Current Vehicles Build Issues

Bumble

Question

Alright, to preface, I fully understand it's still WIP, I know the devs are working hard on smoothing out everything to make it enjoyable, and I love the game to bits despite the crawl.

Im just struggling with actually running the vehicles build in any capacity. 

I've seen streams & spoke to other owners of the game, some playing the game on a work laptop who dont experience FPS issues nearly as much as I'm seeing them. I'm talking 30 fps from the start, getting anywhere near a vehicle causing the game to dip down to 20, and trying to drive them makes the game unplayable, and eventually crashes.

Not to sound aloof, but I have a decent desktop gaming setup, and have no problem maxing out the vanilla experience. I really, really want to play around with the vehicles, but by god I can't, so here I am.

How do I remedy this?

9 answers to this question

I'd advise just waiting until' the vehicles are polished. My friend and I are experiencing the same issue, there seems to be a noticeable dip in the stability in the game; this is mostly when we're near vehicles. Although I'm not sure if it's because of the vehicle system itself, or because they've planted vehicles abundantly around the map, not to mention a lot of car wreckages. Personally, I think you'd be better off returning to the stable build or keeping away from the game until' they finally manage to optimise the vehicle build.

EDITED: In the same vehicle build, I unticked the "experimental vehicles" option and it appears I'm still experiencing stutters?

On 26/12/2017 at 3:50 PM, 24 Weeks later said:

I'd advise just waiting until' the vehicles are polished.

Well, yes and no - as without stuff like this being reported they're not going to get fixed.

On 26/12/2017 at 4:46 AM, Bumble said:

causing the game to dip down to 20, and trying to drive them makes the game unplayable, and eventually crashes.

Could we get some details on what game mode you're playing, the set-up you're running it on, whether you tend to play with a max-zoom, your resolution etc?

Although the Vehicles build still requires more optimization and TLC in a few areas, it's generally in a lot better nick than it was previously - to the extent that this sounds like something being wrong, buggy or memory leak-y somewhere, as opposed to just it being a bit WIP.

Likewise, if the game provides a crash log on the crash - could you post it up here?

Mhm, sure. Let's see.

I've tried it with and without the Survivors! mod, no change. For that matter, if I try it with all my mods (Hydrocraft, ORGM, Survivors!, etc.) or just vanilla, the result is the same.

I'm using an AMD Rx 580 with an older AMD FX 6300 CPU, 8GB ram. 1920x1080p. Uhh, Max-zoom? 

There isn't a crash log, at least not anywhere I've found. The game will freeze up at a certain point, maybe 15-20 minutes after I'd started driving a car, and will then just close. No error's thrown up or anything.

Like I said, most other people I've talked to have had little to no problems mirroring mine with the Test Build.

I know you probably don't want to hear this, but I would *highly* recommend testing without any mods installed at all. Testing with mods installed (even if they're not necessarily enabled) can cause issues for the game, especially in testing branches where the mods aren't up to date.

If it's crashing, run the game until it crashes and then go to C:/Users/YourUserName/Zomboid and get us the console.txt (before relaunching the game again or it'll make a new one). You can paste it here, or probably better put it on pastebin and put the link to it in this thread. We'll have a look at what's going on. Thanks for the ongoing help!

In reply for 

Intel i7 6700K
GTX 1070

16 GB RAM

Installed on SSD
Windows 10 Latest updates

No mods

Yes with vehicles only (since early vehicles builds)

I did reinstall the game (didnt help)

Stuttering for half a second each 2-3 seconds, playing more than 5 minutes makes it for a 1-2 seconds every second.

Tried allocating 4-8 GB of ram in server settings
No AV software installed

Nothing runs in a background (except for Chrome)

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.47047058085f0816b6b98c06a025bbfb.pngimage.thumb.png.2c8104df50ffef6406a81d6d644b78aa.png

I'm experiencing similar issues with vehicle build, i get a freeze (2-3 sec) every 5-8 sec on normal zoom, and pretty much every second on the widest zoom. When in a car it gets entirely unplayable, as the game freezes every 2 or 3 frames, until it freezes totally and crashes.

My specs:

Mac Pro mid 2012

2 x 2,4 GHz 6-Core Intel Xeon

ATI Radeon 5770 HD 1024mo

12 Go 1333 MHz DDR3

Archived