[Vehicles Test Server] Spiffospace: Vehicles

EnigmaGrey

O2px424.jpg?1

Community Bug Hunt: MP Edition

The time has come to shake down vehicles MP! Post feedback, videos, and screenshots of bugs and other annoying issues on the server in this thread and help us track 'em down. :)

Just find it on the server list and join up.

image.png

Note: If you don't have the vehicle build, get it here.

Not for the weary

The vehicles build may still be unstable. There will almost certainly be crashes / lag issues that we'll need to sort over the coming weeks, so some patience is required. Though we'll try to keep the server up as long as possible and avoid resets or the loss of player data, it may happen. 

Settings

Bog-standard survival, aside from loot respawn, three hour days, and gas consumption set to 0.5. Power/water outage happens after 45 days.

Mods

POS - just disables the coordinates on upper let hand corner of the screen, for debug purposes. If you find an error with the map or a specific building, be sure to include the coordinates!

Rule(s)

Forum rules apply, principle rule being "Be Lovely."

The admin staff reserves the right to remove access for anyone that violates this core principle.

2 minutes ago, Batsphinx said:

Yeah, we're aware that player-made ceilings are still funky. It's on ChrisW's list.

Existing structures should be better though.

Any ETA on this? I have noticed that vanilla map buildings are functioning much better in terms of the vanishing... mod maps not as much but thats a whole other beast and not exactly your guy's thing to deal with. 

50 minutes ago, Batsphinx said:

RingoD's going to write a guide about the map mod thing.

I'm not sure when we have ChrisW this week to fix the player-made floor thing, although we do know what causes it I believe. I'll find out.

Thanks. This has but a huge hold on us building and rolling out the next lore for our community but if we can get a timeline, then we can decide on if we need to wait or just roll out the next lore on the main branch. 

It won't be before the end of this week I'm afraid, so I'd do the next lore on the main branch if I were you. I think ChrisW is elsewhere for the next few days at least, and even after the fix with an unstable branch there's no guarantee that something else won't to crop up and get in your way while the timeline is ongoing.

Really awesome job with the vehicles, playing on the server and jamming down the highways past zombies is very stable now. The rate at which time passes is pretty fast on the server though, I kept having to eat something every minute even without hearty appetite. Also one small thing I've noticed pertaining to the vehicle horn, if the driver of a vehicle presses 'h' key while typing in global or local chat, it will cause the vehicle's horn to sound off until the driver presses 'h' again. 

Awesome!  Love to play on this server more.

I don't know if I'm spoiled from other MP servers and/or my own but it felt like hunger came on a fair bit faster than usual. (I didn't find a watch so I'm not entirely sure). 

I noticed sometimes when I'd loot an item that if I went back to that container, it would reappear. So I accidentally duped a hunting knife and an axe I believe.

I'd suggest a few small tweaks to the server settings, but it was great fun and I plan to play on it again! Thanks!

I played for a few hours. 

The performance was good generally.

I was in a car once (passenger) there was some minor warping and stutter but still very playable.

I'd suggest changing some of the server settings though: remove sleep and change food to common. The time moves so fast i had to sleep alot and most of my time was devoted to finding food to stop starvation.

Found a few bugs , sometimes duping would occur (not sure why or how), some containers would appear twice, some tv's wouldn't turn off and didnt have the visual sound display, a zombie on balcony of the rusty rifle tavern (fell off and scared the life out of me lol).

I didn't find any car keys and most of the cars i investigated were not operable.

Overall, still fun to play but changing those server settings would help alot.

In the denser urban areas with large zombie population (downtown West Point, March Ridge, the north mall), stuttering occurs for me frequently while driving. Sometimes while I'm driving and it freezes for half a second, I'll take damage as if the server detected me crashing into something during the stutter. It also appears that the vehicle takes damage too, despite not visibly ramming into anything.

Zombies spawning on roof above gas pumps at west Muldraugh gas station.

I couldn't break the windows of the bookshop west Muldraugh, tried with baseball bat and screwdriver, no response.

I removed and replaced  a tire, didn't receive any xp?

I've removed numerous vehicle parts and installed replacements, no xp yet. I've read the beginners book too and the 2 mags.

Edited by JayM

I bring a couple of failures.

1. High-speed impact against zombie (female) paralyzed the game.
2. at high speed, if the refreshment of the map is slow, the car hits the limit of the map, creating damage to the car and the character.

good job.

Issues regarding doors/barricades. The door appeared solid and wouldn't open, so i opened window and entered. Then 2 zombies passed through the door and attacked. Then the door showed it was broken.

Window barricade showed intact couldn't enter, but zombies could, then window barricade disappeared.

Chose Mechanic character, spawned with no mechanic equipment, jack etc.

I think its to difficult to find working cars at the moment, and with the problem of little or no mechanic xp from repairs i don't see how it can be achieved.

I'm gonna awaiting changes to server settings and bug update since its not fun at the moment.

P.S. ok you can only get xp from repair once in 24hours according to a Dev post in earlier vehicles thread. I wish this wasn't the case! It makes leveling mechanic xp a torture.

Edited by JayM

Keys will sometimes disappear for vehicles too, I've experienced this at least 5 times now. It usually happens after I try and take them out of a vehicle's ignition, instead of appearing in my inventory they are vanished. Also if I try to give another player my keys, they often don't show up on the visible on the ground for the other player to take.

In the next server settings change please consider slowing down time progression a bit.

Its difficult to get anything done at the moment.

Noticed that campfires sometimes keep burning beyond the normal time of fuel used and don't offer the ability to put them out until u add more fuel.

Cars and ignition can be buggy. Sometimes no response from ignition then i take the key out and try again and works using redial car start.

I had another round. I noticed that the TVs that I tried to turn off would say I need a nearby power source, so I had to mute it rather than shut it off. Although radios turned off fine. 

One thing I guess I'll have to look into more is gaining xp in mechanics. I removed a few batteries, tires, breaks and things and swapped out a few cars parts but I didn't gain a single xp, I even had mechanics for intermediates read. Then when I fixed up a taxi I had a key for, making it's parts at about 70% and it had about 24% fuel, I still had ignition failure. Perhaps I'm missing something but I haven't been able to get a vehicle working yet.

Excited for the restart and revamped server settings, perfect before the weekend too.