Randomly Generated "Safe Zones"

Lightning Flash

We all know that in many games/shows like The Last of Us or The Walking Dead how there are safe zones with survivors in them, doing what they can to keep order in check.

Question: Will there be safe zones planned for PZ? If so, will they be randomly generated whenever you start up a new game?

Statement: I love safe zones. Why? Because there are so many opportunities to make dick moves and get everyone killed.

But on the topic with the main question: Are randomized safe zones planned in the future?

We all know that in many games/shows like The Last of Us or The Walking Dead how there are safe zones with survivors in them, doing what they can to keep order in check.

Question: Will there be safe zones planned for PZ? If so, will they be randomly generated whenever you start up a new game?

Statement: I love safe zones. Why? Because there are so many opportunities to make dick moves and get everyone killed.

But on the topic with the main question: Are randomized safe zones planned in the future?

Aaaaaaand that's why game generated ones are silly.

There shouldn't be zones of guaranteed safety, part of the fun is the knowledge you can die as soon as you step out the front door. 

part of the fun is the knowledge you can die as soon as you step out the front door

Hell, I'm worried I'm gonna die even before I step out the front door.

Son, that there may indeed look like a simple ol' floor tile; but what you're looking at is a lean mean killing machine. That thing will slip you up and spit you down before you can squeek 'AAAAAAAAAGHHHHHH TILE ATTACK!!!!' to your nearest groanin' moanin' naighbour.

• 2 weeks later...

I quote from the 

APZDTISA II

Military quarantine and clean up operations – Making the quarantine an actual physical thing, with NPC soldiers. Having meta events triggering soldier patrols through town. Putting snipers on helicopters. Things like that.

So maybe something like this will be put into the game!  (clyde)

(Sorry about bumping)

Well, once NPC's are in this could be something to look out for.  I'm not too sure but I think NPC's will fortify an area as a base, perhaps rather than just a building they could seal off a few streets (would take some time for it to become 'safe' and even then it's not ever going to be completely safe).

I'd love to see something like Woodbury from the Walking Dead, but I don't know how limited the NPC's will be on that regard.  However once multiplayer arrives I'm sure we'll see a lot of that.

As GodWaffle said, you're probably never going to see a safe zone as suggested by the op. If a zone is safe, it's because someone is spending blood sweat and tears keeping it that way.

And lets not forget, a lot of NPC's/players in one area will be making plenty of noise so this area likely won't be safe for long.  I wonder if we'll see mega-hordes at some point? As in that 3 or 4 of the big random hordes combine into one, that would be pretty terrifying and would tear through any safe zone you have.

I think that these 'safe zones' would add another level of fun to the game though, if somebody dies on the inside and turns, that could be a problem.

I wonder if NPC 'leaders' will be able to enforce rules in whatever place they call home? As in, no weapons allowed when inside the safe zone? While preventing murder on the inside it will also leave players defenceless if someone turns.

Things like this will be the most interesting to me, maybe the leader has said that no weapons are allowed but you have one hidden? What if he/she finds out? Will they confiscate it or kick you out?

Also sabotaging these safezones would be fun as well, say you've been kicked out, and you decide to bring vengeance back to camp.  Opening an entrance for zombies, attracting a horde in that general direction and watching the place fall, that would be awesome.

-GodWaffle

If you wanna sabotage an enemy safe house, all you'd really need is a single molotov. Throw that sucker through an unsuspecting window and the resulting mayhem will attract a huge amount of attention.

But yeah, if safe zones are gonna be in the game, it's because a group of NPCs came together and worked to carve out their own space in the crapsack world they've been forced to deal with. And I give it equal odds that they'll let you in or shoot you on sight.