More Traits/Perks/Professions?

Blitz

Hello!

If it was to make PZ a little more towards RPG-simulator style wouldn't it be more interesting to add more traits and professions, rather than a more survival 'third person shooter' style.

Well I know that the RPG elements of the game are quite enough and the gameplay makes it a great post-apocalyptic simulation, though I feel adding some more background at the character creation could make each gameplay more unique, instead of cookie-cutter builds and repetitiveness, as permadeath can be a little too harsh and have to start the same game from the begging over and over, while small details can make the difference at each turn.

All in all, I see the that the mein gameplay experience is just survive, adding some roleplay elements wouldn't make the game less fun and interesting at its current state.

I see what you mean but at the time, there are actually a bunch of mods out there that accomplish this. No need right now for the devs imo to make something that already exists in mod form when there are core aspects of the game still missing. 

Now if you want more professions for example, Dubs can actually help you out with that one. That mod adds a bunch of different professions. 

In all honesty I think that once more core features are in we'll be going back over old perks and professions and rebalancing, more than we will be adding new ones. There's a lot that needs smoothening out.

That said after anims we will be introducing specific 'characters' to start and play as - each with a different skillset from existing skills, and each starting at a specific place on the map that isn't often frequented by players. So hopefully that will add a little more roleplay too. 

• 2 months later...

For more RP ideas... I do like this thread. :D Here's a few more ideas!

Good Traits:

• Pyromaniac - gain a mood boost from setting things on fire, be it a cooking fire, building, or corpse pile.

Bad Traits:

• Albino - when outdoors during the day, you burn heavily. You take damage over time, similar to how you take damage from having a generator on while indoors. You suffer blindness from bright sunlight without sunglasses or other eye protection. Less/no damage on dark, stormy days.
  • Squeamish - when around zombie corpses, you become distracted and grossed out. Take a mood penalty when near too many corpses and/or bloodstains. Take a major mood hit from using melee weapons to hit zombies and from carrying corpses.