ORGM Rechambered

Fenris_Wolf

7 minutes ago, SmithTrLane said:

I'll take a look at that folder then, my OCD won't let me leave all these casings on the ground

Its the folder in that zip 'ORGM Custom Server Settings', in the media/lua/shared/2ORGMSettings.lua file, theres a option

Settings.CasesEnabled = true

just set that to: false

I should mention again, if your using the beta version, you should backup any saves first. And be aware that custom settings example will change in future 3.00 beta releases as I add more options.

On a side note, none of those other options actually need to be there, if they aren't listed there then the default settings are used.

Edited by Fenris_Wolf

v3.00-beta-rc2 is now up.

* Fixed random box/can spawn bug (introduced 3.00-beta-rc1)

* Increased durability of all weapons.
    Pistols and SMG's now have a base chance of lowering condition 1-in-150 (was 100).
    Revolvers to 1-in-300 (was 200)
    Rifles and shotguns to 1-in-200 (was 100)
    Except the M249, which is now 1-in-500 (was 100)

* Added 2 new settings:

DefaultReloadTime - control the time it takes to load a magazine into a firearm
        (unless the specific magazine overrides)

DefaultRackTime - control the time it takes to rack a firearm.
        (unless the specific magazine overrides)

* Added new 'Patch Mod Example': ORGM Forced Reset - Forces a update on existing guns on equip first time after

server is restarted, everytime the server is restarted. Possible use for fixing broken saves/guns, though if you need

this something has REALLY gone wrong....

* Many internal code changes and tweaks, and documentation updates.

Unfortunately due to the increased durability and some of the internal code tweaks, all guns will force a update on first equip after applying this:

gun items will be replaced with a new copy, with all attachments and in the same condition. All loaded ammo in the firearm will be returned to inventory.

Edited by Fenris_Wolf

1 minute ago, Tiger331 said:

Hi. Is there a plan for adding M1 Carbine and .30 Cal ammo?

There is plans for adding alot more and various new calibers, the exact list hasn't been decided on yet.  Its low priority for now there's still soooo many other areas of the mod that can still be improved on...I'm even holding off adding some of my personal favorites at this point.  The M1 should defiantly be considered though given its history and the number produced.

1 minute ago, Fenris_Wolf said:

There is plans for adding alot more and various new calibers, the exact list hasn't been decided on yet.  Its low priority for now there's still soooo many other areas of the mod that can still be improved on...I'm even holding off adding some of my personal favorites at this point.  The M1 should defiantly be considered though given its history and the number produced.

Yes! Thank for a awesome mod. Extreme attention to details and i love it. So take your time making it. Good luck!

v3.00-beta-rc3 is up.

* Fixed bug in pump to semi auto shotgun conversion context menu string (introduced in beta-rc2 optimizations)

Would have done more for this release, but haven't found any other pressing bugs or issues yet.  If nothing else turns up soon I'll declare it the new stable and ask ORMntMan to push it to the workshop.

6 minutes ago, W.Williams said:

Hi,  can you add a list of all weapon include in your updated mod of ORGM please ?

The list is the same as ORMntMan's original version, nothing new has been added (yet).

Currently this version has been all code changes, rebalancing, and feature additions.

Version 3.00-stable is now up.

* Added patch mod example for re-enabling the original ORGM's 'cheat' testing key to spawn 1 of every object in players inventory

* Fixed issue with weapon update function that would occasionally error when spawning new guns with necroforge or admin commands.

Damn.  Been waiting for this for along time. hell, i might start playing PZ again since i was waiting for vehicles to hit iwbusou812 branch but that is still a ways off.

Guess ill have to read back some pages since i know i have questions to ask and there problly already asked.

Thanks for working on this. :)

8 minutes ago, thrandisher said:

Guess ill have to read back some pages since i know i have questions to ask and there problly already asked.

Maybe, but alot of the backpages are for the 2.00 branch and a good number of it is no longer relevant with the new 3.00 branch. Specifically posts about customizing parts or aspects of ORGM.

Version 3.01-stable is now up.

* Fixed bug unloading break barrel shotguns (introduced ???)
* Fixed bug with inspection window on break barrel shotguns
* Fixed multiple bugs with tactical light code
* Adjusted tooltip code for allowing custom tooltips via other mods
* Added basic patch mod example for disabling empty shell ejection

On 1/25/2018 at 9:56 AM, Fenris_Wolf said:

Great work Fenris_Wolf... Just tried ORGM today with the Vehicle build, and so far so good....

Can't wait to see what you have in store, and I'm glad the M1-30 will be included... I'd love to see a 9mm CZ-75b, and 9mm CZ-75 SP01, as these are my two favorite handguns. I can't imagine playing PZ without this MOD now!!!!

I'm thrilled to see your above post... and can't wait to see your work.

Thanks!

So im using a PS3 controller to play PZ, and just now tried the select-fire modes on a FN P90... For some reason, it does not like the button on the controller and does not work in Full Auto mode.. It works with the mouse button, but not with the controller button. To be clear, it just fires once per trigger press on Full Auto (using controller)

I tried messing with STEAM's button mapping settings with no success. Tried different properties for the analog trigger in STEAM's controller configuration telling it when to activate (On start, On release, Normal press).... This also did not solve the issue.

Anyone else run into problems switching to Full Auto while playing with a Game Controller instead of KB/mouse ?

Oh.... just noticed a few posts above...

Patch mod example to remove shell ejection... how does this work ?

Don't get me wrong, I absolutely LOVE the idea and reload IRL, but it's abit much on the screen as it stands...

I was actually thinking about this the other day after telling a co-worker about this mod... Every time I go to collect my spent brass (IRL) I get about 80-90% because inevitably, a few pieces get stepped on or buried... This is under pretty clean range conditions. Now if I were on the move while shooting, forget it...  I'll get maybe 30-40% of my brass back if that...

So how about rather than leaving every single piece of spent brass on the screen on the form of a large graphic, there is less bulky graphic (like blood splatter) which you sort of "farm" back a percentage from. The result could be affected by traits, etc...  and it would take up less system resources and clean up the play area while maintaining the ability to retrieve brass to reload in a more realistic way...  Then allow the "brass splatter" to expire (decay) after a day or two, to keep things nice & clean for us OCD type players, who absolutely have to pick everything up...      :)

TL/DR version : In short, brass is hard to see...  so maybe it shouldn't be displayed quite so prominently... But it is absolutely is a SUPER AWESOME aspect of this mod.... which is just abit visually overwhelming as it stands currently...

Edited by Arsenal26

Odd. I don't have a controller to test this with, but I can't see how switching fire modes would make a difference. The context menu for switching modes simply changes the stats on the gun (mainly swingtime and recoildelay), beyond that the semi/full auto modes call the exact same code while firing.

15 minutes ago, Arsenal26 said:

To be clear, it just fires once per trigger press on Full Auto (using controller)

Does it do the same in semi auto? With mouse it simply keeps firing (same with the vanilla pistol, or swinging axes)...ORGM does not have any specific code that changes default behavior of mouse/controller presses.

Ahhh I see...   just tried it w/mouse, and yes... semi fires continuously (just slower)

So the controller button just fails to hold or is activated backwards... or is getting missed by some code when it is being held... I think I've tried all possible controller settings with no good results, and i'll keep messing with it after work today...

Thank you for the fast reply!

3 minutes ago, Fenris_Wolf said:

Does it do the same with the vanilla weapons like as swinging a bat or firing the pistol?

So it does indeed... Tried a butter knife

Mouse : Continuous stabbing on button hold

Controller : One press one stab regardless of holding the button.

So ORGM is not the issue at all !!  that's good to know

1 minute ago, Arsenal26 said:

So ORGM is not the issue at all

Not the issue, but that is problematic for this mod none the less. If that is by design intention on the dev's behalf, I may have to figure out a clever work around. Thanks for the heads-up.

1 minute ago, Fenris_Wolf said:

Not the issue, but that is problematic for this mod none the less. If that is by design intention on the dev's behalf, I may have to figure out a clever work around. Thanks for the heads-up.

Glad to help... i'll keep messing with it

Man, im late for work.... I hope my boss understands that PZ w/ORGM is just more important... LOL

43 minutes ago, Arsenal26 said:

Oh.... just noticed a few posts above...

Patch mod example to remove shell ejection... how does this work ?

Don't get me wrong, I absolutely LOVE the idea and reload IRL, but it's abit much on the screen as it stands...

I was actually thinking about this the other day after telling a co-worker about this mod... Every time I go to collect my spent brass (IRL) I get about 80-90% because inevitably, a few pieces get stepped on or buried... This is under pretty clean range conditions. Now if I were on the move while shooting, forget it...  I'll get maybe 30-40% of my brass back if that...

So how about rather than leaving every single piece of spent brass on the screen on the form of a large graphic, there is less bulky graphic (like blood splatter) which you sort of "farm" back a percentage from. The result could be affected by traits, etc...  and it would take up less system resources and clean up the play area while maintaining the ability to retrieve brass to reload in a more realistic way...  Then allow the "brass splatter" to expire (decay) after a day or two, to keep things nice & clean for us OCD type players, who absolutely have to pick everything up...      :)

TL/DR version : In short, brass is hard to see...  so maybe it shouldn't be displayed quite so prominently... But it is absolutely is a SUPER AWESOME aspect of this mod.... which is just abit visually overwhelming as it stands currently...

Sorry I missed this edit in your original post, disabling ejection is quite simple just add

ORGM.Settings.CasesEnabled = false

ORGM.Settings.CasesEnabled = false

into a lua file in media/lua/shared. Or you can edit the media/lua/shared/1LoadOrder/ORGMCore.lua, all the settings are in there. If you use the patch mod example, you can simply load that up like any other mod and it will do the changes for you.

Indeed the graphics for cases are too big atm, they're just placeholders I intend to replace at a later version.  You can also edit sandbox settings to remove specific items on the ground after a specified time, which is probably the best way to throw in a decay value.  It will be less resource intensive to have the base game do it instead of the mod

This is just a general post about why ORGM forces people to use normal or hardcore reloading instead of easy. 

This question seems to keep coming up on the steam workshop page, and since I can't answer there, I'll do it here instead and ask ORMntMan to just link people to this post.

First I'll clarify how the settings work:

Easy) On this mode magazines are not used. PZ constantly sets the flag saying the gun contains a magazine, regardless of if it actually has one or not. This is directly exploitable. By using normal or hardcore one can eject the magazine, switch to easy settings, load in a few bullets, switch back to normal and eject a second magazine, leading to a unlimited magazine duplication exploit.

Normal) Magazines are used. PZ continuously checks if the gun needs to be racked, and does so automatically if needed.

Hardcore) Magazines are used, guns need to be manually racked using the X key.

With automatics, the racking only needs to be done initially if no round is in the chamber, or if the gun is single action and the hammer is at rest (or the gun has jammed).

Single action revolvers, bolt actions, lever actions, and pump actions need to be racked after every shot.

So why the forced removal of easy mode with this mod?

1) To prevent the magazine dup exploit, especially on servers that want rare loot

2) Easy mode complicates the code, requiring additional checks.

3) It will become even more of a issue when I enable magazines of varying capacity (expanded/reduced capacity mags), since easy mode would not allow for such things

4) This mod attempts to simulate realistic behavior of firearms, not just adding piles of real guns. IRL guns use magazines, you can't just instantly reload pistols with bullets.

If playing on easy mode is absolutely vital to your play style, the original legacy ORGM is uploaded to the workshop as well and I suggest you use that.  The removal of easy mode will not be changed.

Edited by Fenris_Wolf

Makes perfect sense... A realistic mod, for a realistic survival simulator... Wouldn't be nearly as interested in this project if it were any less.... I say keep doin what your doin.

Regarding the controller trigger not continuing if held down... I must have tried 50 different Steam controller settings, and the only one that remotely worked was using the Turbo feature... Unfortunately, this does not work too well for driving since the trigger is the gas pedal...  (Won't come out of Neutral)

So for the time being, i'll just use the Auto settings and enjoy the faster reset rate with a semi auto trigger...  It's just so odd that with all those settings nothing seemed to work for both Full auto and Driving...  I wonder if anyone else is having this issue with the Vehicle Build...