Tons of questions!

Elorh

Hello everyone!
This is my very fist post, so I hope that I am not breaking the rules of the forum by putting this post here, on General Discussions. If I am doing something wrong asking here, please moderators, feel free to move my post and forgive me, I'm not doing this on propose, I'll buy you a cake. 
I've never written before as I said, but from time to time I used to read a lot of threads and answers from useres & developers. I always read the thursday's post but I have to admit I have had tons of doubs and questions without a proper answer for years,  and I thought that maybe some users (more active than me for sure) could reply and help me to undestand what's going on with the game, and what is going to happen with the next builds, because I'm not sure if some things are still on developing or completely abandoned. Of course, I know the "it's done when it's done", I'm not talking about ETAs, just asking about the next steps. Maybe some of my questions are totally outdated or answered. Sorry if it's the case.

Oh! And before to start asking, thank you so much PZ developers!!! (if any of you read this anytime) I love your game and I've always believed in all of you. I think your work is already amazing and I think it's admirable you are still keep developing the project with this care & love. I encourage you to keep working so hard!

Questions:
+Are the developers keep working on Creative mode or did they say it's a dead road?
I mean, I'm a map maker on every game I've played, and I have to admit that Project Zomboid has an enormous potential with the proper tools. Unfortunately every time I've downloaded the tools and watched videos on Youtube about how to start mapping on PZ, I had a panic attack :?. I've always thought that is so complicated to start with that editor and develop new maps is an impossible task for me. I don't have the time I used to, and I'm afraid I can't waste hours and hours trying to figure out how does it work, so I've always been waiting for the "Creative Mode" developers announced a couple of years ago.  They said that they were so excited with the idea of players developing their own hometowns and new maps, and of course it was a GREAT idea because its tons of free content to make the game better for all of us.
But one day Creative mode dissapeared from the roadmap. A developer told me by Facebook that they couldn't work on it because something new in the internal developing was on going and they had to stop the develop at that moment, later I discovered that it was the new textures, and after that the animations and now, I have no idea if they gave up about it. Could anyone tell me if they are going to work on this mode anymore?

+Is it or it's going to be possible to add new walls textures? 
Yeah, maybe it's a stupid question for many of you, but I have no idea and I didn't see any mod that let you add more textures. I'm totally in the dark about it, and I just would like to know if in the furure users and map developers are going to be able to add this kind of thins on an easy way.

+Is it going to be possible to add new decorations and urban furniture?
Of course, this point makes sense after the main releases, animations, map expansion, cars and NPC's, but sometimes I feel that all the maps are empty and I've always believed that if the community has the possibility to add this kind of things to a game, they're going to enrich it and keep developing for years, making it more atractive for new buyers. Maybe it's the same question that my last one about walls, and maybe is it already possible, but can anyone tell me if they are going to develop an easy way in the future?

+What happened with basements?
I've read about basements for years. At the beggining It was going to be impossible to add them to the game, but later they started to say that it could be possible. The fact is that a lot of time has passed and I have no idea if at the end they are going to add a level (or more) underground. Yes, I'm sure we all would love it, but sometimes it's not possible at all due the game engine, and I have no Idea about this point anymore. Can anyone tell me something realistic about it?

+What is the maximum number of floors the game accept?
I've always had that doubt because I've played player's creations on Steam and I loved them! But I was wondering why they didn't make taller buildings.

+Is it planned to add trains to the game?
I don't want to be a train driver hahaha 8-), but I thougth that I doesn't make sense to have train tracks surrounding cities without an abandoned train or somethin similar.
Maybe developers told you something about it?

+Is it going to be possible to listen to your own music?
I'm pretty sure an user did that question long time ago, but I would like to know, because I've found dozens of cd players in the game, and I've always thought that it could be amazing to use them to fight boredom with your headphones. Maybe it's discarded, I don't know.

+Is agriculture going to be revamped or extended?
Yeah, I am this kind of weird player who loves to grow plants on the ground. Unfortunetly I think the range of plants and crops the user can cultivate is extremely small. I know, this is not a farm simulator, but for god's shake, it's a survival game and my character wants to die because he has been eating potatoes for a year every day. Who cares about zombies when it's totally depressed eating the same everyday! hahaha. It's a joke, but I think variety could be a so nice addtion to the final game. Is anything on going about this point?

+Are developers doing something with garage doors?

Maybe they have already said something about it but I didn't read it. I've always found this doors so annoying because they had no use. Maybe are they developing some animations to make them useful?

+What happened with clothes?
I'm not sure about this point and maybe they delayed the release of clothing system due the animations. I would like to know because they announced it a year ago, and of course, they offered us some videos on february or march, I can't remember now, but I was wondering what happened.  Are they planned to be released with the animations or just put in another future build?

+Is it planned the option to deactivate burned houses, or at least change the ratio they appeared?
I think it was an amazing addition!, but unfortunately I don't like so much, I mean, it's great to found one or two houses burned, but I have a game where SO many buildings are burned and now I hate to not have an option to change it.

+Is it planned to change water mechanics?
Maybe it's impossible due the engine, but I wanted to know if they told you something about it, because it's an enormous limitation.

+Are the unused objects going to have an useful use?
All of you know whay I mean guys, there are some objects that doesn't have any use and I wanted to know if the developers have said something about it, you know, to do it in the future, because it's obvious they are already so busy doing more important stuff right now, but I wanted to know is something is planned. 

+What is it planned for future builds? (+Added after first post)
I've read lots of official post about vehicles, but what happened with character animations? Are they in a specific build or inside the same big future build? Because I remember they promised us to release more short builds, but since the beggining of the year, I know nothing about character animations. And frankly, I don't remember every post since they announced the new animation system, but I think they should say something to the community, unless they already told you a lot of stuff I don't know, and I would like to ask you about :)

+What is it planned for future builds?
I mean, I don't know if it's something public or if developers told you something about the future of the game. I'm not going to ask about NPCs because I already know the answer, but would like to know if they are working or at least thinking in new mechanics for the late game. Honestly, I haven't played PZ for months because after 200 hours I have nothing to do, and late game is so boring due the lack of content at that point. And YES, I know it's not a finished game and it's normal to feel this way, but I wanted to know if something has changed in their minds and they told you about the future of PZ. :-D

Well... that's all for now! Thank you so much for reading!

I'm so sorry for the grammar mistakes. English is not my main language and it's not normal to speak English in my country, but I tried my best!
Greetings from Madrid, Spain :)

Nice English (I mean that seriously, good work)!

I'm sure you'll have lots of responses come in over the next little while. I don't have lots of time now but I'll leave you this link to all of the updates they've posted- you will see information about animations (there is no date set), why the buildings are limited in size for now, and some other things you've mentioned.

Take a look if you have not seen this already!

Cheers,

Trom

https://projectzomboid.com/blog/category/news-development/news/

Max number of floors is said to be 7 or so, I think it might be 8 but everyone sticks to 7.

After they work some more on the cars they said that they will make garages work, there is a mod for now on the workshop.

Basement textures can be found in tilezed, and they are working on a sims like building viewing that would help reduce lag and be used for Louisville or bigger maps. 

Future builds will be: cars, animations, some more optimizations, types of clothes, the backpacks that we are all waiting for etc. Animations will come probably in build 40-41 or so. There's more pressing issues now with the cars and optimizing the game, but they have showed models and so on. 

They are planning to release more vehicles like military ones and there are pictures of some sedan, jeep, and a fire truck. Sirens are now in game and u can enjoy using them.

They are planning on working some more with the food stuff and other crafting items, so everything might become of use. We can clean clothes with soap and water now.

There are some trains in the train depo east of Muldraugh. They are more or less buildings with a nice facade and a set of wheels XD

Hope I could help.

Let me preface this by saying, I'm a junior member on the team. I don't really dictate direction and couldn't tell you everything that's been thought about.

+Are the developers keep working on Creative mode or did they say it's a dead road?
I think it's currently on the back burner, but there is someone on the team who will be looking at resuming development on this at some point.

+Is it or it's going to be possible to add new walls textures? 
I believe the WorldEd already allows this? I mean, you can create your own texture packs for your mods that can be used. So I don't see why you couldn't add new wall textures? You might be looking for this:

Custom Texture Packs and Tile Definitions

if you are looking to do it.
+What happened with basements?
I can't actually remember what was said about this, but I think it requires quite a bit of work to be done to make it happen.

+What is the maximum number of floors the game accept?
Don't work on maps, so don't know. :/

+Is it planned to add trains to the game?
I don't think so, but you never know. Maybe a modder will be tenacious enough to give this a shot.

+Is it going to be possible to listen to your own music?
I feel like the idea was to have in game CD be found and possibly listened to, but I don't know about adding your own music. I'll chalk this up as I don't know.

+Is agriculture going to be revamped or extended?
Ah! My area, I'm currently working on adding, extending and balancing some of the mechanics in game per user suggestions and this thread:

https://theindiestone.com/forums/index.php?/topic/20738-build-38-and-beyond-small-but-important-suggestions-thread/

So maybe if you suggest it, and EngimaGrey pokes me about it, it might be something that gets a look in.

+Are developers doing something with garage doors?

I believe there are plans to do something with garage door, but again, I'm not 100%.

+What happened with clothes?
The hold up is the animation system.

+Is it planned the option to deactivate burned houses, or at least change the ratio they appeared?
Maybe that small suggestion thread could be of help here. ;)

+Is it planned to change water mechanics?
I'm not sure I follow what would want to be changed.

+Are the unused objects going to have an useful use?
Again! Small suggestions thread! I been adding some funky stuff and abilities for items over the past few months. So if there's an item that you think could be used for something that isn't, you could make a suggestion.

+What is it planned for future builds? (+Added after first post)
Vehicles is the task currently being tackled and with that out of the way, it will be on to animations and from there I believe there's plans to maybe talk about the plans for the future.

+What is it planned for future builds?
Things are always being thought about! I won't say anything now, but the Thursdoids (originally Mondoids) can give good insight in to what is currently willing to be talked about and the plans for the future.

Hopefully that helps. :)

On 01/12/2017 at 10:38 AM, Legoland99 said:

Animations will come probably in build 40-41

... in a build in year 2019... :-D

If i undrstd you correctly, yes, this option is IG since build 38.xx.

Thank you so much for all the answers!
And thank you Connall, I'm going to take some notes and write some suggestions in that thread in a few days :D

On 1/12/2017 at 10:38 AM, Legoland99 said:

"and they are working on a sims like building viewing"

That's what I would love to use to make maps, a fast way inside the game, otherwise, it could be so tedious for a medium-large towns. I saw the first video they released about the editor, but suddenly they stopped giving us info. That's why I was wondering if they wanted to keep developing a better tool or not. 

Archived