Eating half/quarter sometimes eats all?

JayM

Hi.

Has anybody else noticed that sometimes when you're eating and decide to only eat a half or quarter it sometimes eats everything?

Build 38.30.

Sometimes it works fine then sometimes it doesn't.

Initially i thought i was making the mistake myself but i'm certain there seems to be an issue now.

I'm awaiting others to confirm before i post in the bug section of forum.

P.S. My character is underweight could this be happening because of that and independently of my choosing amounts?

When I first started playing, I noticed something similar to this. I would eat half of, say, a cabbage and be left with the other half. The next time I would choose to eat half of the remaining cabbage, thinking I was eating half of the half, or a quarter of the cabbage, I would finish the whole thing. This confused me for a good while until I realized that the 1/2 and 1/4 selections refer to a fraction of the absolute whole item, as opposed to what is actually present after you eat the first half or whatever.

It's late here and I'm not sure I'm explaining this well. But could this be what you are seeing? 

7 hours ago, Aztib said:

When I first started playing, I noticed something similar to this. I would eat half of, say, a cabbage and be left with the other half. The next time I would choose to eat half of the remaining cabbage, thinking I was eating half of the half, or a quarter of the cabbage, I would finish the whole thing. This confused me for a good while until I realized that the 1/2 and 1/4 selections refer to a fraction of the absolute whole item, as opposed to what is actually present after you eat the first half or whatever.

It's late here and I'm not sure I'm explaining this well. But could this be what you are seeing? 

That makes sense and explains it. I'm shocked i didn't notice this before, i've been playing for years!

Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived