ORGM Rechambered

Fenris_Wolf

Ahh, i had wondered about hardcore.  Im assuming the X hotkey for racking can be changed?  I only ask because i just installed the survivors mod and it used that, and some other mod brings back a old mod ability to press X to drop bags really fast.

The inspect gun for wear and tear and serial #'s.  Is that on every gun?  I saw that the other day and happy to see it.  Then i installed some other mods and didnt have the option to inspect anymore, or rack or pull set the trigger.  I need to track down what one of the mods i put on the other day that is causing that conflict.  ALthough it will be a few days before i can.   I just wondered if all guns had the inspect option or if i was only a few and i was lucky enough to actually look at that real fast, lol.

while i am sad about the easy mode, its ok since i always play on normal or hardcore myself.  If i want easy mode, then i useally switch to a shotgun ;)

I do wished there was a easyer way tho to load up the clip, or atleast being able to make more temporary clips so i can just eject/insert clips really fast.

Im still happy with what you did tho with this. great improvements over a great mod.

1 minute ago, thrandisher said:

Ahh, i had wondered about hardcore.  Im assuming the X hotkey for racking can be changed?  I only ask because i just installed the survivors mod and it used that, and some other mod brings back a old mod ability to press X to drop bags really fast.

There should be a option in your pz settings to rebind it to another key, or optionally, you can change the key bindings for the survivors mod by editing media/lua/client/Settings.lua (why it defaults to the same keys that pz uses for other things is beyond me...)

4 minutes ago, thrandisher said:

The inspect gun for wear and tear and serial #'s.  Is that on every gun?  I saw that the other day and happy to see it.  Then i installed some other mods and didnt have the option to inspect anymore, or rack or pull set the trigger.  I need to track down what one of the mods i put on the other day that is causing that conflict.  ALthough it will be a few days before i can.   I just wondered if all guns had the inspect option or if i was only a few and i was lucky enough to actually look at that real fast, lol.

All ORGM guns should have the inspection option and the description/details window. One of the other mods must really be screwing with the right click context menus.

6 minutes ago, thrandisher said:

I do wished there was a easyer way tho to load up the clip, or atleast being able to make more temporary clips so i can just eject/insert clips really fast.

It can be annoying...I'm usually loading up 6 to 10 twenty round mags at once before going on loot runs...god help you if you have a m249 and several of those 200 round mags to load up with a low reloading skill lol.  I did note your comment on the workshop page about a hotkey option, unfortunately that would be difficult, mostly due to not knowing which of the magazines in inventory the player wishes to load.  Having a high reloading skill defiantly helps speed things though.

10 minutes ago, thrandisher said:

Im still happy with what you did tho with this. great improvements over a great mod.

Thanks, more still too come...bit of a break on the development for now though while I concentrate on some other things ;)

Ya, i assumed it would be almost imposible to do the hotkey.  Only thing that came to mind would be somthing like setting a favorite clip then the hotkey would reload that clip.  Kindof like a few of the mdos use tags. Im mostly just brainstorming here out loud as i never have exspected it to be done, lol. Almsot like how i failed to do the quote on your post for a few things, lol.

Ok, since i know each gun has the inspect now, ill try to trouble shoot things down a bit and report to you when i do.  I have a few other things i have to do first tho. Tracking down a few other bugs for some other mods first.

3 minutes ago, thrandisher said:

Ok, since i know each gun has the inspect now, ill try to trouble shoot things down a bit and report to you when i do. 

I forgot to mention...the inspection and other options like racking only show up when the gun is actually in hand. Perhaps that's the issue and not another mod?

4 minutes ago, Fenris_Wolf said:

I forgot to mention...the inspection and other options like racking only show up when the gun is actually in hand. Perhaps that's the issue and not another mod?

BINGO! That was it, lol.   And all the other menus of it came up also.  Honestly i dont think i would have thought of something so simple as actually equipping them!

I useally dont use guns, just collect them in case i need em to shoot some tires.

I don't know if anyone else would be interested, but on my server we didn't like how often weapons/gun items were spawning on corpses (Our zombie count is set to high so we go through a bunch). We didn't want to affect the spawn rate for other containers, so we decided to add a corpse rate modifier that affects the addToCorpse function. This will apply a factor to corpses before any other normal factors are applied.

Server.addToCorpse = function(container)
    local choice = Server.selectFirearm(80, 14, 6)
    Server.spawnFirearm(container, choice.gun, choice.ammo, (3 * ORGM.Settings.CorpseSpawnModifier), 1, true) -- has gun
    Server.spawnMagazine(container, choice.gun, choice.ammo, (1 * ORGM.Settings.CorpseSpawnModifier), 3, true) -- has mags
    Server.spawnAmmo(container, choice.ammo, (3 * ORGM.Settings.CorpseSpawnModifier), 15) -- loose shells
    Server.spawnAmmoBox(container, choice.ammo, (1 * ORGM.Settings.CorpseSpawnModifier), 1) -- has box
end

After a bunch of experimentation we realized the spawn rate only goes so low. This is due to how the spawn chance check works.

if Rnd(100) > math.ceil(spawnChance) then return false end

So the spawn chance only goes down to 1/100 for anything that isn't brought to 0 by a modifier set to 0%. Since anything between 0 and 1 is set to 1 by the ciel() call. So if I set my CorpseSpawnModifier to 30%, all 4 of the items would have a 1/100 chance to spawn (since ciel(3*.3)=1 and ciel(1*.3) =1).

In order to rectify this we changed our formula to:

if Rnd(1000) > math.ceil(spawnChance*10) then return false end

This allowed us to specify spawn rates down to 1/1000.  We ended up using 20%, so our firearms & ammo were 6/1000 and mags & boxes were 2/1000.

Edited by JackMods

5 hours ago, JackMods said:

so we decided to add a corpse rate modifier that affects the addToCorpse function.

Adding individual multiplier settings for corpses and other spawn locations has been on my todo list. as well as fixing the spawn chance 1/100 problem (that one's been bugging me), though i intend to turn it into a float value using

if math.random()*100 > spawnChance then return false end

or something very similar. I really think a float is the way to go.

v3.02-stable is now up.

* Fixed bug adding repair kit items to NecroForge (introduced 3.00)

* Spawn rates now use a float value instead of integer, values of less then 1% are now possible

* Adding spawn multiplier settings for specific containers/locations:
    CorpseSpawnModifier
    CivilianBuildingSpawnModifier
    PoliceStorageSpawnModifier
    GunStoreSpawnModifier
    StorageUnitSpawnModifier
    GarageSpawnModifier
    HuntingSpawnModifier

* Updated Custom Server Settings patch mod example to reflect new settings

credit to @JackMods for reminding me to do push these long overdue changes ;)

Have TIS released any information regarding stash/corpse spawning locations? While I haven't seen stashes for a while I know dead loot bodies (not killed by anyone) still have vanilla weapons.

1 minute ago, Khaos said:

Have TIS released any information regarding stash/corpse spawning locations? While I haven't seen stashes for a while I know dead loot bodies (not killed by anyone) still have vanilla weapons.

No, but i think i have a backwards solution to this problem by detecting when these items spawn and removing/replacing them.  I still need to do some testing though.

@Fenris_Wolf

Have you ever considered making weapon mods break? I have been messing around with this concept using your mod and the silencer one. It has always felt a bit overpowered to me to have a silencer or scope that never breaks while the guns they are on fall to pieces.

4 hours ago, JackMods said:

Have you ever considered making weapon mods break?

I have....plans for those. Since you've been poking around the ORGM code, you may have noticed a few oddities....

I no longer refer to them as 'upgrades' anywhere in the code, but instead call them 'components'...they exist in the ORGM.ComponentTable, and

shared/4DataFiles/ORGMData_Components.lua calls ORGM.registerComponent() passing it the item name and a empty table as arguments.

This is initial groundwork for doing away entirely with PZ's weapon mod/upgrade limited system, and implementing my own modular system where firearms are built out of various replaceable (and breakable) components that effect the weapons stats. Components will cover receivers, frames, stocks, trigger assemblies, grips, slides, barrels, scopes, chokes and just about everything else.

That's the short version anyways. Its still a ways off though before I include it, v3.00 was just laying out the groundwork to make the system feasible, I need to make sure the component system is properly implemented (it currently exists as prototype code on my laptop atm), and its going to require ALOT of new item and their icons (which is quite frankly, boring to me!).

This is the main reason though I haven't added any new guns or upgrades into the mod yet, better to wait til after the new system or I'm just increasing my workload and delaying it even more.

Yeah a completely separate system would be great. Our server has been experimenting with using the current one to break weapon parts and it is a pain to say the least.

We have ours in a place where we can define the following for components:

register('HomeMadeSilencer', { soundReduction=0.1, breakable=true, conditionDamageChance = .9, })

and they will break after some use. We only use it for silencers at the moment but it works on any component.

-- based off your compatibility code
ORGM.Client.silencerCheck = function(player, item)

if item == nil then return end

local itemType = item:getType()
    if ORGM.FirearmTable[itemType] == nil then return end

-- get the scriptItem
    local scriptItem = item:getScriptItem()

local soundVolume = scriptItem:getSoundVolume()
    local soundRadius = scriptItem:getSoundRadius()
    local swingSound = scriptItem:getSwingSound()

local canon = item:getCanon()

if canon and not canon:isBroken() then
        local name = canon:getType()
        local definition = ORGM.ComponentTable[name];

if definition and definition.soundReduction then 
            local soundReduction = definition.soundReduction

soundVolume = soundVolume * soundReduction
            soundRadius = soundRadius * soundReduction
            swingSound = 'ORGMSilencedShot'
        end
    end

item:setSoundVolume(soundVolume)
    item:setSoundRadius(soundRadius)
    item:setSwingSound(swingSound)
end

-- tied too weapon swing
ORGM.Client.degradeWeaponParts = function(owner, weapon)

local weaponParts = {
        canon       = weapon:getCanon(),
        recoilPad   = weapon:getRecoilpad(),
        scope       = weapon:getScope(),
        sling       = weapon:getSling(),
        stock       = weapon:getStock(),
    }

for key, part in pairs(weaponParts) do

-- Make sure part is attached
        if part then
            local name = part:getType()
            local definition = ORGM.ComponentTable[name];

-- Make sure the part is not already broken
            if not part:isBroken() then

-- Make sure part is registered and breakable
                if definition and definition.breakable then 
                    local conditionDamageChance = definition.conditionDamageChance or 1

-- See if we need to reduce the condition
                    if ZombRandFloat(0,100) <= (conditionDamageChance*100) then 
                        part:setCondition(part:getCondition()-1);
                    end

if part:isBroken() then
                        owner:Say("Damn, my " .. part:getDisplayName() .. " broke!");
                    end
                end
            -- Weapon fired with a broken mod, drop it to the ground
            else
                weapon:detachWeaponPart(part);
                owner:getCurrentSquare():AddWorldInventoryItem(part, 0, 0, 0)

-- If the the part type is canon, perform the silencer check
                if(part:getPartType() == "Canon") then
                    ORGM.Client.silencerCheck(owner, weapon)
                end
            end
        end
    end
end

Edited by JackMods

9 minutes ago, Fenris_Wolf said:

I must say I quite like the fact you've been customizing it and I haven't had to explain how it works...let me know the code is clear enough and the documentation is adequate...though the documentation still needs more filling out. ;)

Haha, thanks. I haven't had to much trouble poking around the code. Although it helps that I am a software developer by trade.

On 3/8/2018 at 9:17 AM, Fenris_Wolf said:

v3.02-stable is now up.

* Fixed bug adding repair kit items to NecroForge (introduced 3.00)

* Spawn rates now use a float value instead of integer, values of less then 1% are now possible

* Adding spawn multiplier settings for specific containers/locations:
    CorpseSpawnModifier
    CivilianBuildingSpawnModifier
    PoliceStorageSpawnModifier
    GunStoreSpawnModifier
    StorageUnitSpawnModifier
    GarageSpawnModifier
    HuntingSpawnModifier

* Updated Custom Server Settings patch mod example to reflect new settings

credit to @JackMods for reminding me to do push these long overdue changes ;)

If I wanted to make certain weapons less rare, or appear in Police stations in my Solo playthru, how would I do that using these spawn modifiers ?

I tried adding "isPolice = ORGM.COMMON,

in the ORGMData_Weapons.lua, for a couple weapons and it resulted in many of the containers being empty (or just containing radios and such)

Sorry, I'm not very familiar with modding, but would love to see a few things appear more often in game....

3 minutes ago, Arsenal26 said:

If I wanted to make certain weapons less rare, or appear in Police stations in my Solo playthru, how would I do that using these spawn modifiers ?

It shouldn't make them appear empty, though for now make sure there's at least 1 weapon that's set to isPolice = ORGM.RARE (a bug i need to fix).  But just editing some of them to common really wouldn't result in nothing spawning.

If your using the latest version uploaded here, (not the current steam version) you could try editing the ORGMCore.lua (or optionally using the custom server settings patch mod example, it will work in SP just fine) and change the new PoliceStorageSpawnModifier setting to a higher value, though that will effect everything spawning in the police storage.

If all else fails, set the LogLevel to ORGM.DEBUG (or 3, if your directly editing the ORGMCore.lua) and check the console, it will show whats items its rolling on the the to spawn tables at the % chance its going to spawn.

20 hours ago, Fenris_Wolf said:

It shouldn't make them appear empty, though for now make sure there's at least 1 weapon that's set to isPolice = ORGM.RARE (a bug i need to fix).  But just editing some of them to common really wouldn't result in nothing spawning.

If your using the latest version uploaded here, (not the current steam version) you could try editing the ORGMCore.lua (or optionally using the custom server settings patch mod example, it will work in SP just fine) and change the new PoliceStorageSpawnModifier setting to a higher value, though that will effect everything spawning in the police storage.

If all else fails, set the LogLevel to ORGM.DEBUG (or 3, if your directly editing the ORGMCore.lua) and check the console, it will show whats items its rolling on the the to spawn tables at the % chance its going to spawn.

So I tried adding :

isPolice = ORGM.COMMON

to the Mini14 entry in mods/ORGM/media/lua/shared/4datafiles/ORGMData_Weapons.lua

And sure enough, when I get to a Police station, many of the containers have nothing but radios in them... where prior to the change, they'd be stuffed with gear... I'm just trying to allow certain things to spawn in armories that are common where I live...

I also notice a red box popping up in the lower Right corner with a number in it, when attempting to play the game with any changes to the ORGMDATA_Weapons.lua file...  This occurs when I look into a container or corpse ??

Secondly,

I tried to adjust the CHEAT KEY patchmod example to spawn just one or two ORGM items... and I'm not having much luck there...

Is it possible to adjust the CHEAT KEY example to spawn just a few things into inventory as sort of a starter kit ?

Events.OnKeyPressed.Add(function(key)
    if key ~= 207 then return end
    local inventory = getPlayer():getInventory()
    for name, def in pairs(ORGM.FirearmTable) do
        inventory:AddItem(def.moduleName ..'.'.. name)
    end
    for name, def in pairs(ORGM.MagazineTable) do
    end
    for name, def in pairs(ORGM.AmmoTable) do
        inventory:AddItem(def.moduleName ..'.'.. name ..'_Can')
    end
    for name, def in pairs(ORGM.ComponentTable) do
    end
    for name, def in pairs(ORGM.RepairKitTable) do
    end
end)

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

4 hours ago, Arsenal26 said:

So I tried adding :

isPolice = ORGM.COMMON

are you making sure there's a , after that line?

isPolice = ORGM.COMMON,

I also notice a red box popping up in the lower Right corner with a number in it, when attempting to play the game with any changes to the ORGMDATA_Weapons.lua file...  This occurs when I look into a container or corpse ??

The red box means its throwing a error. I've have to see the error message in your console.txt to be of much help there, BUT if you've missed that , on that line above, then the whole ORGMData_Weapons.lua file will error on trying to load, which would then result in your getting a red error box looking in the containers.

Is it possible to adjust the CHEAT KEY example to spawn just a few things into inventory as sort of a starter kit ?

The cheat key is a overkill method for adding starter kits...its mostly just there for debugging purposes. Try adding this into a file in media/lua/client

Events.OnNewGame.Add(function(player, square)
    local inv = player:getInventory()
    inv:AddItem("ORGM.Mini14")
    inv:AddItems("ORGM.Mini14Mag", 2)
    inv:AddItems("ORGM.Ammo_556x45mm_FMJ_Box", 3)
end)

Just need to replace those items with the items you want for your kit. Of course, you'll have to solve the issue with the ORGMData_Weapons.lua for that to work.

But it defiantly sounds like somewhere your breaking the file, causing it not to load. (like that missing , at the end of the line)

You could also instead of directly editing the data file, add a file into into media/lua/shared that contains

ORGM.FirearmTable["Mini14"].isPolice = ORGM.COMMON

that way you don't break the whole weapons data file if you make a error

Edited by Fenris_Wolf

No Worries!

I plucked a few lines you wrote on the "Referencing" thread regarding professions & starting with gear... That worked perfectly!

I hope to get up to speed on this soon... I really like where all this is going.

Thanks again Fenris_Wolf

v3.03-stable is up

* Fixed bug where firearm update function was triggered every ORGM new version, instead of new versions
    where that firearm had been modified.

* Fixed multiplayer bug where tactical lights couldn't be properly shut off.

* Fixed bug where pressing the "Equip/Turn On/Off Light Source" hotkey would try and equip a light
    source in the secondary hand (if the player had one) instead of activating a equipped tactical
    light.

* Changed "Equip/Unequip Firearm" hotkey behavior. Instead of always equipping the gun with best
    damage regardless of if the player actually had ammo for it, the hotkey now checks a number of
    conditions: is it loaded, does the player have extra ammo, then by best damage.

* Added 3 new hotkeys: "Equip/Unequip Pistol", "Equip/Unequip Rifle", and "Equip/Unequip Shotgun".
    These default to the keys 4, 5, and 6 respectively, and can be edited by going to the PZ options
    screen, selecting the Key Bindings tab, and are under the Hotkeys section.

* Added validation checks for new spawn settings introduced in v3.02

* Added new constants to ORGMData_Weapons.lua and the 'category' key to simply detecting weapon type:
    ORGM.REVOLVER, ORGM.PISTOL, ORGM.SUBMACHINEGUN, ORGM.RIFLE, ORGM.SHOTGUN