Create NPC

bbcokeley

Been a while since I came here to see updates/progression of the game, its looking great by the way.

To the point of the post,
Do you think it would be possible to create a character, but have them AI controlled, like a kind of spectator mode?
Could make for some interesting veiwing, would this be a thing or would it be too complex to implement?
I dont recall seeing any game with this kind of feature, would be more akin to a simulation then though, but then again would be like an amusing "Lets Watch" series where the "Player" would only have control over pause/save/exit etc.. menus.

What do you guys think of this?

now that you mention it it would be funny to have some kinda "god" mode where you can just freely float around the entire map to spectate everything, and u got a lil menu where u can spawn stuff such as zombies, or npcs (and configure them like bandit group or friendly group) or loot items and you can just watch things react to your actions. like watching a group of survivors plan a trip to a nearby pharmacy so you just spawn in a bunch of bandits in there and watch them get ambushed and then during the firefight you spawn a bunch of zombies right at the door lol

like those old zombie apocalypse simulator sandbox games 

1 minute ago, xXxFANCYCAPYBARA36xXx said:

now that you mention it it would be funny to have some kinda "god" mode where you can just freely float around the entire map to spectate everything, and u got a lil menu where u can spawn stuff such as zombies, or npcs (and configure them like bandit group or friendly group) or loot items and you can just watch things react to your actions. like watching a group of survivors plan a trip to a nearby pharmacy so you just spawn in a bunch of bandits in there and watch them get ambushed and then during the firefight you spawn a bunch of zombies right at the door lol

Even better than what i was thinking, nice one.

Well it would require actually having an AI, but once that's implemented, i can't imagine your idea being too difficult to implement, and it's a great idea indeed!

There's actually a lot of things that could be added with NPCs working, like a roadtrip style experience where you keep progressing in an FTL-like level with randomly generated map chunks and situations ahead, or a factions simulation with a scenario starting right at the outbreak itself...

Archived