ORGM Rechambered

Fenris_Wolf

Thank you for making this mod and adding direct download links! :) now gog users can enjoy this too!

as for 99% of all other mods for projzom on steam... :( please help us Fenris! maybe you can help us somehow? you just seem... I don't know? Is it silly for me to ask? Thank you for this though! you're really cool!

1 hour ago, bobthejob said:

Thank you for making this mod and adding direct download links! :) now gog users can enjoy this too!

as for 99% of all other mods for projzom on steam... :( please help us Fenris! maybe you can help us somehow?

Well, I am a GoG user. I do host some of the more popular ones on our site at times, but we have limited drive space over there.

On 11/13/2018 at 11:59 PM, Fenris_Wolf said:

Well, I am a GoG user. I do host some of the more popular ones on our site at times, but we have limited drive space over there.

"Our site"? what do you mean? you have a site?! :) Please tell me where so I can get your mods too! :o

last time I tried to download ORGM Rechambered it said the file was corrupt by the way. Trying again.

problem must have been on my end. works great! :) thank you!

Edited by bobthejob

• 2 weeks later...

So I reproduced the error I mentioned awhile back regarding the shotgun "Missing Magazine"....

Seems if you're reloading a weapon with a fixed (tube/box) magazine, and then select another weapon (that uses removable mags) before the first weapon is finished loading... That weapon will bug out and think it's magazine has been removed. This happens via Inventory screen..... and it's reversible via your reset to default function... However, this happened once before during normal game play somehow, (using radial, not inventory menu to switch) and was not able to reset to default. That instance was using a SPAS-12 select (semi/pump) set on semi.... not sure if that had anything to do with the permanent bug effect.

Seems with a Moss590 the [Reset to Default] fixes the issue.... Have not tested again with Spas-12 or similar.

One side effect is.... the first weapon will have the second weapons capacity if you use the [Full Ammo function] to load it....  Otherwise it cannot be loaded unless reset to default.

Oops not entirely accurate.... So I did it with a Moss590, and selected a Beretta93R, and the Moss only had a mutated capacity of 15. But when using an SKS, and selected the Ber93R before it completed loading, it ended up with a 19 round mutated capacity...  So, its not inheriting the capacity of the second weapon, but definitely still increasing.

1543405196855 -----------------------------------------
1543405196858 STACK TRACE
1543405196858 -----------------------------------------
1543405196859 function: convert -- file: ORGMReloadableWeapon.lua line # 533
1543405196860 function: setCurrent -- file: ORGMReloadableWeapon.lua line # 702
1543405196863 function: next -- file: ORGMReloadableWeapon.lua line # 669
1543405196864 function: close -- file: ORGMReloadableWeapon.lua line # 899
1543405196864 function: perform -- file: ORGMReloadableWeapon.lua line # 786
1543405196865 function: rackingPerform -- file: ISORGMWeapon.lua line # 315
1543405196866 function: perform -- file: ISRackAction.lua line # 23
java.lang.RuntimeException: attempted index: ammoType of non-table: null
        at se.krka.kahlua.vm.KahluaThread.tableget(KahluaThread.java:1654)
        at se.krka.kahlua.vm.KahluaThread.luaMainloop(KahluaThread.java:499)
        at se.krka.kahlua.vm.KahluaThread.call(KahluaThread.java:167)
        at se.krka.kahlua.vm.KahluaThread.pcall(KahluaThread.java:1922)
        at se.krka.kahlua.vm.KahluaThread.pcall(KahluaThread.java:1747)
        at se.krka.kahlua.integration.LuaCaller.pcall(LuaCaller.java:86)
        at zombie.characters.CharacterTimedActions.LuaTimedActionNew.perform(LuaTimedActionNew.java:80)
        at zombie.characters.IsoGameCharacter.update(IsoGameCharacter.java:10149)
        at zombie.characters.IsoPlayer.update(IsoPlayer.java:3109)
        at zombie.iso.IsoCell.ProcessObjects(IsoCell.java:2342)
        at zombie.iso.IsoCell.update(IsoCell.java:6201)
        at zombie.iso.IsoWorld.update(IsoWorld.java:3165)
        at zombie.gameStates.IngameState.update(IngameState.java:1365)
        at zombie.gameStates.GameStateMachine.update(GameStateMachine.java:101)
        at zombie.GameWindow.logic(GameWindow.java:688)
        at zombie.GameWindow.run(GameWindow.java:1314)
        at zombie.GameWindow.maina(GameWindow.java:1090)
        at zombie.gameStates.MainScreenState.main(MainScreenState.java:184)

Edited by Arsenal26
I mean Spas-12 not Benelli

2 hours ago, Arsenal26 said:

Seems if you're reloading a weapon with a fixed (tube/box) magazine, and then select another weapon (that uses removable mags) before the first weapon is finished loading.

you're using a controller if i remember right? i tried this multiple ways attempting to reproduce without luck before.

Seems with a Moss590 the [Reset to Default] fixes the issue.... Have not tested again with Spas-12 or similar.

Should work with the spas with the fix that was implemented a while back

Oops not entirely accurate....

max capacity is actually stored in a few different places.

Firearms/reloadables in PZ are very strange (from a code perspective). You have the actual inventory item (it has a clipsize and ammotype attributes).

Then theres that item's ModData, a lua table that holds all the information like current capacity, max capacity, ammo types..and all the other stuff like if a mag is inserted etc.
Then theres the 'Reloadable Object', a abstract temporary representation of the ModData that is used when reloading, firing, etc. variables are constantly synced between the ModData, and the Reloadable Object. At some point (the bug) PZ is discarding this temporary reloadable object, creating a new one for the new item, and then syncing the previous objects ModData with the new reloadable object's variables.

Best way to check a weapons state is the context menu "Print Debug Info", that will dump everything to the console. It prints the stats for the InventoryItem, the variables in the item's ModData, and the current Reloadable Object for that weapon.

Ahhh...  damn gamepad... but was able to reproduce with KB/Mouse also. Although it wouldn't really ever happen accidentally using KBM. Ur correct in that gamepad use is why it happens because there isn't any drag & drop, so we're always right clicking stuff to get further options....

From inventory view... [RIGHT click] first weapon to bring up options, left click [RELOAD].

Before it finishes, [RIGHT click] another weapon..... reloading will stop immediately and the result is magazine missing + altered capacity...

It wont happen if you [LEFT click] the second weapon...

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/7/2018 at 12:18 PM, josko_91 said:

when is the next version ready man??

Probably not til sometime next month. Its mostly ready but I don't have the time to finish it off right now. Next update is mostly just cosmetics (rest of the models replaced with Filibuster's, new tooltips).

More guns, eventually. When the mod is ready for more. Theres a huge todo list to tackle first. Which ones? I don't know atm.

Theres also huge list of requests from over the years that has built up, but what will be added is going to depend on whats practical at the time (ie: what models we got done & what the mod needs for balancing or due to commonality). Honestly the first additions will probably be more break barrel shotguns. Right now theres only the beretta silverhawk and it shouldn't event be there since it came out after 1993.

So likely some .410g and 10g, various singleshot and doublebarrels, and a nice bolt-action slug gun for the 10g. No spoilers on which one. ;)

Thanks for taking the time write all this info, hugely appreciate it <3

This mod makes pz 100000 times better, cant wait to see how it evolves after animation update is out, but I have had plans to make animation for every action for this mod once the anim tools get released, who knows maybe im awesome at animation rather than coding lul!

Would be fun to add something huge like a Browning M2 .50 cal machinegun!

I think that would be my first anim project, man that would be damn fun having one in the game and blasting away the zombies, ofcourse the zombies would need special death animation when hit by a .50 cal bullet :D

probably a huge project

• 3 weeks later...

Splendid work!Been here since the beginning.Seeing how there are many WWII era guns,we ever going to see the M1918(30-06) or some other classics? like an MG-42(caliber might be an issue,maybe a 7.62x51 MG-3,blasting zombies at 1200rpm sounds too much fun),or PPSH's(9mm conversions),or a M1928 Tommy gun?On a side note,I am very well versed on firearms,and can provide any information/specifics to help your project

Edited by ArtyomChambers
Grammar

On 1/5/2019 at 7:11 AM, ArtyomChambers said:

Seeing how there are many WWII era guns,we ever going to see the M1918(30-06) or some other classics?

Answered (sort of) 4 posts up:

On 12/8/2018 at 5:27 PM, Fenris_Wolf said:

More guns, eventually. When the mod is ready for more. Theres a huge todo list to tackle first. Which ones? I don't know atm.

Theres also huge list of requests from over the years that has built up, but what will be added is going to depend on whats practical at the time (ie: what models we got done & what the mod needs for balancing or due to commonality). Honestly the first additions will probably be more break barrel shotguns. Right now theres only the beretta silverhawk and it shouldn't event be there since it came out after 1993.

The Thompson is in there already, but its the M1A1 version not the 1928

Yeah the 1928 version of tommygun would be very nice to have! Drum mags holding 50 to 100 rounds.

Can't wait for ORGM  3.10 :D

Hope its ready soon.

Also I think you should double the BB guns ammo from 250 to 500, because 250 is way too little. The same with all ammo canisters that isnt 500 already like .223, 5.56x45 etc.

I did this on my copy of ORGM and it feels alot better. You get that AW yeah baby feeling when you find a rare ammo can with just the caliber you need with 500 rounds. 200/250 is too little :P

20 hours ago, josko_91 said:

The same with all ammo canisters that isnt 500 already like .223, 5.56x45 etc.

In truth I'm not happy with the current box and canister counts, however its not something that can be easily changed (in theory, yes its easy), but the number of players and servers that have their loot balanced would suddenly have the ammo counts doubled. Easier to just change the ammo spawn settings in orgm's options.

If you do change the ammo count for cans and boxes in your files though, it needs to be done in the scripts/*.txt files, AND the lua/shared/4LoadOrder/ORGMData_Ammo.lua, also note the weight of the canisters matches the ammo contained..those 250 12g canisters weigh in at 10 each, so a 500 should weigh 20.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Maris said:

What is best weapon in pvp?

Thats kind of like asking whats the best gun to shoot someone with IRL ;)

Its going to depend on situation. But in general, you're going to want to maximize damage as fast as possible which means any of the .308/7.62 battle rifles. The heavier ones are better in full auto since it absorbs recoil, but a major drawback in semi auto mode.

Its also really going to depend on factors such as accuracy...if your expecting to miss a number of shots or fighting multiple targets it might be worth using a 5.56 M-16 (or similar) instead, so you've got 30 round mags instead of 20 (less time wasted reloading).

If you really need to engage multiple targets then the M249 since its got that 200 round belt, its heavy as hell so doesn't suffer as much accuracy penalty in full auto. The main drawback is the shorter 18" barrel will do slightly less damage then a 20" M-16, and substantially less then a 20+ inch 7.62mm

Hello. First of all I would like to thank you for making this mod. It is one of 3 mods that are must have for all of my zomboid games.

But I am not a gun expert or anything like it. I did google the diference of FMJ and HP ammo but I am not sure what is better for zombies here? And I know rifles for long range and pistols and shootguns for short range. But other than the clip size I am not sure how is one weapon better than the other? 

Thank you

2 hours ago, LegionDiablo said:

FMJ and HP ammo but I am not sure what is better for zombies here?

It really depends. To quote myself from the workshop page comments:

FMJ = Full metal jacket, designed to retain its shape when it hits the target for maximum penetration
HP = Hollow point, designed to deform and expand when it hits the target, limiting penetration but increasing tissue damage.

In game these work basically like the description above. If you want max damage, use HP (ideal for pvp, small hordes). If you want to try and nail a bunch of zombies in a line (like a large horde) use FMJ.

2 hours ago, LegionDiablo said:

And I know rifles for long range and pistols and shootguns for short range. But other than the clip size I am not sure how is one weapon better than the other? 

Its entirely subjective. Are you trying to maximize damage? Range? Recoil? Accuracy? Rate of fire? Ease of carry? The way the mod works factoring numerous variables when setting up a guns stats (especially when adding attachments) makes deciding which is 'best for a specific job a very blurry line, and best left to personal experience and preference.

With that said there is 3 main points you should look at when evaluating a weapon:

1) The caliber. Larger caliber bullets tend to hit harder in general as well as generate more recoil. Rifle calibers tend to hit even hard and have more penetration and range then pistol calibers. They also generate more recoil, but this is usually offset by the weight. Larger calibers also generally means smaller magazine sizes. How good is your aim? Can you afford having less rounds in a crisis?

2) The barrel length. This can be seen in the inspection window. Longer barrels do more damage and have more range then the same caliber from a shorter barrel and generate less recoil, but also have more weight. The added weight may make the firearm more awkward and slower to use (this might be offset by the gun generating less recoil).

3) The weight of the firearm. As suggested by the above 2 points, weight is a important factor. Heavier guns tend to kick less but are slower to aim, thus having a direct effect on Rate of Fire (or if using full auto mode: Accuracy). Adding attachments can change the weight (either more or less).

Just like IRL, the only way to truly tell which is the best gun for you is by testing various setups ;)

So HP more for killing a single zombie and FMJ uf I want to try to make a multikill FMJ would be a better option for hordes I guess.

Thank you very much for the long and a detiled reply. I really love the mod and I try to try out a diferent gun every now and then. So far it was hard to decide what would I consider better than the other. I'm still far from expert at the game and I have added this and hydrocraft mod to my game. The amount of content and things to do is far larger than most of the games I have played.

Hey, Love the mod but I can't really seem to get it to work properly!

I'd like to be able to use the Hardcore reloading on my little 2 player MP-server, but I can't figure it out.

A couple of things keep happening.

If I find a weapon with a magazine and ammunition in it, I can remove the magazine and reinsert it.

I can unload the magazine that was initially in it, and reload the ammunition as well.

However, I cannot load ammunition into the magazine that was not initially in it, nor can I use a separate magazine for the firearm other than the one that was included with the scavenged gun. 

I cannot change the Benelli's firing mode from pump to semi without disappearing the gun entirely.

Some 9x19mm guns can be loaded with either FMJ or HP ammunition, but not standard 9x19mm ammunition.

I switched the entire thing to easy reload, and it's behaving much better, but it kind of dashes the interesting parts of the guns in this game, so I'd like to go hardcore if we could!

Thanks for the help!

Hi,

1. There is an kevlar armor 'set' in Hydrocraft (Kevlar Arm Guards, Kevlar Armor, Kevlar Gloves, Kevlar Helmet, Kevlar Leg Guards).

Each kevlar item has attribute like "chance to block Bullets on the Head/Arms etc. - 90%.

My first question: Is there any point of using FMJ bullets against player equipped with that armor or shots will be blocked no matter what ammo i use?

2. Lets take some ammo data from ORGM/media/lua/shared/4DataFiles/ORGMData_Ammo.lua

M16

"Ammo_556x45mm_FMJ - MinDamage = 1.4, MaxDamage = 2.4", PiercingBullets = 75

"Ammo_556x45mm_HP - MinDamage = 1.8, MaxDamage = 2.4", PiercingBullets = 15

I assume that avg FMJ damage is (1.4+2.4)/2 = 1.9 and avg HP damage is (1.8+2.4)/2 = 2.1

and KAC SR-25 ammo

"Ammo_762x51mm_FMJ - MinDamage = 1.4, MaxDamage = 2.6", PiercingBullets = 80

"Ammo_762x51mm_HP - MinDamage = 1.8, MaxDamage = 2.6", PiercingBullets = 20

Avg FMJ damage is (1.4+2.6)/2 = 2 and avg HP damage is (1.8+2.6)/2 = 2.2

My second question: Is avg dmg difference between FMJ and HP only like 10%, which with 4x less pierce makes HP ammo rather useless  ?

8 hours ago, rileylungmus said:

Hey, Love the mod but I can't really seem to get it to work properly!

Not sure whats going on there. Without more info (pz version, orgm version, console logs etc) i couldn't even begin to imagine. But it sounds like theres some serious corruption or possibly conflicts going on with other mods, or even a VERY outdated (legacy) ORGM version. Changing reloading difficulty would not cause or make those problems go away, 'easy' reloading doesn't even work with ORGM, It should be behaving as if normal was selected. (magazines required but automatically racks)

58 minutes ago, Vengo said:

My first question: Is there any point of using FMJ bullets against player equipped with that armor or shots will be blocked no matter what ammo i use?

The armor system is fundamentally flawed. The fact that it offers 90% stopping power vs both a 9mm or a .308 shows this. It doesn't take into account caliber (even the vanilla ones), ORGM's penetration is also ignored. These changes were added to ORGM long after the armor mod was added to HC, but that doesn't change the fact the armor is a crude and unrealistic system in the first place.

1 hour ago, Vengo said:

My second question: Is avg dmg difference between FMJ and HP only like 10%, which with 4x less pierce makes HP ammo rather useless  ?

The damages you see in the file are only a rough comparison. It will end up passing through multiple modifiers (both increasing and decreasing the value), inside the mod code, and the java.

The use of FMJ/HP in many cases will not matter especially with the larger calibers since they do so much already... BUT when it comes to lower power calibers (.22LR, .32ACP, etc) that extra bit of damage can make all the difference. Of those calibers I don't usually even bother using the FMJ's they just don't have the stopping power.

But really, your first question also answers your second: In pvp (especially with HC armor), FMJ is useless, and HP is the ideal ammo.

For now the only advantage of FMJ is the multi-kill shots which requires your targets to be in a line (or horde). The FMJ is generally considered more 'bulk' ammo with the HP more prized (even more so on pvp servers).

Personally I load depending on what I intend the gun for. As I travel around our server I generally keep 3-4 guns on me (usually 2 on me rest in vehicle):

* A shotgun (obviously). This is most likely left in vehicle with 00 Buck for emergencies. Often a Benelli with at least a 20" barrel.
* A 5.56mm assault rifle or 7.62mm battle rifle, loaded with FMJ. This is my main go-to gun, used for general horde killing chaos.

* A 7.62mm battle rifle (or if already using a 7.62 for my main, spare mags), loaded with HP. Exclusively for PvP.

* A pistol or SMG as a backup, loaded with HP. I don't intend to be killing large hordes, this gun is mostly for saving my main gun's ammo. Since this is a pistol caliber AND short barreled, I want to maximize damage and only use FMJ when I don't have enough HP rounds.