[Vehicles Test Server] Spiffospace: Vehicles

EnigmaGrey

1 minute ago, numbersixthecat said:

Still playing around in south Muldraugh, using the safehouse at ~11060x10640.

Today I was alone on the server, for a while, but still experienced sync issues.

Stuff I placed in containers yesterday were not there anymore. Also I placed a lamp on a table, and by the time I exited, and come back in (about 5 minutes irl) the lamp was gone. Also the shelves on the wall appear to be respawning books every time I check them, I have created half a library from scratch due to this :-D

Anyways, I was always alone on the server, so it is not a server overload issue, I think.

About the house itself, apparently the south facing windows are installed "inside out" where I can put a sheet only from the outside. This would explain what I observed yesterday.

Hope this is of any help. Cheers,

It does. There should be a patch that addresses the issues both @arkahys and yourself have found (or at least gets us one step closer to solving them) soon.

1 hour ago, numbersixthecat said:

Also the shelves on the wall appear to be respawning books every time I check them,

when you look at the shelve, select roof (container), then reselect shelve.
respawning stop ?

Edited by arkahys
oops... don't see an answer

no, many bug against me.. and some for me ..
Rope disappear : i can't enter my safehouse, but a bug do disappear a wood wall, so i can use this to reenter, without search a mace during a long time..
I think car bug too and go down (coords was exactly my living room).
For information car was inclined on the roof (I understand what you said after i saw the car when i go to first floor, cars are in alpha but visible trought wall ).
So if a ramp exist, the car will follow the ramp curve....

Can you know the state (engine on/off and radio on/off ) of the car at 11670 x 6914
because hordes are still attracted and don't know why.

• All ropes disappear and can't put an other at any windows....
Edited by arkahys

server down :-(

I have got 6 car (may two egine on ) around my safehouse and about 100 Z's.... it's a good hard test server .. lol

can't add an auto relaunch command ?
a ping server 127.0.0.1 each minut....

Edited by arkahys

server down .
I think it is car left engine on in center of West point. It attract every zombies on 2 blocks...
It is unplayable in center of West Point. there is about 300 Z's around this car.
infected my player by Z's who attack in the void at 20m from me, I think was my position for the server  !
position of the car

The same thing i do in front of my house, but there, nobody to shutoff the car, and many more Z's to attract around

Edited by arkahys

40 minutes ago, arkahys said:

server down .
I think it is car left engine on in center of West point. It attract every zombies on 2 blocks...
It is unplayable in center of West Point. there is about 300 Z's around this car.
infected my player by Z's who attack in the void at 20m from me, I think was my position for the server  !
position of the car

The same thing i do in front of my house, but there, nobody to shutoff the car, and many more Z's to attract around

You've got to stop moving large stacks of items (presumably). It crashes the server.

ohhh... I'm very interresting of my personnaly logs to avoid error who will be corrected and errors don't seen.
i do the best to prevent container problem  to avoid any error on server , honestly i use this problem only for 2first lvl of electricity 3 days ago, and my trick to click to floor to avoid problem is already becoming a freak (even in SP I clik on floor !! <_< )
Since yestredray i can't really move something in my container because they don't appear !
I'm in a great safehouse with many container, foods, medics, but have to go to houses around to eat. 
but i know 40 batteries i remove from a container today.
I explain my actions to help, but :
in my opinion, the moment where server crash is no in relation with large stack (for the lasts ) !
The last crash (and is the reason of the message : server down 5 minutes after the last "not responding server") I connect infected, striped, i have no item on me only 3 bandages,3 antibiotics, 1 chocolate and confined in my room (it's my process), waiting to veryfing the "not feeling well'. And I die... but my charachter stay standing, so, server crach again. i do anything, I was IRL smoking and watching the screen !

Been playing on the test server for a little while now and have noticed a few things.  

1. Like Jere said driving on/over train tracks  looks like the tracks are over the trunk/going through the front/middle of the vehicle.

2. not sure if vehicle build related but after upgrading walls next to stairs they kind of merge together.

3. there is an invisible object in the road around 11858 x 9304

4. Possibly related to the train track issue the player disappears when walking by the vehicle near the trunk.

5. another one I'm not sure if its related to vehicle build but logs and planks (at least they're the only ones i noticed) will give extra. it will say 2 logs on the ground but when i saw them into planks it will saw 3 logs.  when transferring planks it will give me 1-5 extra planks sometimes.

6. rpm display doesn't seem to work properly, in the van from the pics it only shows up to 1.5 rpm,  drove a couple of cars and it never went over 3.

7. the lock trunk button(when your in drivers seat) doesn't seem to work on all the vehicles.  I had a car it worked with but in the white van it doesn't.

driving vehicles feel weird. not sure how to describe it properly, but they feel really heavy/sluggish going forward/backwards.  going left/right feels really light/loose, but that might be because of how weighted they feel going forward..

also westpoint really lags, i was getting 8 fps when trying to enter from 12178x6900 ( right side of westpoint by the train tracks)  however everywhere else I've been so far I'm getting 30-50 fps.

screenshot_30-01-2018_16-07-14.png

screenshot_30-01-2018_15-27-37.png

screenshot_30-01-2018_15-52-41 (2).png

screenshot_30-01-2018_15-51-25.png

11 hours ago, thejoker954 said:

5. another one I'm not sure if its related to vehicle build but logs and planks (at least they're the only ones i noticed) will give extra. it will say 2 logs on the ground but when i saw them into planks it will saw 3 logs.  when transferring planks it will give me 1-5 extra planks sometimes.

i don't had this problem... with about 150 planks cut.

11 hours ago, thejoker954 said:

also westpoint really lags, i was getting 8 fps when trying to enter from 12178x6900 ( right side of westpoint by the train tracks)  however everywhere else I've been so far I'm getting 30-50 fps.

lag is due to that : 

Hello again,

I've been playing around on the server, yesterday and today.

I can confirm a few observations, namely that picking stuff from the floor and putting them into equipped bags results in some duplication. Specifically, I had two bags equipped (large hiking on the back, normal hiking on secondary), and picking up logs from cut down trees. When picking up logs and putting in the secondary bag, they would duplicate. But they would not when put in the primary bag or in the main inventory.

Also I experienced a few large (long lasting) desyncs, in which I had build a few walls around, and when i reconnected later, everything was gone.

At some point also zombies and cars (maybe because they are 3d?) completely disappeared from the map. I tried logging of and back in but this didn't solve, and then I had to leave for irl issues. This morning every car I can remember reappeared where it went missing, so it was a desync between my game and the server.

If this can help anyone, I think a quick check can be if you try and remove some grass from the ground. I noticed that if I do this, but the grass doesn't go away, I'm desynced. Otherwise it works fine as in SP games.

Best regards and happy zed and bug squashing,

* Can't pick up keys from cars spawned with /addvehicle

* Can't remove loot once it's placed in a car

* Can't loot a corpse

* Can't pick up items from a ground tile, if they're in a bag

* It may take several attempts to pick up an item from a container such as a counter or a fridge

Server console may show this error: ERROR sendItemsToContainer invalid object index

* Rapidly transferring items back and forth between a container may cause the container itself to disappear, focus shifting to another container. Either the items being transferred will vanish, or they may appear in the other container.

Client console may show this error: ERROR sendItemsToContainer invalid object index

* Error with packet of type: 164
java.lang.NegativeArraySizeException
        at zombie.iso.ObjectsSyncRequests.receiveGridSquareObjectHashes(ObjectsSyncRequests.java:361)
        at zombie.network.GameClient.SyncObjectsReq(GameClient.java:4096)
        at zombie.network.GameClient.mainLoopDealWithNetData(GameClient.java:711)
        at zombie.network.GameClient.update(GameClient.java:295)
        at zombie.GameWindow.logic(GameWindow.java:594)
        at zombie.GameWindow.run(GameWindow.java:1286)
        at zombie.GameWindow.maina(GameWindow.java:1062)
        at zombie.gameStates.MainScreenState.main(MainScreenState.java:185)

appears when moving large stacks (1000 - 10000 nails) in this case back and forth between a container. This happens client-side and doesn't crash the server. The server console prints this error: ERROR sendItemsToContainer invalid object index

* TVs are on despite power being off

* TVs cannot be shut off

I've just spent few hours on the server. First of all I must say I'm surprised how playable it is already ! Anyways... I ran into few issues. Shaders and vehicles kinda don't go well together. At night, cars are pitchblack and everything that moves in front of them is also pitchblack... Kind of a graphical glitch. Also I couldn't loot corpses same as some other people. I will continue my reports throughout my testing

I've chosen to reset the map. Not having to context with the darkness, erosion, and all the spent cars should make it a bit easier for new people to join us on the server. 

New car models will also spawn.

Sorry for the inconvenience, everyone. I'm hoping that we'll be guaranteed at least a good week with the new map, though! 

Just a quick headsup after half an hour on the new instance of the server.

1) The map apparently reset only the wilderness area. The small outpost I was building outside Muldraugh has been reverted to the initial conditions, however the urban area in south Muldraugh was not reset at all, except for the zombies that have respawned everywhere (also in barricaded locations).

2) On the other hand, lots of cars have disappeared, but removed pieces abound all around the areas where mechanical tinkering was performed.

3) It is impossible to loot from dead zombies, other containers work just fine. However, sometimes the transfer fails and the objects disappear (i was grabbing a sledgehammer for self-defense but as the transfer completed it disappeared completely).

4) Zombie interaction and combat feels rather strange, zed appearing and moving strangely. I was just bitten by a teleporting zed that was at least one square away; I hit one zed and for some reason it flew backwards at least 7-8 squares. With the previous instance of the server I never had this feeling nor issues, so it might be something worth investigating. Unfortunately I can't be more precise than this.

I've run out of spare time for now, so I wish you the best luck for your bughunt... :)

35.1 :

• structurs and content of container seems to be reinitialized, but not : genrator placed, zombis corpses, outdoor ground loots. only find an human made balcony at WP school.
  • can't remove broken glasses...
  • not see any car ! but saw ground looted parts

waiting for 35.2 (or more) update

Edited by arkahys