Override base game recipe

Tekniqe

I've been doing some research, and I see that overriding an item for the base game is pretty straightforward. However, I can't seem to override a base game recipe.

I want to change the way the "Gather Gunpowder" recipe works for a mod I'm working on, but when I do something like (having copied the recipe and editing it, to account for any typos) the following, I just end up with the base game recipe and then the one that I added, instead of it replacing the base one.

module Base{

recipe Gather Gunpowder{

xyz...

}

}

Is there another method for replacing base game recipes? I searched the forum for examples, but could only find ones relating to items.

5 hours ago, Tekniqe said:

I've been doing some research, and I see that overriding an item for the base game is pretty straightforward. However, I can't seem to override a base game recipe.

I want to change the way the "Gather Gunpowder" recipe works for a mod I'm working on, but when I do something like (having copied the recipe and editing it, to account for any typos) the following, I just end up with the base game recipe and then the one that I added, instead of it replacing the base one.

module Base{

recipe Gather Gunpowder{

xyz...

}

}

Is there another method for replacing base game recipes? I searched the forum for examples, but could only find ones relating to items.

I remember seeing in one of the recent(ish) updates that they fixed this problem... or provided a work around or something. I know this isn't much help, but if you do a search for recipes and look in the update section, the answer might be there. Or it might require you to be in the IWBUMS branch.

1 hour ago, tommysticks said:

I remember seeing in one of the recent(ish) updates that they fixed this problem... or provided a work around or something. I know this isn't much help, but if you do a search for recipes and look in the update section, the answer might be there. Or it might require you to be in the IWBUMS branch.

At your suggestion I was able to find this thread: https://theindiestone.com/forums/index.php?/topic/21914-help-obsoletetrue-recipefeature/&tab=comments#comment-251392

I'll try that when I get home from and work and examine the properties of recipes more closely as well, and provide an update then.

• 2 years later...