ORGM Rechambered

Fenris_Wolf

v3.08.1-stable is up

* Fixed bug in validation code (I hope)

* Temporarily Disabled built-in patch for Nolan's SuperSurvivors mod to prevent it from being re-enabled. By intent SuperSurvivors changes ORGM's patch enabled setting to false, as the built-in patch for ORGM is in better shape.  This does not effect the patch status when using the original survivors mod.

• 3 weeks later...

How would one go about changing the settings on a dedicated server?  As admin I can't change them through the options menu, and I can't seem to find a file that I can manually edit.  Thanks!  NEVERMIND I can read I promise!  I found it in the faq :3

Edited by diannetea

I have encountered what might be a small issue in ORGM two times. It happens when I come across a pre-placed "survivor house" that is barricaded, or burned out, or otherwise different from normal houses. (No, not the survivor mod.) The weapons and ammo inside are vanilla. It feels like ORGM is unable to update the loot table inside of the special building, so vanilla loot spawns. I will keep an eye out for it and try to get more details next time. 

On 6/7/2018 at 4:31 AM, milspec said:

I will keep an eye out for it and try to get more details next time. 

Even though we discussed it in discord, answering here so people don't think I'm slacking and ignoring :lol:

Known issue since they changed the way stashes work in when they added the in game maps, a fix is in the works (hopefully).

1 hour ago, aaronwhitchurch said:

Guns are invisible for some reason in my game. Does that commonly happen, and is there a way to fix it?

Are 3d models enabled in your PZ options?

Edited by Fenris_Wolf

On 6/9/2018 at 10:25 PM, Fenris_Wolf said:

Even though we discussed it in discord, answering here so people don't think I'm slacking and ignoring :lol:

Known issue since they changed the way stashes work in when they added the in game maps, a fix is in the works (hopefully).

Are 3d models enabled in your PZ options?

No they aren't. I'll do that. Thanks

20 minutes ago, Millitron said:

Is there any possibility of coordinating more with Hydrocraft?  I'd like to be able to hunt with ORGM guns and make ORGM ammo using hydrocraft's recipes.

There was a patch put up on the workshop for that a while back, although the workshop version has some bugs, doesn't cover all calibers and doesn't seem to have the lua script to properly patch the hunting system that I supplied to the author...

I probably wont be creating any patches for it myself. Its a lot of work that distracts me from things with a higher priority (mainly, continuing to evolve ORGM).  I don't really use HC anymore, and don't really like the hunting and ammo making setup.

I might be making a patch for Snake's "Le Gourmet Evolution Plus" mod sometime in the future, as its a MUCH more evolved hunting system.

As for reloading/ammo crafting I have my own ideas for that using a more realistic system, but its way down on my list of things to do atm.

• 2 weeks later...

Had a strange thing happen just now.  Was clearing out the prison with a Super 90, and found a nice shiny Ruger Redhawk (so to speak, it was pretty beat up) on a body that I wanted to try.  So I opened a box of .44 and tried it out, to little success since I only have 1 aiming and it had a 2x scope; not ideal for close range.  I tried a couple cylinders and loaded it a third time, then went back to the Super 90.  It wasn't until I returned to the armory that I saw that something was wrong:

5b344188c8786_RugerUltraRedhawkRevolverShotgun.png.6fccd92354ecbc2b265cc9ad9caae952.png

Somehow I had stuffed 12 gauge shells in it, AND a +1 to boot.  I thought maybe it was something wonky with the menu since I was using the shotgun before, but I unloaded it and sure enough:

5b344222b52f3_RugerUltraRedhawkRevolverShotgun2.png.e286d0ed9b5f1a00c3f3cf6726f33957.png

Seven 12 gauge shells spit out of it.  So far I have not been able to recreate this.  I am positive the previous reloads used .44 Magnum, as it spit out .44 cases and there are 9 rounds missing from my box (I found it loaded with 3.)

1 hour ago, carmakazi said:

Had a strange thing happen just now.  (snip)

:huh:

I'm not quite sure what to say about that one...

I've never encountered anything even remotely similar, and without looking at the logs with the mod being in debug mode its pretty much impossible to tell what went wrong there.

I suppose....on the plus side....those are some hellishly good trophy screenshots ;)

On the upside, its my first time back in a while and I'm glad to see this mod has improved, and I applaud you for keeping it alive.  Especially glad that switching fire modes or ammo types is much more seamless and doesn't eat your attachments and ammo.  Been playing with tweaked spawn rates to test out how much different guns and ammo spawn (and have some fun with them as well) and I have noticed a few things.

1.  The Glock 22 has a magazine capacity of 10, when the IRL standard for it is 15.  Is it meant to be a state-restricted model or something?

2.  Weapons dropped on bodies are very frequently fully kitted out with attachments.  I don't know if it's some setting I have, but it almost seems gratuitous at times.  On an AR-15 or similar rifle it might make sense, but I've seen more than one M1 Garand with 4x scopes/tactical lights/lasers.  Every other pistol has a red dot sight and a light/laser.  I don't know, it's just an observation.

3.  I feel like 7.62x39 and 7.62x54r ammunition doesn't spawn quite enough compared to other ammo types like .223 or .308.  Though 5.56 and .308 see a lot of both civilian and professional use, the Russian calibers are still widely available here.  It's just kind of disappointing that I've found two AKMs and three SKSs and only one box of x39.

Something I would like to see besides more standard content are different types and sizes of magazines for different guns.  For example, an AR-15 only uses 30-round magazines right now, but perhaps you'd be able to find both smaller magazines like 10's or 20's, and larger mags and high-capacity drums?  Perhaps the Glock 9mm line could get the 33-round stick, and have the smaller guns be able to take the larger models' magazines like in real life?  I don't even know if this would be possible as it seems like the capacity is tied to the gun and not the magazines, but I think it would be a good way to flesh things out a little more and make better use of some guns like the Glock 18 and Vector.

Also, is there a current list of guns in this game that people can look at?

1.  The Glock 22 has a magazine capacity of 10, when the IRL standard for it is 15.  Is it meant to be a state-restricted model or something?

I'm not sure what the original intent was, it may have been a oversight. But your right, that should be 15 rounds, i'll fix that for the next update.

2.  Weapons dropped on bodies are very frequently fully kitted out with attachments.  I don't know if it's some setting I have, but it almost seems gratuitous at times.  On an AR-15 or similar rifle it might make sense, but I've seen more than one M1 Garand with 4x scopes/tactical lights/lasers.  Every other pistol has a red dot sight and a light/laser.  I don't know, it's just an observation.

There is a setting in the ORGM options tab 'Component Spawn Multiplier' this will effect the frequency of components on guns (as well as spawning of non-attached ones). There is a total revamp of the attachment/component system in the works, so you dont see things like tac lights on unmodified M1's but its a major feature upgrade to the mod and wont be ready for a while.

3.  I feel like 7.62x39 and 7.62x54r ammunition doesn't spawn quite enough compared to other ammo types like .223 or .308.  Though 5.56 and .308 see a lot of both civilian and professional use, the Russian calibers are still widely available here.  It's just kind of disappointing that I've found two AKMs and three SKSs and only one box of x39.

At the moment, the type of ammo that spawns is directly related to the number of guns in the mod that actually use that ammo. I will eventually be adding rarity flags to the different ammo for spawning, but thats low priority for now.

Something I would like to see besides more standard content are different types and sizes of magazines for different guns.

This is most definitely a planned feature, and a good chunk of the code is already in place (using the same basic functions that allow loading multiple ammo types into a gun/magazine). I just need to actually take the time to fully convert it over to magazines.

2 hours ago, carmakazi said:

Also, is there a current list of guns in this game that people can look at?

The list of firearms included hasn't changed yet from the old legacy ORGM, so I believe most (if not all) of them can be found here:

http://ormtnman-real-guns-mod.wikia.com/wiki/Weapons

21 hours ago, carmakazi said:

5b344188c8786_RugerUltraRedhawkRevolverShotgun.png.6fccd92354ecbc2b265cc9ad9caae952.png

5b344222b52f3_RugerUltraRedhawkRevolverShotgun2.png.e286d0ed9b5f1a00c3f3cf6726f33957.png

Seven 12 gauge shells spit out of it. 

I hope you're not in California.... because that would be illegal AF!!!

*But what about the zombie apocalypse?!?!*

*Sir, they aren't violating any gun laws.... please come with us*

@Fenris_WolfI would like to make a dummed down version of ORGM to play with my friends on a server. I just want to take a few guns out and rename others into generic names, so my non-gun-guy friends can understand it better.

For easy accsess I would like to release it on the workshop, is that ok for you?

P.S. Love your work :)

Edit: Well this is another case of "I should have read first, asked later" Just found your instructions in the mod data. So I will just do a patch mod.

Edited by Bourbon

10 hours ago, Bourbon said:

Just found your instructions in the mod data. So I will just do a patch mod.

Ya the main reason I'm more iffy about workshop uploads is when people search for ORGM in the WS, theres 2 pages of results. Its confusing to new users, and I get messages asking about problems or bugs for things I fixed ages ago..Its at the point when people ask for help my first question has to be "what version are you using? is it the official one?"

But the great thing about the version 3.* rewrite of the mod is its completely modular that way, it can be edited and expanded onto without reuploading the whole thing. It also insures your version automatically gets the new features and bug fixes without doing any extra work on your part.

If you need any assistance with your changes, let me know... always willing to help ;)

• 2 weeks later...

I'm having a problem disabling empty cases. I followed your guide on changing the game settings, created a template mod referring to this and it didn't work, empty cases continued spawning after each shot. I then went to ORGM core file and set ORGM.Settings.CasesEnabled to false and again it didn't work. Need some help here.

Edited by GoatLover

5 hours ago, GoatLover said:

I followed your guide on changing the game settings, created a template mod referring to this and it didn't work, empty cases continued spawning after each shot.

These methods are obsolete. As of version 3.08, go to PZ's main menu, click options and then click on the ORGM tab:

unknown.thumb.png.6c4d8bb33d130a5ee53609a6f4988936.png

I should probably remove the obsolete examples from github...

v3.09-beta-rc1 is up. (see the Beta/Experimental link in the initial thread post)

changelog in the spoilers, its pretty massive:

Spoiler

* Complete code restructuring with a focus on performance optimization and code consistency.

* Full html API documentation.

* Due to new mechanics in effect (see below), the Damage Multiplier setting now
defaults to 0.6 instead of 0.5.
Users of previous ORGM versions will have to manually adjust the setting in the PZ
options screen ORGM tab. Dedicated servers will have to edit their ORGM.ini (if it
exists).

* Firearms now spawn with varying barrel lengths, based on factory options that were
produced by the manufacturer. These lengths effect the weight of the weapon and
indirectly, all the weapon stats that are effected by weight. The new barrel length
mechanic also has a direct effect on damage, range and recoil of the firearm.
Lower lengths release more unburnt gas producing lower velocity bullets (damage/range)
and generate more recoil.

* Firearms stats are now effected by the action type/feed system. With automatics some
of the pressure in the chamber is redirected to drive the automatic feed system,
resulting in slightly lower bullet velocity for a similar length barrel in a
non-automatic. The end result is slightly less damage and range. However, recoil is
reduced by a amount based on what type of automatic bolt it uses.

* Player strength now effects recoil.

* Added new options to options screen for configuration of hit and critical chances, and
enabling/disabling the new barrel length modifiers, and disabling full auto fire.

* Added support for Snake's Military Complex Mod

* Added Admin context submenu for firearms:
Debug weapon - prints all firearm info to console
Reset to defaults - resets all ModData on the firearm

* Added multiple new advanced settings in the ORGM.ini for controlling how the dynamic
stats system for firearms handles. These advanced settings are not shown in the PZ
options screen ORGM tab.

* Added verbose logging level (more detailed then debug)

* Added RU translations by Lotus

* Added partial CN and CH translations by Cleave

* Changed Glock22 magazine capacity to 15 (was 10)

* Changed cylinder capacity of the Raging Bull to 5 (was 6)

* Changed Display Name of '.45 Colt' ammo to its proper name '.45 Long Colt'

* Increased damage for 7.62x39mm, .30-06, .30-30

* Increased recoil for .30-06, .357

* Slightly reduced penetration for .45ACP FMJ

* Moved all recipes to a 'ORGM' tab in the build window.

* Moved All english (default) DisplayNames to Items_EN.txt translation file. This fixes a
bug for other languages not being able to translate names that had a - in the name,
as well as sets up a template of all items for future languages.

* Fixed issue with Reload Time, Rack Time and Magazine Reload Time options requiring PZ
to be restarted to have a effect.

* Fixed bug causing error when breaking out a reload timed action by firing a shot.

* Fixed Light Source hotkey not activating vehicle headlights.

* Fixed bug in police storage spawning where wrong modifier was applied to weapon
rarity chances.

* Fixed .44 Magnum FMJ Recoil to match HP

* Fixed 2 handed weapons only getting equipped in primary on login

* Fixed issue when reloading with speed loaders and stripper clips.

* Fixed bug with detail tab on inspection window always saying the hammer was cocked.

* Fixed issue when trying to spawn a random gun from a empty rarity table.

* Fixed issue with firearm stats/weight not being properly adjusted when attaching or
removing components.

* Fixed recipes for converting base game ammo boxes to ORGM ammo to return the correct
amount of rounds.

The main highlights are the new mechanics. Barrel length matters. All guns spawn with one of the factory barrel length options produced by the manufacturer (firearms updating from previous versions will have one of those barrel lengths assigned to them).

You can see the barrel length of any firearm by bringing up the inspection window and checking the 'details' tab.

Shorter barrels will reduce range and damage and weight of the firearm, and increase recoil. The action type/feed system now also has a greater effect. For automatics, gas pressure is absorbed cycling the action reducing the bullets velocity and energy, while absorbing recoil. There is now a noticeable difference in performance firing a .308 from a bolt action with a 24" barrel then a automatic with a 18" barrel.

Also strength now effects recoil, thereby effecting accuracy when firing in full auto.

To compensate for the new mechanics, the default damage multiplier in the settings has been raised from 0.5 to 0.6. If you are updating from a previous version you may have to go to the ORGM tab in the PZ options screen and manually change it.

New options have been added to the ORGM tab, as well as several advanced options that can be defined in the ORGM.ini but do not show on the options screen that allow fine tuning of the performance and handling of firearms (mainly for tweaking by server admins)

Unlisted options include:

Spoiler

FullAutoHitChanceAdjustment (default=-10)

HitChance penalty in full auto, recoil delay is applied to this

FullAutoRecoilDelayAdjustment (default=-20)

RecoilDelay is reduced by this much in full auto, after HitChance has been modified

WeightRecoilDelayModifier  = {type='float', min=0.1, default=0.55, show=false},

WARNING: editing this setting can greatly upset the balance of weapons of different weights

recoil is: (ammo recoil+barrel and feed system modifer) / (weapon weight * multiplier). The higher the multiplier the more weight effects recoil

WeightSwingTimeModifier (default=0.2)

WARNING: editing this setting can greatly upset the balance of weapons of different weights

how weight effects swingtime (lower is faster), swingtime is: BaseSwingTime + (effectiveWgt * WeightSwingTimeModifier)

RecoilDelayLimit  (default=1)

minimum limit for recoil delay, this is also the end recoil delay for full-autos

BaseSwingTime (default=0.3)

base swingtime applied before weight additions. this is also the swingtime used for full-autos

SwingTimeLimit  (default=0.5)

swingtime limiter, applies to all firearms except those in full-auto mode

Please be aware this is still in beta/testing phase, and should be considered as a 'I WILL BACK UP MY SAVES' scenario.

Edited by Fenris_Wolf

Woah!!!! that's a big change list...  Can't wait to try this out!!

Quick Suggestion/Question... Ber93R, any chance of Mag compatibility with normal Ber92 ?  A cursory search on the internet indicates they are compatible, and I find myself discarding the 93R due to lack of magazines... We all know in a Zombie world, storage space is a commodity, and a gun with only one magazine is, well..... less useful than a gun with 47 magazines....  :-D

1 minute ago, Arsenal26 said:

Quick Suggestion/Question... Ber93R, any chance of Mag compatibility with normal Ber92 ?  A cursory search on the internet indicates they are compatible,

They are indeed compatible but unfortunately it will have to wait for the expanded/reduced capacity mags to be implemented, allowing firearms to use multiple magazine types. I actually wanted to include that for this update, but its a a lot of extra asset/item creation and a lot more testing. So i figured since this update was delayed enough with the code cleanup/rewrite and new mechanics taking so long it was time to just enter testing phase and save the magazines for v3.10 (hopefully)

• 2 weeks later...

Here's my question.... Where are all the reviews and high Praise for this EFF'N AWESOME WORK!!?>??

Ok... my excuse was the Fog bug Crashing my game, but its fixed now, and I'm in the gun store carrying around 5 of each gun trying to keep track of which one has what length barrel...  LOL

This is super-ULTRA-fantastic... I guess you'd have to be somewhat of a ballistics nerd or have gone to sniper school to appreciate it.... But it just so happens that I am (a nerd, that has not gone to sniper school as of yet), so i'll chip in my $0.02 for all those who have also not been to sniper school...

So all things being equal (ammo wise)... varying barrel length has a real effect on ballistics... Shorter, although great for storage, and maneuvering around indoors, may cost you in velocity because the combustion process is robbed of some pressure due to bullet escaping the shorter barrel before optimal pressure is achieved which sends the bullet flying at its designed velocity...  Though this can be adjusted for, by using faster or slower burning powders or using heavier or lighter weight bullets (ie, 115g - 147g in 9mm).... when we're talking about over the counter ammo, these results can be calculated-approximated-scaled...

So it appears Fenris has done just such a calculation and scaled it to work within the bounds of Project Zomboid!!!!  Very nice job in the scale department too!!!  Not so much that it would render the other version(s) useless when weighing pro's/con's  but enough difference to be measurable in the limited isometric view we have...

Oh yes....  Now you can go to the local gun store and grab an arm full of Armalite Rifles, discarding any duplicates, and keep one of each barrel length for your collection... And be confident in the knowledge that your heavier 24" barrel version will in fact allow you to tag Zombies a full FOUR squares further than its 16" barrel sibling/version...

*** I tested this with RED Dot.... so i'm not sure how magnified optics are calculated...

Though some may see it as insignificant... To me, it adds a very significant layer of realism to this Isometric POV game that leaves so much to the imagination... I mean, just the knowledge that you can glean an actual (albeit slight) advantage one way or the other (weight vs. effective range / recoil mitigation) by taking a second to inspect your weapon before you start shopping for optics...

I've said it before, and this is a great example....   In a non-linear survival game with no defined end other than your death... options are "KING"...  I mean if everything goes to shit, it's going to be whatever you make of it...  You can sit at home and survive on Orange Soda and Ramen.... or you can venture out into the world and find your "Excaliber"

It took me about 2 hours to find mine.... an AR-15 w/16" barrel....  Not the 20" *smh*.... Not the 24" *smh*.... it had to be the Carbine... And this is what I wanted to have in my Personal Zombie Apocalypse, and to do this initial range test with.

So once again, Hat's off to Mr. Wolf!!!

Damn.... there's like 48 other new features to test...

Edited by Arsenal26
+Ultra, 4 sq

11 minutes ago, Arsenal26 said:

an AR-15 w/16" barrel....  Not the 20" *smh*.... Not the 24" *smh*.... it had to be the Carbine

If you haven't done so already, edit your ORGM.ini and add (this is case-sensitive):
Debug = true

It will give you that extra tab in the inspection window to show the raw number stats so you can fully see the difference between those 16", 20" and 24" barrels (as well as some right click options for setting the length manually)...you'll notice a distinct difference in the range, damage, and recoil, plus the weight differences changing the swingtime of the gun. Also note the difference from the 16" to 20" is greater then the difference from the 20" to 24". It took a hell of a lot of research and work to find a curve that worked realistically...which is why this update is so delayed from the previous one.

But glad your enjoying it so far ;)

2 hours ago, Fenris_Wolf said:

It took a hell of a lot of research and work to find a curve that worked realistically...which is why this update is so delayed from the previous one.

Never ceasing to amaze,

In light of this new information, I changed "Super Fantastic" in my above post to "Super-ULTRA-Fantastic"

I know 5 simple letters ain't much.... but it's true... and until I get on the voting authority to decide who gets awards around here, it's all I can authorize....  <_<

>>> Debug = true <<<

Awesome Sauce

Edit

Okay.... this is pretty awesome.... oh wait, I already said that....

Looking at the Debug info, 16" -> 24" bbl difference is ~4 sq... Not 2.

I like 4 way better than 2....  LOL

My live fire test was less than scientific.... I was using my SuperSurvivor with [PVP ON] to check range vs. blood splatter to register hits... Seems my "minute-of-mouse" was slightly off...  Indeed subtle yet significant stat differences for bbl length variations...

This is good... 

I see what you mean about the curve... a Diminishing returns type of situation...

16" = 24.13

20" = 26.66 (2.53 sq difference from 16")

24" = 28.47 (1.81 sq difference from 20")

Question :

Is the debug menu supposed to end with "Damage" being last line ?

I checked several weapons (all loaded) and no damage variable appeared.

FIW.jpg.774668fd294bde0e8fc688bf34b4fff6.jpg

Edited by Arsenal26
Correction... question

Any chance you might add silencers directly into this mod? The steam version of the silencer for ORGM has not been updated, and I'd really like to use this mod. As it is right not it's not worth the risk to fire at all.

Edited by Newt