The Modders Wishlist

Connall

• 2 months later...

Make it possible to adjust the played sound files as it is done for music:
1. Ability to play a sound file - from the desired second from the beginning.
2. Ability to return the playback position in seconds.

Edited by Nebula

• 5 months later...

I would like to edit/mod files regarding the value-changes of "condition" "global bloodiness" and "global dirtyness" and a way to add another layer for "wetness".

As of right now I can not find any clues, where this is being handled.

I have a good suggestion:

How about a "ReplaceOnFrozen" or a "ReplaceOnThawed" item modifier to complement the ReplaceOnCooked and ReplaceOnRotten ones? I've run into an issue while making a mod where it would make a lot of sense to have something freeze or thaw. Basically, An ice tray filled with water turning into one filled with ice.

That would be a nice addition.

6 hours ago, Madman_Andre said:

I have a good suggestion:

How about a "ReplaceOnFrozen" or a "ReplaceOnThawed" item modifier to complement the ReplaceOnCooked and ReplaceOnRotten ones? I've run into an issue while making a mod where it would make a lot of sense to have something freeze or thaw. Basically, An ice tray filled with water turning into one filled with ice.

That would be a nice addition.

Also with warming up objects it would be relevant.

• 2 months later...
OnItemuse(player, item)  LUA event

returns the player who used the item and item that was used.

So we can do stuff like make people addicted if they take too many pills a lot easier than it is now. 

EDIT: Some more events...

OnActionStart(action)

returns the action being started

There is action canceled event, but no action start event? 

I would also like to ask for AddXP event to ether trigger even if no exp for said skill is gained, or an event that fires when you do a task related to a skill. Right now if you want to trigger something that happens on say... doing carpentry... it's easy. You just use the AddXP event. However it then leads to an issue that once the player maxes carpentry, your mod breaks. 

Edited by MoonSlime

• 6 months later...

Unsure if this suggestion should be posted here, or as a seperate thread, as it does not just benefit the Modders, but could also benefit the users of those mods.

As it stands, it seems various modders receive "Bug-Reports" (or similar) for their mods from an older mod version.

So the suggestion would be:

An indicator for wether there's a new version of the mod on the Steam workshop (if it's a Steam Workshop mod)

Or the possibility to check from the modders side - so modders can notify them via their mods.

So, if such an option for Steam exists to not auto-update workshop subscriptions, or if for whatever reason it did not update it,

they could be informed of it, leaving it up to them wether they want to update or not - possibly reducing the amount of said bug-reports.

I don't know how to manually make mods for this game (yet). But some mods I would like to see come to life.

1. Zombies come out of graves or spawn from, in cemeteries.

2. Panic room inside a building somewhere or a mansion or can be built. 

3. Updated weather system (ex. when it rains all loot on zombies or ground is wet. Cant make campfire, etc in rain.)

4. More apocalyptic looking cars and wrecks and city. Game still looks too clean compared to zombie movies.

5. A GOT DAMNED SAVE BUTTON, please... lol my game crashes too much to let it autosave.

Edited by SnakeSlippers

• 1 month later...

I would like a lua Event for each / most messages from Server to Client.

Network part of Java code is already very well organized. Forwarding the messages as events would improve mods outlook.

On 10/29/2021 at 7:49 AM, SnakeSlippers said:

5. A GOT DAMNED SAVE BUTTON, please... lol my game crashes too much to let it autosave.

Is this good enough for you ?

• 3 weeks later...

There is a lot of asymmetry between getters and setters. Some getters are public while setters are private, or vice versa, while some simply don't exist. Since field access and assignment outside of debug mode is disallowed, this asymmetry makes a lot of mods borderline impossible.

Also, expose ChatManager, please?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hey. I made a mod that forces the player to randomize their character and allows only 5 RE-ROLLS. However the clients can alt-f4 and reconnect to get extra tries.

As a modder I would love a way to do more things when a player connects to a server and is choosing a character.
I would love to have a event on both client and server and the ability to send commands from both as well.

I have a suggestion.  Might be tough to implement.  I wouldn't know.  Anyway, in a nutshell... more layers.

I mean this in a variety of ways, some of which have been requested before, but I can't find mention of most of the following:

1)  Taller buildings

-  I heard somewhere that 7 stories is the maximum, idk if that's true as I'm JUST starting to dabble with the editor.  Don't need 100+ or anything, but more than 7 would be nice.

2)  Subterranean Layers

-  Basements, Sub-basements, Bunkers, Sewers, Storm Drains, Subways, Traffic Tunnels, Utility Tunnels, Mining Tunnels, Caves etc.

3)  Drivable ramps

-  Highways, Junctions, Bridges/Overpasses, Parking Garages (above and below ground), Stunt Ramps, etc.

4)  Soil Map

-  Soil compositions (clay, sand, gravel, loam, peat, etc.).

-  Could be in the "Basement" layer.

5)  Strata Map(s)

-  Rock or Sedimentary compositions (Salt, Coal, Petroleum, Limestone, Iron, Copper, Tin, Nickel, Aluminum, Silicon, Sulfur, etc.)

-  Could be in the "Sub-basement(s)" layers.

6)  Water Table

-  There's ground water everywhere.  It would be nice to be able to dig and construct a new well.

The ability to procure natural resources from the ground could lead to a crafting system overhaul, moving players from primitively crafted items such as the stone axe and wooden spear through the wealth of technological processes that man has accomplished over the millennia.  With such information, survivors can utilize Stone Age, Iron Age, Industrial Age and Modern Age technologies  I would love to get to the point where I'm manufacturing my own rebar, cement, bricks & mortar.  Or maybe build a small power plant or water purification plant for me and my friends and all our houses.  Or maybe a high-rise apartment building with it's own subterranean parking garage.  :p  Hell, it'd be nice to be able to smith some axes, spears, swords, hammers, maces, etc.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

ISContextMenu:render method from ISContextMenu.lua should include as much tuning as possible.

This method is already pretty synthetic and well organized.

But Most colors, alpha and spacing are local constants.

These could be global moddable variables.

global in order to safely share the same look & feel among all instances.

moddable because:

- the cost of finding an optimum must be externalized

- it would benefit from modding iterations agility to achieve a partial consensus.

- there could be different depending on users preferences.

Can we get a "onTrapExplode" Lua event trigger in iso\objects\isoTrap triggerExplosion function (if sensor param false)? Then we could extend the functionality of trap/bomb explosions from Lua which would open up a bunch of cool possibilities.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 12/12/2017 at 6:41 PM, Snakeman said:

"Obsolete" and "Override" strings recipes (to change basegame recipes) only work if the main language = English.

So... looks like 5 years later, nothing has been done to fix this, has it?

Edited by Mork

• 3 weeks later...

Hello,

I need to implement a hashing function in my mod. This requires a working modulo operator, and some bit shift, bitwise and/or, etc. 

At the moment, modulo is not working correctly for large numbers (see `2^38 % 100`). Since Kahlua is based on Lua 5.1, there's also no bitwise operators built-in, and no library available. We also don't have access to Java operators.

I currently implemented my own functions and they're obviously much slower than what is available in Java natively.

Would it be possible to create and expose bitShiftLeft(), bitShiftRight(), bitAnd(), bitOr(), bitXor(), bitNot() and Modulo() in the LuaManager.GlobalObject?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Recently I have been informed that the system for the base ice cream to not provide any debuffs was a hardcoded feature found within the Food.java file that appears to apply specifically to ice cream itself. At the end of the conversation I was informed to make a post here on the IS forums - and so I suppose here it is.

Would it be possible to have the ability for frozen foods and their application of boredom and unhappiness be easier to modify? I'm not entirely certain on how the process should go, whether it can be a stat itself for the item scripts, perhaps in a similar vein as CanBeFrozen.

Edited by King_CreepaLot
Meant to say "File" rather than "Folder."

• 5 weeks later...

Hi there. Co-author of "SmallTownResponders" here with a request of sorts. 
The ability to define multiple textures in the script, based on the skinIndex. Say "textureLights1" for SkinIndex1, "textureLights2" for Skin2, and so on. This would help tremendously with defining multiple skins for a vehicle, rather than a whole new vehicle script for each texture.
Anyways, I wish ya'll the best! And keep up the amazing work!

• 2 weeks later...
  1. Could you expose the Vehicles.DB to Lua in some way, at least to get a list? It is useful to get a list of what vehicles are in a cell beyond what is currently loaded in. It would also be useful to have the accompanying functionality to check if it's loaded in, and force a vehicle to then load in if it is not. I would primarily be using this to get a count of vehicles in a cell and removing vehicles if they have not been interacted with in too long, but this would enable a lot of car-related dynamic features to run faster and be more reliable. I would hope this would be a relatively simple thing to implement that you wouldn't mind adding?
  2. I posted this as a separate thread without noticing this thread, so I'll reiterate this one: scripts need a syntax checking pass. I've lost dozens of hours to equals-instead-of-semicolon, missing bracket, and "Item" instead of "item" being overlooked. I'm sure this happens to many others too.
  3. When you override a recipe, it only applies to the first recipe with that name. That makes sense.. but how do you affect any further recipes with that name? Perhaps a syntax that lets you affect all recipes with a given name, or filter down by some other property such as ingredient or result would help. At present the only way to do this is to loop through every recipe and check for the name, and if it's the one you want, then do what you want to do to it in a lua script at load-time. If multiple mods do this, imagine how many times all the recipes are being looped through! Another way to fix this would be to give us a lua-exposed function capable of doing what ScriptManager:getRecipe(name) does, but capable of returning a table/array of recipes instead of just one - that way we can act on all of them without looping through everything at all. Further, it would be nice if there were a method to remove a recipe outright after it has been loaded in so that I don't have to set IsHidden to true and NeedToBeLearn to true to effectively remove them (thus at runtime less of code having to run through recipes that are not relevant).
Edited by UdderlyEvelyn