Lower resolution scaling problem

25pinjo15

Question

Hi,

Sorry for broken english. I have a problem . I play on a 10.2 inch 1920x1200 screen windows 10. So the text is so small. And I cant find any option to scale it up . so i tried to lower the resolution . the resolution lower but its like if it was windowed but my mouse cant left the game screen but i see my desktop.  I looked for compability tab in the game folder to disable high dpi setting but the tab is missing. Tried all my video card scaling option nothing change.  No problem with native resolution exept for the text size

Thank you have a good day

Sans titre.gif

12 answers to this question

Generally this is related to DPI settings:

Go to %ProgramFiles(x86)%\Steam\steamapps\common\ProjectZomboid. Right click on each of the ProjectZomboid*.exes (red and black egg) and go into Properties. Under compatibility, disable DPI scaling. This way, they will ignore the system wide DPI setting.

Huh, never encountered that before. 

I mean, I can show you how to do it in regedit, but it's kind of a PITA? https://theindiestone.com/forums/index.php?/tracker/issue/1086--{?}/&tab=comments#comment-3368 It's number 2.

So I'd rather find a way to get that tab back. Maybe it's a matter of permissions if you're not admin or this is an enterprise/school computer?

You can apparently get around this by right clicking the exe and going to Troubleshoot compatibility. You'd be checking the box involving differing font sizes, I suppose.

7 minutes ago, numbersixthecat said:

Would it be possible to do something similar for the Linux build?

When playing at resolutions like HD or higher, especially on laptops (with 14" or smaller screens), the fonts are really tiny.

Thanks!

Looks like it could depend on the distro, but most google results seem to suggest you can only set the DPI for the entire display, not individual applications. 

This one walks through setting a different DPI for Gnome: https://www.pcworld.com/article/2911509/how-to-make-linuxs-desktop-look-good-on-high-resolution-displays.html

finaly made my way. Since the fall creator update for win 10 all compatibility tab on new program have disapear . Find the utility hiden in control panel . set it to no dpi awareness and voila. find it kinda strange that I cant type in the search menu for the utility and the tab that disapear

12 hours ago, 25pinjo15 said:

finaly made my way. Since the fall creator update for win 10 all compatibility tab on new program have disapear . Find the utility hiden in control panel . set it to no dpi awareness and voila. find it kinda strange that I cant type in the search menu for the utility and the tab that disapear

That update's been the bane of my existence for a few months now . . . Everything from messing up mouse position to making that whole DPI scaling thing far worse. So . . . not surprising, I guess, that it'd screw something else up. 

Archived