PZ crashs with full screen mode

ProAxel33

Question

Hi everyone !

I bought PZ yesterday and the game was in windowed mode, so i chnaged that option to full screen mode but now, when I launch the game It crashs ...

So I would like to set back the windowed mode but I don't know how to do that without an access to the game menu (because PZ crashs everytime :? ).

Do someone know how to set back windowed mode in PZ's files or something else, without an access to the game ?

1 answer to this question

Hey ProAxel, so sorry for the late reply, I've been out of town all week for the holidays and hate I didn't get a chance to answer earlier ):

You can go to C:/Users/YourUserName/Zomboid and delete that whole zomboid folder, which will toss all the game data (it'll be built back on restart). You'll lose your saves but it'll fix the screen resolution. If you want to keep your save files and still fix the issue I can guide you through but it takes a bit longer, so just let me know.

What happened is the screen resolution you set for fullscreen wasn't a size your computer was capable of, and that makes it crash. Hopefully in the future we'll be able to manage this better and have it reset on its own or something. Sorry for the inconvenience and thanks for playing PZ!

Archived