Job Specific Items

Rockenbach

(Note that I already made this suggestion on mod ideas section)

It's simple. Characters would spawn in with job-specific items.

By example, if your character is a police officer, it's most likely that he would spawn in with a pistol, or have one in his household, and along with the keys for the police station's gun storage.

Of course, many jobs would need some serious nerfing (Woodcutter), but it would be sensible to have them spawn in with something that fits their job.

I don't think we'll do this exactly, but mainly as it'll be more fun to have zombies spawning with job-specific items in relevant areas of the map - once the anims build is out.  If you want an axe, find a woodcutter zombie out at McCoy Logging etc

With this said, after the long-heralded anims build, I do want to implement 'character spawns' in which you can choose to play as a particular character, with a particular home and particular belongings. These would include Kate and Baldspot, and could also then be entwined with other game systems later down the line. 

Personally I think this is probably best handled by mods like the old Professions mod.  While I personally like spawning with occupation specific items (I usually play veteran or police for the aiming/reloading), such a thing can probably upset the balance.  As well as the items/location would entirely be dependent on when your spawning.  If the outbreak has already begun (ie: joining a server late, or playing 6 months after) its highly unlikely you would still have your original items, or still be in your own home/place of business.

23 hours ago, Tails said:

it would be nice to start off with the uniform and the  equipment that you use depending on the occupation and maybe start off at the business that the survivor works for.

It can sometimes happen to where you spawn at your place of business, I often spawn at a restaurant or fast food joint whenever I use the chef or fast food cook.