I had this idea for an RTS game, actually I have 2 game ideas I have, and a total of 8 game ideas that I want to make, tough though. I can't.

But my current idea so far is a 1970 apocalyptic RTS with campaign and multiplayer stuff. So all my ideas for the game, i'll write down. If anyone wants to tell me what they think, go right ahead.

Factions,

1. (NOT NAMED YET) A large militia like group that prepared and formed just months before the apocalypse, they are all survivors, eventually they formed a small sized country (20 miles x 40) which is usually attacked and raided by this other group. The survivalists are pissed about this and decide to end it.

(Quicker scavenging) (Easier to produce) (More adapted to the crappy wasteland) (capable scouts) (better diplomacy)

2. (SAME THING) Remnants of the used to exist U.S. government. While zombies, rioters, disease, and war was destroying everything, a large scale military base stayed hidden for several years. Eventually they ran out of supplies and almost every necessity for survival, except their obvious guns and stuff. After declined trades due to the military faction refusing to give away any of their precious equipment, they decided to start raiding, then they hit the survivalist faction due to them having the most supplies, didn't work. The whole war against two factions are still happening.

(Better troopers) (More expensive.) (More loot but slower) (Relies more on tech and other things) (probably hostile to other settlements) (crappy diplomats)

Now after all that, now i'll explain my mechanic ideas. Feel free to judge.

1. Scavenge and Interior System

There's going to be a lot of stuff laying around when half the world is dead. See that junkyard car, that trailer? You can send troops inside to scavenge and take whatever, you can find weapons, clothing, food, potential scrap...etc. The buildings have interiors inside too, which means that you can send in soldiers to flank, snipe, trap, or just have them rummage through furniture and tear the walls and wiring, whatever you want. Soldiers will not have a lot of loot capacity, which is why you get a troop which the most container capacity.

2. Multiple Resources.

There will be a lot more resources than energy and mass. Everything is your resource, the metal plates, plastics, insulation, asbestos, wood, all that stuff. Buildings will be much harder to make, and sometimes the buildings are easy where you can just make a big tent, build sand bags, guard towers. Kind of like an actual military camp, soldiers can patrol, guard, sometimes idle and smoke or something. You can receive shipments from your homefront when requested every 10 minutes, survivalists will recieve weapons, food, water, ammo...etc. Military will recieve ammo, water, gear, and building materials.

3. Settlement System

There would be either small or big scale settlements, each individual. Please note that the settlements are a rare find. Each settlement is different, you can destroy and pillage them, talk to them, make trading partners and stuff. There would be large successful settlements and crappy 6 people population settlements. Some of them are raiders, shoot you on sight, want nothing to do with you, or are interested in your faction. The settlements will have a purpose, some people would want to join you, like free soldiers, you can scare them into giving you stuff.

4. Closed In Maps

ICBM Site 571-7, it's a missile silo site which housed the Titan II missile, while in the campaign you'll meet a previous worker who worked there. The maps would be closed in, have blast doors, hallways, offices..etc. You can scavenge still, do everything still. There won't be any home shipments or settlements though. You can dismantle things as a form of scavenging. Is this even a good idea?

I still may come up with more stuff, so people these ideas aren't all of it. Just give some constructive criticism on my concepts. You could suggest faction names, you could pick apart everything that relates to my RTS idea, it'd be good to hear some feedback.

Archived