Zombies breaking into a fully barricaded house

Faraj

Hello PZ community! Firstly, I just want to say that I recently got back into the game after over a year long break, and it's amazing to see all the changes that have been made to the game. It's nice to be back.

Now, to the topic at hand, if you don't mind :D

I have occupied a cozy house in one of the neighborhoods in Rosewood, and barricaded it completely on the ground floor, both windows and doors. Not all of the windows and doors have four planks, but I have placed at least three on some of them. I went to sleep and woke up panicked, only to see that two zombies have broken into my home. The million dollar question is, how? Is it a glitch? Or has there been an update of some sorts which allows zombies to break in when the windows are not barricaded completely by four planks? Has anyone else have this happen to them?

Thanks in advance for your replies! Cheers :) 

It doesn't matter how much defences you have, zombies can destroy them and get in. They just need the time and numbers to do so.

You were probably very tired when you went to sleep and when they began attacking you didn't wake you until they'd gotten inside.

Doesn't even matter if your base is surrounded by 3 layers of log walls bro, if the zomboids want in, they'll pound and pound and pound away until they get in or die trying.

Since your in rosewood, and looking for a fortified base there's this gated community with a bunch of different sections, and the southern-most one only has 3 houses inside of it and 2 ways in and lots of tree's nearby so it's easily fortified with log walls and very defendable.

Good luck, survivor.

Thank you for your replies. I think I might have forgotten to mention a crucial bit of information - none of the barricades were broken when I woke up. All of my doors and windows are still intact, barricaded the same way as they were. So it seems like the zombies simply teleported inside the house, instead of breaking anything to get inside. Either that, or I'm missing something. I double and triple checked every entry point though, and it seems pretty much zombie proof. Any ideas?

I had the same problem with zombies getting in my base. But my base was in the gated community in valley point(the one that is walled all around). I built stairs to get in and then destroyed them. So the only way to get inside was to climb the sheet ropes that i put. The original wall was still intact and there was no player built walls there. So one day i went to sleep and also woke up to zombies surrounding me, i killed them and went to investigate where they came from. I found around 15 zombies in my walled of base with no visible entry. All the walls were standing and even my barricades( all metal sheets) on the house were still there, but they still made it into my base and house.then i made a player built wall on the inside of the existing walls and after a few ingame days i saw that zombies spawn between the original and player built walls. So it appears that zombies still spawn behind original walls but not player built ones. I dont know if thats intentional or a bug, but its kinda annoying :/

6 hours ago, smrdoprdo33 said:

I had the same problem with zombies getting in my base. But my base was in the gated community in valley point(the one that is walled all around). I built stairs to get in and then destroyed them. So the only way to get inside was to climb the sheet ropes that i put. The original wall was still intact and there was no player built walls there. So one day i went to sleep and also woke up to zombies surrounding me, i killed them and went to investigate where they came from. I found around 15 zombies in my walled of base with no visible entry. All the walls were standing and even my barricades( all metal sheets) on the house were still there, but they still made it into my base and house.then i made a player built wall on the inside of the existing walls and after a few ingame days i saw that zombies spawn between the original and player built walls. So it appears that zombies still spawn behind original walls but not player built ones. I dont know if thats intentional or a bug, but its kinda annoying :/

I agree this is a problem, try editing your spawn settings on a sandbox, I like doing that.There's so many zombies that if you can go out and kill like 500+ of them you should be able to get some serious loot, and the zombies should be out of that area at least for awhile man cuz that shits risky even with an axe and blade accuracy, you could get bit any day and thats the premise of the game i guess. Keep it real, survivor.

If the walled area is big enough they will simply spawn inside it, bypassing defenses.

For now, the only way I know to reduce it with it is to do a perimeter run. Basically running around walled off area because I believe they won't spawn in an area the player has been in recently. There is a sandbox setting that controls this. I think the default is 3 days? So before that time elapses, run around to refresh the timer.

Archived