RELEASED: Build 38.30

lemmy101

On 2/22/2018 at 2:24 PM, NorthRoad said:

They're different, unrelated version numbers. Vehicle build 36.4 has everything from 38.3.

I wasn't sure if they were continuing to add the new features into the vehicle build or if they froze the features and continued to work on vehicles separately? This is good to know.

• 3 weeks later...

So I came back to PZ recently and my SP game updated to 38.30. Is there an issue with generators not powering areas after you've left them? I turn on a generator with 100% fuel. I leave the area and come back. The generator is still running but

the items in my freezer have melted and are no longer frozen. Happens every single time I leave the area. Even if I travel 1 or 2 screens away, the area that I left does not have electricity even though the generator is running. Restarting the generator

fixes the issue. Yes I have mods (Hydrocraft) but this sounds like a vanilla issue. Also, this did not happen in 38.22 with the same mods installed. Is this a known issue that is only fixed in 39.x?

Thanks.

On 19/03/2018 at 10:13 AM, PPanda0421 said:

So I came back to PZ recently and my SP game updated to 38.30. Is there an issue with generators not powering areas after you've left them? I turn on a generator with 100% fuel. I leave the area and come back. The generator is still running but

the items in my freezer have melted and are no longer frozen. Happens every single time I leave the area. Even if I travel 1 or 2 screens away, the area that I left does not have electricity even though the generator is running. Restarting the generator

fixes the issue. Yes I have mods (Hydrocraft) but this sounds like a vanilla issue. Also, this did not happen in 38.22 with the same mods installed. Is this a known issue that is only fixed in 39.x?

Thanks.

The problem seems to be with the Hydrocraft mod, since in the Vanilla game there is no such issue. There might have been a change in the latest Hydrocraft / PZ build that that started the problem. I have not found a solution to this myself since it is hard to know what is really causing it in the Hydrocraft mod.

2 hours ago, Beard said:

The problem seems to be with the Hydrocraft mod, since in the Vanilla game there is no such issue. There might have been a change in the latest Hydrocraft / PZ build that that started the problem. I have not found a solution to this myself since it is hard to know what is really causing it in the Hydrocraft mod.

OK, I created a brand new world with no mods installed. I can confirm that this issue does not exist in the vanilla PZ. When you leave the area and come back the freezers and fridges are working. The issue does appear to be mod-related, perhaps Hydrocraft. I'll let him know.

What I am disappointed about is the response or LACK of response by TIS when I posted this possible issue 3 days ago! This is the official RELEASE branch and there was no reply/feedback from you guys? I had to get help from a NEWBIE member. I spent about 30mins - 1 hour setting up everything for my tests whereas you (TIS) could've done the test in 5-10 minutes and posted your results. I know that a lot of attention is being worked on for the 39.x release but you should take more responsibility for what is already released to the public. VERY disappointing...

1 hour ago, PPanda0421 said:

OK, I created a brand new world with no mods installed. I can confirm that this issue does not exist in the vanilla PZ. When you leave the area and come back the freezers and fridges are working. The issue does appear to be mod-related, perhaps Hydrocraft. I'll let him know.

What I am disappointed about is the response or LACK of response by TIS when I posted this possible issue 3 days ago! This is the official RELEASE branch and there was no reply/feedback from you guys? I had to get help from a NEWBIE member. I spent about 30mins - 1 hour setting up everything for my tests whereas you (TIS) could've done the test in 5-10 minutes and posted your results. I know that a lot of attention is being worked on for the 39.x release but you should take more responsibility for what is already released to the public. VERY disappointing...

You've failed me for the last time,  @Beard

2 hours ago, PPanda0421 said:

But really, if you're going to freak out about a lack of recognition for wasting people's time on something you could have easily tested yourself (disable the mod), maybe it'd be best just keeping it to yourself from this point forward. 

Both Beard and Sasha took time out of their day to address your issue, when they didn't have to at all.

Someone that's been lurking here for 3 years should know better by now: we can't support mods, we have man-power so limited that even the things that we want to do can't be done, and stable builds don't get patched four months after release.

27 minutes ago, EnigmaGrey said:

But really, if you're going to freak out about a lack of recognition for wasting people's time on something you could have easily tested yourself (disable the mod), maybe it'd be best just keeping it to yourself from this point forward. 

Both Beard and Sasha took time out of their day to address your issue, when they didn't have to at all.

Someone that's been lurking here for 3 years should know better by now: we can't support mods, we have man-power so limited that even the things that we want to do can't be done, and stable builds don't get patched four months after release.

Wow this is the reply I get? A couple of things.

1. So I am reporting a possible bug in the game and the DEVELOPER is telling me to keep it to myself from now on? So I shouldn't report (possible) bugs to you anymore? Ok got it! Wait then what are players in the VEHICLES/IWBUMS branches doing?

2. I don't know who Sasha is and haven't seen him/her look into my issue. Is Sasha part of the team? If they are you could've communicated to me that you already looked into it and found nothing. Instead you only reply when I raise a complaint.

3. Any/all bug reports SHOULD be looked into by a software/gaming company. At my company we take customers complaints/issues seriously. Everything is logged into our bug tracker system. I didn't tell you to drop everything you're doing and look into this issue right away. Our standard reply is, 'We got your complaint/issue. We'll look into it as soon as we can.' At least we acknowledged the customer's input!

4. I didn't tell you to patch the stable build. I just told you about an issue I ran across. You have limited manpower, I get it. You could've just said, 'OK PPanda, we got it. We'll look into it later.' Instead you just left me in the dark.

5. At my previous company we had about 16 people and only 3 people in tech support. The previous company followed the same rule as my current company (30000+ people). We actually care about our clients inputs.

6. Before I made this post I looked for similar issues in the 38.28 branch and found generator issues in MP. And as you know some issues have crossed over from SP to MP and vice versa. I then asked Hydro about this issue and he said he's seen it and said most likely vanilla issue.

7. I didn't tell you to install Hydrocraft to test this. It's obvious you should see if this is a vanilla issue since there already issues with generators in MP. As for me testing it, disabling mods will sometimes break your world and make it unplayable so it is not as simple as 'disable' mod. I had to create a new world to test this and had to run around trying to set everything up. It took time since the public doesn't have the same tools as developers. On that note I already found some issues with custom settings (new world creation) but hey I guess I'll keep them to myself now...

Всем привет. Давно заметил такой баг. Если вас поцарапал зомби, и вы сразу его убили - вы умрете. Это при том, что заражения нет. И рана успеет зарасти.

А если зомби вас поцарапает, вы отбежите и перевяжите рану, и уже после убьете его - все будет хорошо. 

Такая вот история.... Это баг? или нет?

GooglE Translite:

Hello. It has long been noticed such a bug. If you were scratched by a zombie, and you immediately killed him - you will die. This despite the fact that there is no infection. And the wound will have time to grow.

And if the zombie scratches you, you run away and bandage the wound, and after you kill it - everything will be fine.

Such is the story .... Is this a bug? or not?

38 minutes ago, Хибити\Hibiti [BLR] said:

Всем привет. Давно заметил такой баг. Если вас поцарапал зомби, и вы сразу его убили - вы умрете. Это при том, что заражения нет. И рана успеет зарасти.

А если зомби вас поцарапает, вы отбежите и перевяжите рану, и уже после убьете его - все будет хорошо. 

Такая вот история.... Это баг? или нет?

GooglE Translite:

Hello. It has long been noticed such a bug. If you were scratched by a zombie, and you immediately killed him - you will die. This despite the fact that there is no infection. And the wound will have time to grow.

And if the zombie scratches you, you run away and bandage the wound, and after you kill it - everything will be fine.

Such is the story .... Is this a bug? or not?

Is this in sandbox? Do you have mortality set to 0 to 12 hours?

On 23/03/2018 at 12:26 AM, PPanda0421 said:

Wow this is the reply I get? A couple of things.

1. So I am reporting a possible bug in the game and the DEVELOPER is telling me to keep it to myself from now on? So I shouldn't report (possible) bugs to you anymore? Ok got it! Wait then what are players in the VEHICLES/IWBUMS branches doing?

2. I don't know who Sasha is and haven't seen him/her look into my issue. Is Sasha part of the team? If they are you could've communicated to me that you already looked into it and found nothing. Instead you only reply when I raise a complaint.

3. Any/all bug reports SHOULD be looked into by a software/gaming company. At my company we take customers complaints/issues seriously. Everything is logged into our bug tracker system. I didn't tell you to drop everything you're doing and look into this issue right away. Our standard reply is, 'We got your complaint/issue. We'll look into it as soon as we can.' At least we acknowledged the customer's input!

4. I didn't tell you to patch the stable build. I just told you about an issue I ran across. You have limited manpower, I get it. You could've just said, 'OK PPanda, we got it. We'll look into it later.' Instead you just left me in the dark.

5. At my previous company we had about 16 people and only 3 people in tech support. The previous company followed the same rule as my current company (30000+ people). We actually care about our clients inputs.

6. Before I made this post I looked for similar issues in the 38.28 branch and found generator issues in MP. And as you know some issues have crossed over from SP to MP and vice versa. I then asked Hydro about this issue and he said he's seen it and said most likely vanilla issue.

7. I didn't tell you to install Hydrocraft to test this. It's obvious you should see if this is a vanilla issue since there already issues with generators in MP. As for me testing it, disabling mods will sometimes break your world and make it unplayable so it is not as simple as 'disable' mod. I had to create a new world to test this and had to run around trying to set everything up. It took time since the public doesn't have the same tools as developers. On that note I already found some issues with custom settings (new world creation) but hey I guess I'll keep them to myself now...

Hi, PPanda0421 it was kinda suggested that I (aka Sasha) issue a "pie" to indicate that the team is looking into the reported issue.  You know, to aid communication while not "clogging" the threads at the same time with repetitive messages :) I am sorry if you've (perhaps?) missed that notification but I assure you that I did not miss your report. 

The team has since - hopefully - fixed the issue for the future build. 

6 hours ago, Pandorea said:

Hi, PPanda0421 it was kinda suggested that I (aka Sasha) issue a "pie" to indicate that the team is looking into the reported issue.  You know, to aid communication while not "clogging" the threads at the same time with repetitive messages :) I am sorry if you've (perhaps?) missed that notification but I assure you that I did not miss your report. 

The team has since - hopefully - fixed the issue for the future build. 

Hi Pandorea thanks for the update and clarification. Yes I looked back at the timestamp and it seems you did react to my post with a pie. I did not know that a piece of pie meant 'we will look into it'. Are there ones for 'Not reproducible', 'Known bug', 'Already fixed in another branch', 'Known issue but no longer applies due to feature changes in upcoming build', etc? Anyways, I thought those reactions were similar to emoticons which don't mean anything. Perhaps I didn't poke around long enough to find the definitions of those reactions.

I still think a direct answer/reply is easier/more straightforward since you can also request for more details about an issue (when its still fresh in the users mind) and then we can communicate back and forth if needed. With this you'll also have a concrete history to work with in the future. Plus it'll also help new users who just want answers to problems and aren't familiar with the system.

Glad to know the issue is fixed in a future build. That's good enough for me as long as I'm properly informed.

Thanks.

14 hours ago, PPanda0421 said:

Hi Pandorea thanks for the update and clarification. Yes I looked back at the timestamp and it seems you did react to my post with a pie. I did not know that a piece of pie meant 'we will look into it'. Are there ones for 'Not reproducible', 'Known bug', 'Already fixed in another branch', 'Known issue but no longer applies due to feature changes in upcoming build', etc? Anyways, I thought those reactions were similar to emoticons which don't mean anything. Perhaps I didn't poke around long enough to find the definitions of those reactions.

I still think a direct answer/reply is easier/more straightforward since you can also request for more details about an issue (when its still fresh in the users mind) and then we can communicate back and forth if needed. With this you'll also have a concrete history to work with in the future. Plus it'll also help new users who just want answers to problems and aren't familiar with the system.

Glad to know the issue is fixed in a future build. That's good enough for me as long as I'm properly informed.

Thanks.

Hmm..it was brought to my attention that I might have been too hasty to claim the bug fixed :( It is MOD-related so there is only so much we can do and the team has looked into it on this end. The rest is up to the modder. You live and you learn, right? ;) Not sure if the  issue has been brought up in the dedicated thread either (Hydrocraft). 

Regarding "direct answer/reply is easier/more straightforward since you can also request for more details about an issue" - it's a matter of preference, I guess. Most of the time provided info is sufficient to check / reproduce the bug / add it to the bug tracker / answer player's question. In case more details are needed we just ask and the players are nice enough to share further details. That said, I like the idea of having more emoticons to communicate the state of things because it is faster than typing and doesn't take up space in the thread :). One day...

Happy gaming!

On 3/26/2018 at 9:07 AM, Pandorea said:

Regarding "direct answer/reply is easier/more straightforward since you can also request for more details about an issue" - it's a matter of preference, I guess. Most of the time provided info is sufficient to check / reproduce the bug / add it to the bug tracker / answer player's question. In case more details are needed we just ask and the players are nice enough to share further details. That said, I like the idea of having more emoticons to communicate the state of things because it is faster than typing and doesn't take up space in the thread :). One day...

I asked awhile back what the different reaction symbols meant, and never got a straight answer. I've always thought they were a way of showing "like" or "dislike" for someones post - it'd be great if someone from the forum/dev staff could post a prominent sticky for what they mean, so we are all on the same page?

Shin

1 hour ago, Shinjitsu noDeshi said:

I asked awhile back what the different reaction symbols meant, and never got a straight answer. I've always thought they were a way of showing "like" or "dislike" for someones post - it'd be great if someone from the forum/dev staff could post a prominent sticky for what they mean, so we are all on the same page?

Shin

I just gave you a (piece of) pie which apparently means that I am looking at the reported issue! :). 

Just kidding. What you said makes perfect sense.

On 3/27/2018 at 6:25 PM, Shinjitsu noDeshi said:

Shin

Other than pie from a dev meaning your report has been received, I don't think any of them have any particular meaning. Nor do I think they should! I love the ambiguity.

My personal system though:

Heart = like

Spiffo = super like

Pie = good practical idea like

Pillow = more or less playful pillow to the face because you made a bad joke, delivered bad news, or made a comment I really don't agree with.

*EDIT* Hahahahaha thanks to the four people who have since pillowed this comment

Edited by trombonaught

Эх. Мужики! Машины это хорошо, но как там анимации?) Я надеюсь, когда доделаете машины, возьметесь за анимации.

EN:

Eh. Guys! The machines are good, but what about the animation?) I hope when you finish the machines, take on the animation.

Edited by Хибити\Hibiti [BLR]

Я надеюсь вы исправите файлы перевода, чтобы можно было перевести названия мебели и объектов.
Также отсутствуют строки: Upgrade Wall lvl 2, 3.

EN:

I hope you fix the translation files so that you can translate the names of furniture and objects.
Also there are no lines: Upgrade Wal lvl 2, 3

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/26/2018 at 7:07 AM, Pandorea said:

Hmm..it was brought to my attention that I might have been too hasty to claim the bug fixed :( It is MOD-related so there is only so much we can do and the team has looked into it on this end. The rest is up to the modder. You live and you learn, right? ;) Not sure if the  issue has been brought up in the dedicated thread either (Hydrocraft). 

Happy gaming!

Pandorea, just an update. I switched to the IWBUMS branch (to try out the new vehicles) and the issue is no longer there even though I am using all the same mods as before except for one. The mod I excluded this time was the driving cars mod since the IWBUMS branch contains the vehicles update.

However, previously during my testing when I disabled the driving cars mod on the stable 38.30 branch the issue was still there. So I think something was changed in the vehicles branch to fix my generator issue.

Anyways, I must say the new vehicles feature is exciting/impressive! :). *pats the backs of TIS team*

Though it is weird to find car keys on the ground (almost everywhere) and I still haven't found a wrench yet...sigh.

• 2 weeks later...

PPanda, the newbie who helped you is actually an official TIS member by the way, it was mentioned that "beard" would be joining the support team in the last dev newsletter. Just an FYI!

Edited by PintLasher
changed context

6 hours ago, PintLasher said:

PPanda, the newbie who helped you is actually an official TIS member by the way, it was mentioned that "beard" would be joining the support team in the last dev newsletter. Just an FYI!

Don't really want to open up an old would but the main issue was lack of communication (even an ACK would be fine) and the attitude that followed it. But it was mainly the attitude that triggered me. It's all good now.

Anyways the issue was resolved in a different branch (the current IWBUMS).

*Applies bandage back on wound*