Making Rooms with the Place Wall tool, Item Spawns, Ortho and more!

Capt_Paradox

Ok when using the wall tool make sure for these sides  you click on Exterior wall and select your texture.

image.png

Click the multicolored square at the top toolbar and you get the room tool. then go to the plus and click add room

image.png

When you open it up you see there are two names, the top one doesn't matter, the second one indicates what spawns there, so if im making a bedroom put bedroom for internal room name.

image.png

https://theindiestone.com/forums/index.php?/topic/5461-full-list-of-current-room-definitions/ this is a good list to help you figure out the names for spawns (THANK YOU RingoD123 for the roomlist).

Then go down and click interior walls none (if you used the wall tool)

image.png

do the same for Tri
Go to floors and pick your floor tiles you want, i choose carpet for this bedroom
image.png

If you click on the little color box, it will let you choose a color so you don't confuse yourself when you have more than one room like 2+ bedrooms, one you can set to blue, another to red. if you want or you can keep using the same one if it's going to use the exact same floors.
image.png

then you go to the exterior walls and select what you want the outside walls to be, if you want to use the wall tool, select none and it will look like this
image.png

If you want it to match or use a different color for the hallways outside the bedroom go to exterior walls and select your wall (i decided to match mine).
image.png

If you go to Ortho you get an overhead view and you'll notice that your rooms are visible based on the color you picked earlier
image.png

you can do everything without using the room tool if you want, then when you want to spawn stuff(you will need to use the room tool for that) you just set everything in the room tool to none, and go to exterior walls and click it to NONE and it will look like this (this way you can continue using the wall tool).
image.png

Wall tool version
image.png

This is how you do floors in ISO mode rather easy.
Just go to floors when you have your room selected red bedroom(or whichever you picked) and pick the floor tile
image.png

you can switch back and forth once you have the rooms setup using the textures on the right, just change the Room drop down menu I have highlighted and it will automatically fill it in

Red Bedroom right window click on tile, bam, blue bedroom click on tile, bam, etc etc

Also dont be a NUB put lightswitches in your house or it will be pitch black
Lighting - Indoor
image.png

Also if you want to spawn items not found in a bedroom in a bedroom but not mess up dressers too here's how, make a new room with a new internal name - I picked gunstore for gun spawns, picks a gun locker for furniture and placed it.
image.png

set everything to none, except the same color floor, then this is where ORTHO helps and the color coding click the draw room tool after selecting the new room from the drop down menu
you'll notice I have 4 square selected (only need one for the gun locker) but the furniture is blocking the tile so I did 4 for you to see

image.png

As you can tell it all looks the same in ISO mode, but anything that is storage will spawn gunstore stuff now on those 4 tiles
image.png

So when you have stuff like offices, that you want office supplies, but also have something like a mini fridge, or cabinets, you can just do that and keep the same textures, but have different spawns!

I hope I explained it well. Hopefully there will be more to come!
I often get questions in Discord so since I go through the effort to walk people through it I figure I'd share it here!

Again TY StarKitty for the motivation!

Happy Mapping!