of a question] I scavenged some lights for exterior lighting ("antique lamps"), and with "electricity" skill to "2" I could remove them, and reinstall them on the exterior walls of my safehouse. However they wouldn't light up (despite the building having electricity). Am I doing something wrong?

have you place a white ampoule in ?

Edited by arkahys