Add small things to main map

Dr_Cox1911

8 hours ago, Dr_Cox1911 said:

Greetings all,

completely new to the whole map-stuff, but how would I add little things to the main map like small huts, camping sites, ...?

A whole new map is to much for me right now, but some adjustments to the current one would be neat.

Any help and tips would be nice :-D

I like this. Aside from the burned down houses (which are eh) and the vehicle wrecks (which are slightly less eh) the map is too clean. There needs to be piles of garbage everywhere. Makeshift roadblocks. Mass graves. Piles of burnt corpses. Abandoned campsites. Just the small details that make the world truly feel post-apocalyptic. 

7 hours ago, Brex said:

I like this. Aside from the burned down houses (which are eh) and the vehicle wrecks (which are slightly less eh) the map is too clean. There needs to be piles of garbage everywhere. Makeshift roadblocks. Mass graves. Piles of burnt corpses. Abandoned campsites. Just the small details that make the world truly feel post-apocalyptic. 

If I understood this week's thursdoid correctly, many little details will be added to the maps between all the main towns in next iwbums!

@brex I think ultimately the erosion system can make this possible. If we had "eroded" furniture sprites, you could over time have a real beat up patched up look to all tiles.  There were some conversations back here with @Rekkie @Margera

If the local environment could have some effect, that would be cool too. For example. if zombies are standing around, scratch-ugly-dirty erosion. If its survivors, that causes garbage and decoration and a "repaired" look. But i love the idea that if you find a little house that hasn't been touched or opened since the game started, it would be beautiful and you can move in.

Edited by thiosk

• 8 months later...