Power, water, date and more

FinestHops

When you run an RP based server, there are certain aspects that you would like to have direct control over in some form.

• Create sandbox setting for water and power to never turn off
  • Create admin commands to turn water and power off or on in real time. 
  • Admin command to manually change the date in game. (sometimes, the lore will run longer and we want to keep it for a certain season)
  • Admin command to change time
    • This would be great for RP purposes because sometimes we want it night for events, sometimes we want it day. 
  • Additional day length settings
    • Such as 7, 13, 15 and so forth hour days. Odd numbers
    • This then creates a staggering effect for the days so 7pm real time this day it may be day, but the next day or the day after it may be night. With the 12 hour setting, this makes it so that its always night or day at this specific time

I know that we don't hold the majority of players for this game and our desires only mean so much. However, we do have the largest RP server available in PZ and one of the largest servers in general. My hope is that my request carries a bit of weight as to what a respectable sized server would like to see. 

I am not an admin, but I think these should be implemented in both SP and MP.

As for additional day lengths, getting a field with a custom length is probably better than a long drop-down list. Also, changing day length in-game after game start can be useful.

17 hours ago, Queen Glory said:

I'm pretty sure some of those are already in the game? Correct me if I'm wrong.

One can shift time with NecroForge and CheatMenu, and can also enable electricity for a set of tiles, but there are no intended settings for admins to do without these mods. I'd like to have this possibility out of the box, approved and supported by dev team.

On 12/6/2017 at 2:58 AM, rez said:

One can shift time with NecroForge and CheatMenu, and can also enable electricity for a set of tiles, but there are no intended settings for admins to do without these mods. I'd like to have this possibility out of the box, approved and supported by dev team.

Yes and No. In multiplayer, there is an option to change the time, but it only works in single player. You may see the time change for about a minute locally in multiplayer but no one else will. I am not sure as to the exact details as to why it does not work exactly. 

As for the power... technically it can be turned back on by shutting down the server, deleting the map_meta.bin file and restarting the server..... as you can imagine though, this would be disruptive and cant be done on the fly. 

On 12/5/2017 at 9:36 AM, Queen Glory said:

I'm pretty sure some of those are already in the game? Correct me if I'm wrong.

The only one I didnt really cover above would be the day lengths. Its exists, but there are only a few options and they do not allow for the staggering of days as in a 24 hour period, they end up as an even 24.