ORGM Rechambered

Fenris_Wolf

11 hours ago, Fenris_Wolf said:

Theres no scroll bars in the window, but you can scroll down with the mouse wheel

Damn.... my logitec Trackman isn't doing it... ah well.

On another note, I noticed that while in-vehicle, my handgun and Spas12 do not have Movement penalty, and other long guns are penalized...  I was wondering if this was something you implemented, or if it was original aiming mechanics...

Either way, I think it's great in terms of balance...  One issue I noticed was an M16 suffered nearly no penalty in-vehicle... it was a 20" if that has anything to do with the calcs...

Which leads to my question.... is this penalty based on weapon OAL ?  or is it based on grip type ? (pistol grip vs. rifle stock)

Also, I noticed that while jumping in and out of the car while move time penalty is still burning off so-to-speak... results in different in-vehicle penalty values... On some instances, if I jump in the car with just the right timing, no in-vehicle penalty appears in the debug display...

I like the FullAutoHitChanceAdjustment btw

And I like the direction that vehicle penalty takes it as well...

Edited by Arsenal26
spelling

8 minutes ago, Arsenal26 said:

On another note, I noticed that while in-vehicle, my handgun and Spas12 do not have Movement penalty, and other long guns are penalized...  I was wondering if this was something you implemented, or if it was original aiming mechanics...

Its not actually based on the gun, but odd behavior of the original mechanics (I should probably make a mention of it with the devs).

The movement penalty is based on the time you've been moving (reduced by the weapon's AimingTime), and decreases as you stand still. When you get in a vehicle this rise/drop freezes. If you run up to a car and quickly jump in the drivers seat, your stuck with that penalty. If you stand still for a few seconds before getting in, it drops to 0 and you're all good.

Edited by Fenris_Wolf

Ahhh so it is...  Strange, earlier I could have sworn I let the move time go to zero and still got a penalty with several long guns, so I was hopeful it was in the mechanics intentionally to balance trying to use rifles while driving...

We're it intentional however, the penalty should be more severe when rolling, and still present but less if stopped and merely sitting in a vehicle...

v3.09-beta-rc2 is up.

Changes from previous beta-rc1:

* Total number of rounds fired from a gun now displayed in the inspection window.

* Fixed bug in spawning maintenance kits in hunting lodge.

* Add fix for MP sounds in build 40 IWBUMS branch.

* Fixed raging bull capacity being assigned to wrong revolver.

On another note, I discovered this little gem the other day: A rather good introduction/video tutorial for ORGM, created by Ghul King

On 9/24/2018 at 2:51 AM, Newt said:

Any chance you might add silencers directly into this mod? The steam version of the silencer for ORGM has not been updated, and I'd really like to use this mod. As it is right not it's not worth the risk to fire at all.

Sorry late response, guess it took some time for the initial post to be approved.

The silencer mod doesn't actually need to be updated. Theres a patch for it built right into ORGM, and the patch basically overwrites every aspect of the suppressor code to ensure it functions properly anyways.

I may at a later date add them directly as a optional feature, but only once I can do so in a realistic fashion that fits in with the mod:

* requiring threaded barrels

* different suppressors for bullet diameters/calibers

* breaking sound radius into 2 parts: unburnt gas escaping the barrel (the part the suppressor traps), and the sonic boom (requiring subsonic ammo to silence)

Just checking, is there a known solution to textures not showing up? I am on 39 stable,  Steam ORGM release (with Silencers addon, no Necroforge), on iMac / iOS Mojave and I have proper models for all the weapons, but no textures - all the guns are just white/slight pink models.

Just checking if there is a fix by now for this? Watching the above YT video, it kinda makes me sad all my weapons are white and missing textures...:/

1 hour ago, jonaleks said:

Just checking if there is a fix by now for this?

Sadly no. Its been driving me nuts as well since I shifted the development back to a linux system I also get this issue. Just can't seem to track down the cause of it. But rest assured since I'm also effected its not a issue thats being ignored.

v3.09-stable is up!

Tons of little changes and fixes from the previous beta.

Complete changelog is here:

Spoiler
  • Complete code restructuring with a focus on performance optimization and code consistency.

• Full html API documentation.

• Due to new mechanics in effect (see below), the Damage Multiplier setting now defaults to 0.6 instead of 0.5. Users of previous ORGM versions will have to manually adjust the setting in the PZ options screen ORGM tab. Dedicated servers will have to edit their ORGM.ini (if it exists).

• Firearms now spawn with varying barrel lengths, based on factory options that were produced by the manufacturer. These lengths effect the weight of the weapon and indirectly, all the weapon stats that are effected by weight. The new barrel length mechanic also has a direct effect on damage, range and recoil of the firearm. Lower lengths release more unburnt gas producing lower velocity bullets (damage/range) and generate more recoil.

• Firearms stats are now effected by the action type/feed system. With automatics some of the pressure in the chamber is redirected to drive the automatic feed system, resulting in slightly lower bullet velocity for a similar length barrel in a non-automatic. The end result is slightly less damage and range. However, recoil is reduced by a amount based on what type of automatic bolt it uses.

• Player strength now effects recoil.

• Added new options to options screen for configuration of hit and critical chances, and enabling/disabling the new barrel length modifiers, and disabling full auto fire.

• Added support for Snake’s Military Complex Mod

• Added Admin context submenu for firearms: Debug weapon - prints all firearm info to console Reset to defaults - resets all ModData on the firearm

• Added multiple new advanced settings in the ORGM.ini for controlling how the dynamic stats system for firearms handles. These advanced settings are not shown in the PZ options screen ORGM tab.

• Added verbose logging level (more detailed then debug)

• Added RU translations by Lotus

• Added partial CN and CH translations by Cleave

• New models for the AR-10, AR-15, M-16, M4, SR-25 and R-25. Handcrafted by the excellent Filibuster Rhymes!

• Added total rounds fired to the Inspection Window.

• Changed Glock22 magazine capacity to 15 (was 10)

• Changed cylinder capacity of the Raging Bull to 5 (was 6)

• Changed Display Name of ‘.45 Colt’ ammo to its proper name ‘.45 Long Colt’

• Increased damage for 7.62x39mm, .30-06, .30-30

• Increased recoil for .30-06, .357

• Slightly reduced penetration for .45ACP FMJ

• Increased sound radius from 10% to 20% for Nolan’s ORGM Silencer mod.

• Moved all recipes to a ‘ORGM’ tab in the build window.

• Moved All english (default) DisplayNames to Items_EN.txt translation file. This fixes a bug for other languages not being able to translate names that had a - in the name, as well as sets up a template of all items for future languages.

• Corrected R-25 magazine capacity to 4 (was 10)

• Fixed issue with Reload Time, Rack Time and Magazine Reload Time options requiring PZ to be restarted to have a effect.

• Fixed bug causing error when breaking out a reload timed action by firing a shot.

• Fixed Light Source hotkey not activating vehicle headlights.

• Fixed bug in police storage spawning where wrong modifier was applied to weapon rarity chances.

• Fixed .44 Magnum FMJ Recoil to match HP

• Fixed 2 handed weapons only getting equipped in primary on login

• Fixed issue when reloading with speed loaders and stripper clips.

• Fixed bug with detail tab on inspection window always saying the hammer was cocked.

• Fixed issue when trying to spawn a random gun from a empty rarity table.

• Fixed issue with firearm stats/weight not being properly adjusted when attaching or removing components.

• Fixed recipes for converting base game ammo boxes to ORGM ammo to return the correct amount of rounds.

• Fixed model textures not displaying on Linux (and hopefully Mac)

• Fixed issue dry firing revolvers cycled through the chambers too fast.

• Fixed wrong variable check when dry firing.

• Fixed InspectionWindow debug tab not properly listing half loaded revolvers.

Workshop will be updated as soon as I can coordinate it with OrMntMan

Hey Fenris,

Strange thing happened with the SPAS12 twice now... 

First time I could not reload it, and the [reload] menu option was replaced with [eject magazine]

Which resulted in a stuck weapon since it has no detachable mag...

Second time, just now... the [reload] option is just missing completely from the menu, and shortcut key does nothing.

On inspection, on the Details tab, it does indicate - "Magazine is missing"

Admittedly, I'm going for the trigger as it's loading sometimes....  hehe....

AHHH I BROKE MY SHOTGUN!!!

3 minutes ago, Arsenal26 said:

Strange thing happened with the SPAS12 twice now... 

I think theres something funky going on with pz's ReloadManager but i'm not sure where the fault is...this bug occasionally pops up but I've never been able to reliably reproduce it to track it down. I think it just seems to get confused sometimes as to which is the player's current ReloadableWeapon. Its...irritating to say the least. Going to have to do some serious digging though the code see if i can spot the issue.

At any rate, if your still using the mod with the 'Debug = true' flag in the .ini file, right click on the weapon in your hand > Admin > reset to default

21 minutes ago, Fenris_Wolf said:

At any rate, if your still using the mod with the 'Debug = true' flag in the .ini file, right click on the weapon in your hand > Admin > reset to default

hmm... tried that a couple times, no change...   still says magazine missing...

Something to do with the multi semi/pump mode ?

Do you think using a standard pump would be more reliable in the mean time ?

4 minutes ago, Arsenal26 said:

tried that a couple times, no change

Ah, thanks. You just found another bug for me, since that should have fixed it..,,patching that one now.

Not sure swapping to pump will be any more reliable. I tend to use the benelli m3 in semi auto mode instead of pump and never seem to be able produce this bug.

1 hour ago, Fenris_Wolf said:

Ah, thanks. You just found another bug for me, since that should have fixed it..,,patching that one now.

Not sure swapping to pump will be any more reliable. I tend to use the benelli m3 in semi auto mode instead of pump and never seem to be able produce this bug.

That's what I do.... Button mash games until they break...  haha

I'll try to pay better attention to what i'm mashing just before this happens next time...  I did switch to a Mossy tho

Ok not sure if this is PZ reload manager as you mentioned above.... but Second time I've noticed this happen as well...

While picking up or trying to load certain types of ammo they turn into Canisters!

Had two .223 rounds turn into canisters which I was able to empty into 500 rounds and load into magazines.

This example of 30-06 was simply from picking up the HP type off a shelf... As soon as it hit my inventory it turned into Canisters, but i'm certain they were boxes on the shelf...

On closer inspection, the Boxes and Canisters seem to be stacking in the same item type... Other than the stacking in this case, unboxing, re-boxing, emptying, etc... all seem to work with no extra rounds produced as in the .223 occurrence..

Come to think of it.... while playing yesterday, off loading a truckload of ammo, I could have sworn I had 7 canisters disappear into a lesser amount.... perhaps they were merged in with boxes like this 30-06 example...

CANISTERBUG.jpg

Edited by Arsenal26
to edit something

1 hour ago, Arsenal26 said:

While picking up or trying to load certain types of ammo they turn into Canisters!

:huh:

You've definitely got something screwy going on with your game...that just shouldn't be... picking up ammo shouldn't change, thats not something orgm hooks into. Not to mention that canister image in the stack showing on a item labelled 'box'.

I've never seen anything like that, I cant even fathom how that would be possible unless some other mod is causing some SERIOUS conflict or your game is just corrupted to hell...and even then.... wtf.

I'm just speechless on that one :huh:

I noticed all .223_HP boxes do not say "Box"... just HP Rounds...

Disabled all other mods, and bug remains...   So if I grab a box into inventory, then unbox another box, they will end up in the same stack with a count of 26....  25 rounds, and one box (that is labelled "HP Rounds") Other than stacking with the Rounds, the box works as it should.... Unboxes, etc...

These are the only two ammo calibers that exhibit this weirdness...  Other calibers I've used seem okay...

223bug.jpg

4 minutes ago, Arsenal26 said:

I noticed all .223_HP boxes do not say "Box"... just HP Rounds

that was actually helpful just found the issue, it was with the display names...I had changed them to make translations easier, I'll have to go through the file with a fine toothed comb in the morning and upload a patch with the other fixes and updates i've made

v3.09.1-stable is now up.

More models by Filibuster Rhymes!

Fixed bug in "reset to defaults" context menu not fixing obscure magazine bug

Renamed Mossberg 590 sawnoff version to 590A1 (you cant really saw off this one) and removed recipe

Increased capacity of 590 and 590A1 to 8+1 and 7+1

Fixed barrel length of 590 to correct 20"

Fixed display names for .223 and .30-06 hp boxes and cans

Hey.

Where can I see detailed information on weapons such as:
http://ormtnman-real-guns-mod.wikia.com/wiki/Weapons
There is information - build 32 of 12/09/17
  To understand in numbers what the base damage of guns. On the game strips, it is sometimes very difficult to understand (the impact on the damage weapons - modules, cartridges ...)
It is a pity that the game does not have information about damage/range/"loudness" in numbers, and there would be changes from modules / silencer.

Edited by Elmore

40 minutes ago, Elmore said:

To understand in numbers what the base damage of guns.

This is a particularly difficult problem to list in wiki pages. Unlike the older versions of the mod (and the vanilla PZ), the damage values are not hardcoded. In fact damage (as well as other attributes) is based on a number of factors:

1) the damage multiplier in your ORGM settings

2) the caliber of the ammo, and the bullet type (FMJ, HP)

3) the length of the barrel on the firearm (most firearms that spawn can have different lengths: the AR-15 can be a 16", 20" or 24")

4) the action type/feed system of the firearm (automatics absorb some pressure, reducing bullet velocity, therefor range and damage)

When a round is fed into the chamber, it checks all these things above and applies a mathematical function to calculate stats such as damage, range, recoil, etc. So its quite impossible to list these values on a website or wiki page.

If you're really curious you can edit your ORGM.ini file, and add "Debug = true" into it. Doing that will create a new tab on the Inspection Window showing raw numeric values for all the stats.

57 minutes ago, Elmore said:

It is a pity that the game does not have information about damage/range/"loudness" in numbers, and there would be changes from modules / silencer.

Personally I like the fact it doesn't display this info by default. These numbers are not something a person would know exactly as they can be effected by variety of conditions and factors.

None of the attachments currently effect the damage stats, except for shotgun chokes.

I understand your point of view. The mod is made for maximum realism.
 Here is something that needs to be “finalized” and why the “numbers” here, as for me, are necessary:
There are many modules and this is great, even in several types for a single weapon slot!
 But how to understand what is more effective from this in % and where are there any advantages (for different situations/playing styles, etc.) if there is no exact data?
 I think the overwhelming majority of players will simply use the “about the best / any suitable” available to choose from, without really bothering. It is because they have no data for a deliberate choice - and this seems to me to be wrong. The importance and availability of this variety of modules and the need/choice are almost completely lost. Changing 0-5 modules on a shotgun, the game strips of damage and range do not even move.
 In games, therefore, there are always numerical values, so that the player can think, analyze, choose. Or other visual designations that are not appropriate in this case.
 The mod is great, but for example, I know nothing about the types of bullets. Seeing such a variety in the game (mod) - used Google, found a hunting site that describes the difference of bullets, carefully read it and concluded that I will simply ignore their diversity. This is not very pleasant, but there is no data on the basis of which in the game you can simply determine for which situations to use these or other bullets.

A very rough example - if for each type of bullets there was indicated something like +- % to the base damage to the weapon in the description (or else it was added under what conditions this % changes), then it is already possible to draw conclusions and choose. Similarly with modules.

It must be remembered that players have very little knowledge of real weapons, ammunition, etc. And for them you need to adapt the mod, for example by adding information in numbers, which can be disabled if desired.

You can specify the base value of changes and in addition how much % this value will change in a certain situation (if there are several influences, you can specify an average % for each situation - indicating that % is average (in color, text))

Edited by Elmore

27 minutes ago, Elmore said:

But how to understand what is more effective from this in % and where are there any advantages (for different situations/playing styles, etc.) if there is no exact data?

Having exact data for attachments would be near pointless at this time anyways and rarely works into something that can be expressed in a simple % value.

I'm constantly rebalancing things, and planning on completely redoing the attachment system in the future. However, all of this data does exist in the media/lua/shared/4LoadOrder folder, and is fairly simple to browse. But quite honestly most people don't understand the mechanics behind the mod's calculations so the data itself is probably of fairly little use.

31 minutes ago, Elmore said:

Changing 0-5 modules on a shotgun, the game strips of damage and range do not even move.

Thats because these really have no effect on damage, and only the scopes effect range at all. The effects of the others are more subtle.

33 minutes ago, Elmore said:

It must be remembered that players have very little knowledge of real weapons, ammunition, etc. And for them you need to adapt the mod

I'm sorry but I strongly disagree with this. This mod is not intended for those with little or none firearms knowledge. Its not designed for the average gamer that simply wants more "realistically named guns" or to "min/maximize" their characters.

It is specifically intended for the firearm enthusiasts which is why it has such a focus on realism. Despite the wide popularity of the mod it's intended audience is really very specific.

As the mod develops the calculations and stats will become even more indepth, straying even farther from the realm of the average user. It will not be adapted for them, but instead go in the entirely opposite direction.

Already the Inspection Window shows values in a "fuzzy logic" term (ie: damage: extreme, high, good, average, low, very low, horrible), and by adding the "Debug = true" to the ORGM.ini you can view the exact numerical values, but showing these numbers is never going to be the default option.

I will at some point provide more information in game so players can make more informed choices, but understand at this point this mod is still very much a work-in-progress. Most of the work so far has been into rewriting the code base to be more manageable long-term, upgrading the mechanics and getting it into a place I can start adding features that have been planned for a long time.