Zombies spawning in base?

Blyatman

So I decided to load up my old save from build 35 or 36 and once it converted it to the current build I got a nasty surprise. Pretty much every house including my own has zombies spawned inside of it. Curious thing is there are none spawned on the street, they all seem to spawn in buildings. Now this wouldn't be a problem if I hadn't cleared 99% of the buildings in Muldraugh including my base which is a huge suburban area surrounded by a fence on all sides. It kind of makes all the work I put into clearing the town out be for nothing. I am playing on sandbox with zombie respawn set to 0 and I have never had zombies respawn anywhere if I don't visit for a while. Also I thought zombies don't respawn near areas the player has build in? I tried to paste the old save in the folder so it converts it multiple times but every damn time zombies spawn in houses. Why is this happening and how can I fix it?

Same thing happened to me, I had everything barricaded and zombies spawned inside the building I was using. I read once that you need to barricade 'outside' but that's BS for me because then what's the point of barricading windows and doors if zombies will randomly spawn INSIDE your base? :/ 

On 26.12.2017 г. at 7:36 PM, Veromaye said:

Same thing happened to me, I had everything barricaded and zombies spawned inside the building I was using. I read once that you need to barricade 'outside' but that's BS for me because then what's the point of barricading windows and doors if zombies will randomly spawn INSIDE your base? :/ 

Yeah seems like the thing about zombies not spawning around player build structures or in the area you are in obviously doesn't work. When I saved my game my character was in the yard right next to the house and now when it converts the save zombies end up spawning like 10 feet from me inside the house. I complained about this and some other bugs the day build 38 got released and got zero attention. Now that I came back I assumed those things would have been fixed but they aren't. I made 2 posts about it on reddit and two posts about it here and no one seems to have an answer? Really?

I am not sure, but can this be related to using an old save. The devs try there best to make everything save game compatible but a lot has changed between Build 35 and Build 38 which also affected zombie spawning. So far I only had one issue with zombies spawning inside my base (in the yard) in Build 33 and never experienced any problems after that.

On 27.12.2017 г. at 9:55 PM, ChatNoir said:

I am not sure, but can this be related to using an old save. The devs try there best to make everything save game compatible but a lot has changed between Build 35 and Build 38 which also affected zombie spawning. So far I only had one issue with zombies spawning inside my base (in the yard) in Build 33 and never experienced any problems after that.

Yeah I know the devs try hard to make sure stuff like this doesn't happen and I am thankful for it but it's still odd to me why zombies spawned at all considering I have respawn set to 0. Still kind of annoyed that they ignored my initial complaint on the build 38 release page but whatever, such is life I guess.

This was a switch over to build 38 issue.  When the devs implemented the zombies with dirty/bloody clothes, they had to "create" that population; all the zombies that you may have killed prior to build 38, you'll notice, have perfectly fine garments.  All the zombies you're killing now will have dirty/bloody garments.  Same thing that happened to you happened to my base when it switched from 37 to 38; fortunately it wasn't in the same room as me, but I almost died when I got swarmed on my bases 2nd floor.  Now, I have zombie respawn on, so I always expect to find new zombies when I enter previously explored and open buildings.

23 hours ago, JM_Forest_64 said:

This was a switch over to build 38 issue.  When the devs implemented the zombies with dirty/bloody clothes, they had to "create" that population; all the zombies that you may have killed prior to build 38, you'll notice, have perfectly fine garments.  All the zombies you're killing now will have dirty/bloody garments.  Same thing that happened to you happened to my base when it switched from 37 to 38; fortunately it wasn't in the same room as me, but I almost died when I got swarmed on my bases 2nd floor.  Now, I have zombie respawn on, so I always expect to find new zombies when I enter previously explored and open buildings.

Now as in you made it so that they respawn or the save conversion made it so that they start respawning?

18 hours ago, Blyatman said:

Now as in you made it so that they respawn or the save conversion made it so that they start respawning?

I set my world to have respawning zombies at the beginning of my current run.  Honestly, I don't know if the conversion changed your sandbox defaults, and it would take a lot of resources for you to find out.  If you cleared out a large area with limited access, like the train yard or race track, then closed it off with a wall, leaving a one-tile gap in the wall, left it for 48 hrs, then go back, if there are zombies all over the place again, then your respawn setting is back to default.  If there's no zombies or just one-two zombies, then respawn is still set to off.  Does this sound like a good time?  Not to me, I would just live with not knowing if zombies are respawning or not.  

Archived