Ranching issue. Every morning the animals are dead

Woldren

Hi guys, on my server every day lasts 2 hours of real life. My players were trying to breed the animals but, when they log every morning, they find them dead. Is it caused by the duration of the day? I do not want to make the day longer because this would result in a longer duration of the night and a longer time for the plants to grow up. Does anyone know how I could solve this problem?

Well, it looks like they cannot survive for 12 days (2h x 12)... all alone... without food. I'd drop dead too if I had nothing to eat for that long.

What you can do is set server time to not advance when noone is logged in and I'm afraid you will still have to increase day length or tweak the mod you are using (I don't recall any breeding in vanilla game).

So how is your server hosted? I assume it's not an MP server, and so if you can tell me how the mods are handled with your sever I bet I can make a version of Hydrocraft with longer animals lifespans that you can use. If you haven't found a fix yet, that is.

Archived