ORGM Rechambered
12 12

366 posts in this topic

So how far are you with the next version of ORGM? I feel like you are waiting for build 41 to release it :P

maybe its not a bad idea, I think iwbums 41 is soon^^

perhaps mars/april

9 minutes ago, josko_91 said:

So how far are you with the next version of ORGM?

Next update was supposed to be more of a patch, few bugfixes and features that didn't make it in time for last release. Its not that I'm waiting, just I haven't had time to finish it off. Its mostly done just need some changes to the new tooltip designs and polishing off the code.

Sweet! Looking forward to the next version and the changelog!

Btw, are you planing to make new animations when the anim tools get released? Its something I have been thinking about for a long time, if there is a vanilla animation I dont like, I want to try and make a better one or so something specific to ORGM. 

For example, realistic reload animations, have magazine pouches visibly equiped on the character and seeing the character take one of the magazines to reload.

Same with handgun holsters, when weapon is not equiped it is holstered being visible and if you dont have a holster, the character puts the gun behind his pants like in movies :P

now, I dont know what animations they will add and if they will look good but there will certainly be weapon animations that can be made to look cooler and realistic!

very excited to see how it all will turn out to be :)

hopefully, creating brand new animations shouldnt be too hard :P

Posted (edited)

v3.09.2-Stable is up.

Major features include merging of Filibuster Rhyme's awesome models, all models now properly match the firearm.

New tooltips! 4 styles to choose from: classic (the old style), full (much more informative with colored bars), numeric (raw numbers instead of bars), and a dynamic style that changes the information shown as you level (this style is a WIP prototype, and will probably change in the future). In Multiplayer the tooltiip style is set by the server's options.

Mechanics tweaks and additional configuration options.

Fully update RU, CH and CN translations, thanks to Lotus Elise (RU) and Cleave (CH, CN)

Full changelog:

Spoiler

* New Tooltips for firearms and attachments! In 4 (yes, 4) optional styles:

Classic: The old style. Please note Classic will be replaced in the future by "Minimal"

Full: The new default style. Bars are displayed for a number of various stats, with
bar color changing from red to green depending on that stats value (bad/good)

Numeric: Identical to "Full", but shows colored numeric values instead of bars.

Dynamic: swings from 'Minimal' to 'Full' to 'Numeric' depending on a players skill level.

Important Notes: The info displayed, and the specifics of the dynamic-style are not finalized.
This is a preview. Also damage and range will NOT show on a firearm until it has had a round
in the chamber.

* Added tons of new models by Filibuster Rhymes. All models have now been updated!

* Decreased capacity on Stevens 320 to 5 (was 8)

* Sorted options screen into groups

* Added full auto hit chance penalty to options screen

* Added sound multiplier option for Nolan's Silencer mod to control effectiveness of suppressors.

* Removed UseBarrelLengthModifiers setting. Barrel lengths are part of the core mechanics.

* Adjusted firearm rarity tables to fit better with the year. Less select fire variants spawning
in police stations.

* Adjusted Movement Bonus (AimTime) vs weight. Heavier weapons are now correctly harder to aim
while moving. Barrel length is now a highly important factor, with every inch subtracting 1 from
the bonus.

* Fixed bug in "Use Only" context menu

* Fixed bug in requesting server settings, not removing request event.

* Fixed bug in "Limit Manufacture Year" option not properly applying.

* Fixed missing manufacture year for SPAS-12

* Fixed Skorpion to have a select-fire switch (was full-auto only)

* Renamed PiercingBullets key to Penetration in ORGMData_Ammo.lua

Screenshots of the new tooltips in 'Full' style:

Spoiler

tooltip1.png.adb9d7e8a9c06b1274fcb90e2d1bd292.png

tooltip2.png.c2bb37639ef5d5674d2ab1a8005effd0.png

tooltip3.png.7fb106526ae9857687319a03711ce855.png

Edited by Fenris_Wolf

Sweet! Great work! Looks amazing <3

Can't wait to play this mod with the Animation update but that will probably be months away lol.

2 hours ago, josko_91 said:

Can't wait to play this mod with the Animation update but that will probably be months away lol.

Yep, and updates to ORGM to make it work. I decided since next time around I don't have to worry about breaking things like save compatibility, it was time to make some drastic changes to the mod. But given the effort involved in some of these changes, it may delay the release...so people might (good chance) will have to play anim build without ORGM for a while, least while its still in IWBUMS.

There's tons of crazy stuff in the works for v4 of the mod that will be worth the wait though. Multiple capacity magazines, Dozens of variants of each gun, different models offered by the manufacturer..with different barrel lengths, calibers and features (theres 20 colt anaconda's on the list alone!), including some extremely rare collectibles.

A new system is in place for generating many variants of a gun or magazine with minimal effort (other then research involved), and a powerful new spawn system to allow all these new variant without flooding and diluting the loot tables.

Just going to take a bit of time to hammer it all out.

Damn! That is sexy! Keep up the good work ^^

Honestly I dont understand why they dont make you part of the team and let you work on Orgm officially and add it to the main game :)

7 hours ago, josko_91 said:

and add it to the main game

We should hope not. Getting absorbed into the base would not be beneficial to the health of the mod:

The devs have stated "no real firearm model names" will appear.

Its designed to appeal to a specific audience, and some of the mechanics are overly complex for the base game. Much of it would need to be trimmed for the average user. Some of the code would without a doubt be useful, but a lot would have to go. The mod leans more in the favour of realism instead of easy playability.

Its insanely difficult to balance, so much that all stats for weapons has to be automated, and even then that's not enough. Several dozen configuration options had to be added.

By being outside the base game, it doesn't have to conform to the rest of the code, in syntax style, logic, or methods. The freedom to break these rules is where a lot of the mod's benefits and features come from.  As a mod, it doesn't need to fit anyone's visions or plans but my own.

I would actually prefer to go the other way and abstract it way from the base game as much as possible: only interfacing with pz's code at a few key chokepoints, making it easier to maintain across large pz changes and easier port the code to other projects in the future.

I could go on listing reasons. It really is better suited to a addon unless the game was specifically about guns. Staying as a mod it makes for a perfect test ground of what works and what doesn't. While some of the mods code would without a doubt be useful but i think the real value is what can be learned from the endless balancing and playtesting that has been done.

Yeah makes sense. I dont mind it being a mod but my point is, ORGM makes zomboid so much better, realistic and fun. Being able to find tons of different guns, magazines, having to put bullets into magazines and tons of different ammo caliber for each gun, I just love it and it's realistic, something I think zomboid aims to be and having guns not use real names but " pistol, shotgun, rifle " that's just so boring! But I think the reason why is licence for real gun names right? 

So in the end as you said, it's much better to have it as mod.

Everyone should have this mod imo, zomboid is not the same without it ^_^

Now with the release of the AnimTools and IWBUMS 41 itself, I see amazing times ahead! So many things I wanna try animate for ORGM, like having visible gun holsters, knive holsters, showing your shotgun/assault rifle/sniper/smg on your back with a sling being visible like the backpack will be. 

Then animate various reload animations, pretty much all gun related animations since TIS probably wont include weapon animations right away and ORGM will require some extra weapon animations like holding a magazine and load each bullet, attaching and detaching various weapon accessories.

Would love to create and animate an M134 Minigun and then giving it unique zombie death anims ^^

Modeling, texturing and animation probably goes hand in hand, so I would have to first create the Minigun model, then apply textures and then lastly work on animation for it.

Gonna be tons of work but it will be fun as hell and damn worth it :D

2 hours ago, sean said:

How to load bullet into magazine clip? 

Right click on the magazine, select "Reload", or use the hotkey 'G' to have it automatically select and reload a magazine in inventory that you have ammo for.

Does the same type of weapon have the same chance of spawning between them all? Say a desert eagle vs a glock.

3 minutes ago, Reblar said:

Does the same type of weapon have the same chance of spawning between them all? Say a desert eagle vs a glock.

Nope. Glocks are pretty common while the DE is relatively rare.

Another question, are guns spawning on dead zombies that spawn when the map generates supposed to be vanilla? Stuff in regular containers seems fine but all of these pre-made corpses seem to spawn vanilla guns.