ORGM Rechambered

Fenris_Wolf

2 hours ago, nolanri said:

You should consider using the ResizeWorldIcon attribute on all the spent casings items in the item scripts so they look smaller. maybe like set to 0.25. right now the spent casings are the same size as my players leg, its a bit of a bummer.

Cases were redone in 3.06-stable

https://theindiestone.com/forums/index.php?/topic/23237-orgm-rechambered/&do=findComment&comment=268734

If your using the workshop version it always lags behind the most recent builds. The initial post in the thread has a download link to the current stable. (3.06-stable is current, workshop is at 3.04-stable)

version 3.07-stable is up.

3.07-Beta to 3.07-Stable changes:

* Fixed bug in weapon update function that reset the number of times the item had been repaired to 0

* Fixed bug in weapon update function that failed to properly remove and reset the secondary hand item.

* component upgrading is now done silently.

* Misc code tweaks and documentation updates

* 'Credits and Permissions' file now included

Full 3.07-stable changelog:

Spoiler

* Added new hotkey for 'Reload Any Magazine' that finds a magazine in your inventory and
    reloads it using spare bullets (boxes/cans must be unpacked first).  The new key can be
    configured in your PZ options screen keybinding tab and defaults to 'G'.

* Added new hotkey for 'Select Fire Switch' that toggles between semi and full auto for
    select fire weapons. The new key can be configured in your PZ options screen keybinding
    tab and defaults to 'Z'.

* Added new hotkey for 'Firearm Inspection Window' that brings up the Inspection Window.
    The new key can be configured in your PZ options screen keybinding  tab and defaults to
    'U'.

* Numerous weapon stats are now set dynamically instead of from the scripts/*.txt files.
    Its a far from perfect system, but its a step toward a better one, behavior of some weapons
    might be out of whack until more tweaking is done.

SwingTime is now set by weight, modified by semi or full ammo action.
    RecoilDelay is now set by round, modified by weight and components
    AimTime is now mostly set by weapon type, slightly modified by weight, and full-auto mode
    HitChance is now set by weapon type, modified by components and full-auto mode
    Damage is set by round, modified by components (shotgun chokes)

* Full-Auto fire behavior is drastically changed:
    Reduced HitChance by - (10 + Semi-Auto RecoilDelay): lighter weapons with larger calibers
        feel more recoil and are harder to aim full auto, items like foregrip and recoilpad
        reduce recoil in semi auto, increase accuracy in full auto.
    Reduced AimTime penalty while moving to HitChance (AimTime increased by 20)
    SwingTime set to 0.3 (to be adjusted later by gun rpm)
    Reduced RecoilDelay by 20 (minimum 0)

* Fixed issue where AimTime worked in reverse (higher being better). Apparently AimTime is a
    penalty reducer for HitChance while moving (higher aimtime, less penalty). Weapon
    components/mods have been adjusted  accordingly, Adjustments for guns is done automatically
    with the new dynamic stats system. (credit to  Arsenal26 for pointing this issue out)

* Component/Weapon mod modifiers are no longer set in scripts/ORGMMods.txt, these are now all
    set in ORGMData_Components.lua (except Weight and WeightModifier)

* Damage reduced to help emphasize only a headshot (critical hits) can kill a zombie. The damage
    now has a multiplier that can be configured in ORGM.Settings.DamageMultiplier

* Added sound to the select fire mode and action type switching.

* Firearm Inspection Window now updates information/details while visible and a ORGM firearm is
    equipped.

* Added Stats panel to Inspection window, showing current Ammo, and fire mode (for select fires).
    Also shows accuracy, Rate of fire and recoil effect on ROF in fuzzy terms: High, Low, Average,
    Good, Bad, etc

* Added Debug panel to Inspection Window when ORGM is set to debug/dev mode.

* Component/Weapon mod appearance on firearms that spawn are now effected by
    ORGM.Settings.ComponentSpawnModifier

* Fixed bug in weapon update function that set condition to maximum.

* Fixed bug in weapon update function that reset the number of times the item had been repaired to 0

* Fixed bug in weapon update function that failed to properly remove and reset the secondary hand item.

* Fixed bug in survivors mod compatibility patch where survivors wouldn't reload if infinite
    ammo setting was enabled and they didn't actually have any bullets.

* fixed bug in settings validation where if ORGM.Settings.LogLevel was nil

* component upgrading is now done silently.

--------------------------------------------
Major code changes for modders:

* Several table access methods are depreciated in favor of new functions. This was done to
    ensure better long term support and stability, and to simply code as they accept a string
    name itemType or a InventoryItem class object. Instead of requiring call like
    ORGM.FirearmTable[item:getType()]  you can now use ORGM.getFirearmData(item)

ORGM.FirearmTable[itemType]       >>>     ORGM.getFirearmData(itemType [, moduleName])
    ORGM.MagazineTable[itemType]      >>>     ORGM.getMagazineData(itemType [, moduleName])
    ORGM.ComponentTable[itemType]     >>>     ORGM.getComponentData(itemType [, moduleName])
    ORGM.AmmoTable[itemType]          >>>     ORGM.getAmmoData(itemType [, moduleName])
    ORGM.AlternateAmmoTable[itemType] >>>     ORGM.getAmmoGroup(itemType [, moduelName])

* added new boolean functions with matching arguments to the new get*Data() functions.
    ORGM.isFirearm(), ORGM.isComponent(), ORGM.isMagazine() and ORGM.isAmmo()

* ORGM.AlternateAmmoTable has been renamed to clarify its purpose better. References to 'dummy rounds'
    in the code have been renamed AmmoGroup.
    ORGM.AlternateAmmoTable           >>>     ORGM.AmmoGroupTable

* ORGM.findAmmoInContainer(ammogroup, preferred, container) now supports a additional argument:
    mode (0 or nil = rounds, 1 = boxes, 2 = cans)

* added function ORGM.findAllAmmoInContainter(ammoGroup|ammoType, container)
    finds all ammo for the specified ammo group (or type), returns a table:
    { rounds=java.util.ArrayList, boxes=java.util.ArrayList, cans=java.util.ArrayList } each
    subtable containing all the matching InventoryItem objects in that container.

* addded function ORGM.getItemAmmoGroup(item) that returns a ammo group used by a firearm or magazine.
    If the firearm uses magazines, the ammo group is taken from its magazine instead.
    item can be a string name or a InventoryItem object.

Great job working on that project and further developing it.

By the way, i'm gonna ask because i found a weird problem installing this.

Is the mod supposed to work only with IWBUMS version of the game while hosting own server? Because for some reasons it seems like. In the latest stable version of the game mod is ignored by the game even when checked, but in the IWBUMS works just fine. 

10 hours ago, Lutter said:

Is the mod supposed to work only with IWBUMS version of the game while hosting own server? Because for some reasons it seems like. In the latest stable version of the game mod is ignored by the game even when checked, but in the IWBUMS works just fine. 

On 11/21/2017 at 7:57 PM, Fenris_Wolf said:

Tested PZ Versions: 37.14,  38.28, 38.30

Current Compatibility:

PZ IWBUMS Versions: Unknown, I got my PZ from GOG not Steam. If something breaks, It will probably remain broken til the next stable release

Works fine with stable, that's what I built it for and do all my testing on.

version 3.08-stable is up.

* Added ORGM tab to the zomboid options screen, all settings can now be configured from
    there, and are saved to the Zomboid/Lua/ORGM.ini file. When connecting to a MP server,
    the server's ORGM.Settings table is transmitted to the client, overriding any client
    chosen options. The ORGM tab in the options screen becomes locked (no changes may be
    made while connected). Disconnecting from the server will restore the clients original
    options.

* Updated many of the 3d models. Big thanks to KOT for giving permission to merge the models
    from the Gunz mod back into ORGM, and to EnigmaGrey for passing on my request.

Screenshot of the new options screen and a very small sample of some of the models:

Spoiler

unknown.thumb.png.6c4d8bb33d130a5ee53609a6f4988936.png

1.thumb.jpg.9ea535ae42300878c39a783631df47e3.jpg

2.thumb.jpg.fd7555490bddea625433fd58ae2a0b7c.jpg

5.thumb.jpg.4609dcaa6cb129ab5cf3b15a9bbe8739.jpg

Edited by Fenris_Wolf

28 minutes ago, RickL said:

Is a new play through required for the latest build, 3.08-stable?

No..it almost never will be, as long as your current save isn't using the original ORGM legacy version.

Features were added a while back so I can make some pretty drastic changes and not force people to restart.

2 minutes ago, Fenris_Wolf said:

No..it almost never will be, as long as your current save isn't using the original ORGM legacy version.

Features were added a while back so I can make some pretty drastic changes and not force people to restart.

Perfect. 

Please keep up the awesome work you've been doing to this mod.

Oh my....  reduced damage is crazy!!!  Thanks for the menu option multipliers.

So what multiplier is roughly equivalent to the standard damage ?  

I've been playing about 25, and it still seems alittle weak...

And OMG my starter kit mods install on the first attempt now... THANK YOU!!! 

So, with :

- Jamming [off]

- Ejecting Shells [off]

I still get quite alot of rounds cycled onto the ground for some reason.... like 1 in 10... its very frequent.

Weapon condition is new... Just to be clear, these are un-spent rounds.... not empty shell cases...

Gotta hunt around to check out all these new weapon models!!!   awesome!!

In the new options settings, is there a setting that modifies the speed at which you put bullets into a magazine? I'm 99% sure it's Magazine Reload Time, but I've changed that setting from 1 to 2 to 30 to 2000 to get it to change, but the speed never increases or decreases. Should I try to reinstall the mod or am I just being REALLY dumb and missing something obvious?

30 minutes ago, iyarkonan said:

In the new options settings, is there a setting that modifies the speed at which you put bullets into a magazine? I'm 99% sure it's Magazine Reload Time, but I've changed that setting from 1 to 2 to 30 to 2000 to get it to change, but the speed never increases or decreases. Should I try to reinstall the mod or am I just being REALLY dumb and missing something obvious?

Hey you're right... I noticed however, that the "APPLY" button doesn't un-grey itself unless the value is 10 or better...  wonder if that has anything to do with it...

41 minutes ago, Arsenal26 said:

So what multiplier is roughly equivalent to the standard damage ?  

I've been playing about 25, and it still seems alittle weak...

standard Damage Multiplier setting is 1.0, which brings it back up to its normal value.

43 minutes ago, Arsenal26 said:

I still get quite alot of rounds cycled onto the ground for some reason.... like 1 in 10... its very frequent.

The combination of these 2 factors makes me suspect something else has gone wrong, I need to ask, how are you installing the mod?

A protection scheme was put into the 3.08 to prevent it from getting uploaded to the workshop without permission. In short if PZ is running in steam mode and the workshop ID doesn't match the official ID, it nerfs a few things like damage and causes extra jams. Not that I like doing such things, but its been a problem of people not asking for permission and ripping out the 'Credits and Permissions.txt' file.  Rather then having to complain and have other people complain for me (since I cant post my complains on their workshop pages, I'm not going to ask other people to do my dirty work).

Please note I'm not saying you've done this, but just curious how its been installed on your machine to ensure my plans haven't backfired on me..its passed all my tests so far, but this is the main reason this version hasn't hit steam yet (testing first in case something like this goes wrong!)

49 minutes ago, iyarkonan said:

It is Magazine Reload Time, BUT the problem is PZ has the reloadTime stored in each magazine.  The setting should be applied to newly spawned magazines though, and should also be applied if you insert the old magazine into the gun, then eject it (this technically spawns a new one)

Just now, Arsenal26 said:

well, I am running STEAM version of PZ, and manually installing ORGM mod into the users/user/zomboid/mods folder by unzipping contents...

That should be working fine then unless I made a major mistake, you're not subscribed to any workshop items that use 'ORGM' as their mod ID?

At any rate I'll double check my code

Same as Arsenal, but I didn't catch that both the current Steam version and the 3.08 version both either show up as enabled or disabled in my mods list. Unsubscribing from the Steam version might have messed with something, especially considering that my default Damage Multiplier is 0.5. I'm also in IWBUMS, totally forgot about that, so my case might end up just being a "look out for build 39" thing :P

1 minute ago, Arsenal26 said:

I realized I had the ORGM_custom server settings mod in the folder, but it was not enabled... Anyrate, removed it, and trying it again...

ya that one wont matter, I'm 99% sure the fault is mine here..apologies working on the fix now

6 minutes ago, Arsenal26 said:

Whew.... I though my Lyman powder thrower was out of whack under-charging my reloads....

Well it a good thing this issue was discovered before I finished what I'm currently working on, all sorts of new malfunctions beyond the 'fail to feed' jamming...I've broken jams up into 3 categories:

Ammo Malfunctions:

Case Head Separation (poor brass)

Duds (highly likely if you've been using WD-40 and havent properly cleaned it off after, that stuff is evil!!!!)

Hang Fires

Squib Loads :rolleyes:

Failure To Feed (poorly shaped bullet heads or necks not clearing a feeding ramp)

Slam Fires (due to improperly seated primers)

Failure To Extract (brass rim failures)

Failure To Eject (poor pressure not cycling automatics)

Mechanical Malfunctions:

Failure To Feed (dirt, worn ramp, worn mag springs)

Slam Fire/Hammer Follow (dirt, faulty firing pin - too long)

Failure To Fire (dirt, faulty firing pin - too short/worn, worn spring)

Failure To Extract (broken/worn extractor hook, recoil spring problems, dirty chamber)

Failure To Eject (broken ejector, recoil spring problems, dirt)

And of course, out right Mechanical Failures (too many options to list atm)

Also working on factoring in barrel length's effect on damage, range and recoil for various rounds, as well as things like the various automatic feed systems: blowback, short recoil, gas operated (short piston, long piston, direct impingement), and how those effect the bullet, the recoil and fire arm reliability. And, of course, dirts effect on it all (as you can see from the malfunctions above)

Fun stuff.

You deserve an award...  I've never seen anything more legit than what you are working on. I'm sure that anyone who knows anything about firearms would agree...

+++++ on barrel length effect on Damage.

I hope this means you'll be adding an 1894 in .357 mag, because nothing says slow burning powder like .357

I'll admit I'm going to have to take some liberties in regards to barrel length and calibers, since its a highly debated topic, and really depends on a number of factors.

But the truth is all pistol barrels are generally shorter then optimal length, even with fast burning powders. If we were to go on averages alone, most pistol calibers reach optimal velocities from a 14-16" barrel, though the .357 and other magnums are often 16" and higher.