[Vehicles Test Server] Spiffospace: Vehicles

EnigmaGrey

2 hours ago, Jere said:

I had another round. I noticed that the TVs that I tried to turn off would say I need a nearby power source, so I had to mute it rather than shut it off. Although radios turned off fine. 

One thing I guess I'll have to look into more is gaining xp in mechanics. I removed a few batteries, tires, breaks and things and swapped out a few cars parts but I didn't gain a single xp, I even had mechanics for intermediates read. Then when I fixed up a taxi I had a key for, making it's parts at about 70% and it had about 24% fuel, I still had ignition failure. Perhaps I'm missing something but I haven't been able to get a vehicle working yet.

Excited for the restart and revamped server settings, perfect before the weekend too.

Try pressing v, then use the redial dial for ignition start, if it doesn't work, take out key and put back in then try again using v and redial start engine option. That solves the problem for me.

I also found that digital watches are very rare as zombie loot.

And cooking pots don't refill with rain most of the time, sometimes yes, most times no.

Edited by JayM

Map reset.

New settings are . . .

10x exp modifier

EasyVehicles enabled with high quality / gas

1 hour days

Darker nights

12 hours (in-game) for loot respawn.

Ultrablood

Also added a mod that displays your coordinates. If you find problem buildings, it'd be very helpful to have screenshots / videos of them, along with a description.

Video of lag / desync would also be very helpful. :)

17 hours ago, JayM said:

Try pressing v, then use the redial dial for ignition start, if it doesn't work, take out key and put back in then try again using v and redial start engine option. That solves the problem for me.

I also found that digital watches are very rare as zombie loot.

And cooking pots don't refill with rain most of the time, sometimes yes, most times no.

Great, I'll try that. I appreciate it!

Calling it. 39.32 isn't viable for a server. It keeps crashing after, apparently, someone strikes a zombie with their car.

If you were on the server and doing something the few times it crashed (that didn't involve transferring objects to other containers), please let us know what was going on.  We're at a bit of a loss as to the cause, right at the moment, but we know from the stacktrace it involves the physics library.

The server will be put back if we need more data or if a patch is issued. Thanks everyone, and sorry for the downtime. :)

I just picked up two guys at Muldraugh tavern and went north for the main road. Server seems to have crashed when we reached it.

Before I was going back and forth between the gas station and the warehouse mowing through hordes. after two cycles the game started stuttering gradually until it crashed.

Too bad the zombie kills don't count in a vehicle (yet?). Must have been hundreds in ten minutes! :-D

Edited by catn1p

Yeah you can swap out batteries for fresh ones, which can be found in other cars and in mechanic shops pretty commonly. I don't believe there is a way to charge them yet.

Hopefully they will be able to work out whatever was causing the server to crash, even with the various minor flaws 'twas a lot of fun playing with vehicles. Hyped for the next patch!

First of all, really like this game. And i want to ask. Some times ago you add the Vechile test branch thats lags as hell, i dont mean fps or car issue, im about the loot system and etc. And now you add a mod in it. I was like "Yay! They solved the problem!" But no. You guys just add POS mod (Why?! We alredy have GPS mode that way better) and server still lags. Just wondering, are this a Vechile test or just stress test? I believe in you, you can better.

41 minutes ago, Anerhad said:

First of all, really like this game. And i want to ask. Some times ago you add the Vechile test branch thats lags as hell, i dont mean fps or car issue, im about the loot system and etc. And now you add a mod in it. I was like "Yay! They solved the problem!" But no. You guys just add POS mod (Why?! We alredy have GPS mode that way better) and server still lags. Just wondering, are this a Vechile test or just stress test? I believe in you, you can better.

The server is located in Canada. That  should give you some idea of why you experience lag.

I only need  a mod that displays the coordinates on screen. It needs to be simple so that we can ensure it doesn't interfere with the game.

It's a server for testing vehicles.

46 minutes ago, EnigmaGrey said:

The server is located in Canada. That  should give you some idea of why you experience lag.

I only need  a mod that displays the coordinates on screen. It needs to be simple so that we can ensure it doesn't interfere with the game.

It's a server for testing vehicles.

I dont say about ping, its fine for me. Did you play it? If you loot something you got endless item. You can loot it over and over, fine for me. But some containers cant be loot at all. Thats bug i talked about. Or you cant take something from fridge in Canada? =)

Edited by Anerhad

15 minutes ago, Anerhad said:

I dont say about ping, its fine for me. Did you play it? If you loot something you got endless item. You can loot it over and over, fine for me. But some containers cant be loot at all. Thats bug i talked about. Or you cant take something from fridge in Canada? =)

Do you play as Gercek?

One of the vehicles at Rusty Rifle tavern muldraugh is ticking over engine on sound but i've checked all them and no engines are on.

P.S. it would be nice if we could pickout a vehicle which has engine running from a group of cars, perhaps an exhaust smoke could be added in the future?

Edit: ok i discovered the vehicle, it was a car on the nearby road that was running, but the sound travelled alot and i thought it was coming from the rusty rifle car park.

Edited by JayM

Hunger and thirst don't seem to be happening!

I've been online in game time for around 5 hours, no hunger or thirst moodles, water bottle is still full.

Edit: Hunger moodle just appeared.

Edit: Thirst has appeared too. 

No problems with looting so far.

Edited by JayM

I'm in Rusty Rifle Tavern. Windows are barricaded. The door isn't and a zombie just spawned in here.

If i barricade the door will this stop further zombie spawns inside the tavern?

Just to be safe i'll do so now.

24 minutes ago, JayM said:

I'm in Rusty Rifle Tavern. Windows are barricaded. The door isn't and a zombie just spawned in here.

If i barricade the door will this stop further zombie spawns inside the tavern?

Just to be safe i'll do so now.

There was a bug in which zeds could pass through doors/windows that appear solid - I'm unsure if it's fixed yet. Was it definitely a spawn?

1 minute ago, Batsphinx said:

There was a bug in which zeds could pass through doors/windows that appear solid - I'm unsure if it's fixed yet. Was it definitely a spawn?

Its possible it was hiding in a bathroom undetected but its unlikely.

In this case it couldn't have used the front door as the front area is blocked by vehicles and z's can't get through. The front door remains intact after multiple checks.

The windows are also barricaded on both sides.

I noticed something occurs when looting sometimes.

For example: went to loot 6 shotgun shells, only 2 transferred, tried again, 3 transferred leaving 1 then i had to transfer the last shell seperately.

Happened with 9mm bullets too.

Edited by JayM

I just drove a car up the main road in Muldraugh.

Hordes of zombies, car performance was better than previous days on the server.

Still some fps drops but not as bad. Remained above 20fps most of the time.

There is a large ocassional spike drop when driving even when there is no z's around, dropped to 4fps, unsure why.

It appears server went down on my return trip down the road. I tried to avoid zombies but still collided with a handful. Then the server went down.

P.S. i did note a over-turned taxi on the northern part of main Muldraugh road and it appears to be floating above the ground surface. I intended to note the co-ordinates on a return trip but the server crashed.

Edited by JayM