ORGM Rechambered

Fenris_Wolf

12 minutes ago, Genom said:

one thing that bugs me a little bit is this: I love how the guns now leave the bullet casings behind when shooting, just the models/texture for them on the ground seems way too big. I know PZ has a problem with icon sizes in general in some regards ( weapons look too small on the ground most of the time), but is there anything that can be done about that?

if it has something to do with the textures/images being to big and needing replacement I could havefer help in looking into making  new, smaller ones. I have no clue about coding, but i am not too bad with Gimp.

I agree the icons are way too big atm and look funny on the ground, in truth it was kinda a last minute edit adding the casings, and I didn't make proper icons. I just reused the icons from the ammo (personally I'd rather waste my time coding then messing with images lol)

They can be replaced of course, all the icons are in the media/textures folder (they use the filenames as Item_<icon name>.png)

In the media/scripts/ORGMAmmo.txt is all the data for bullets and casings:

item Case_22LR
    {
        Count = 1,
        Weight = 0.002,
        Type = Normal,
        DisplayName = .22 LR cases,
        DisplayCategory = Item,
        Icon = Am22HPRounds,
    }

All the casings use the naming scheme Case_<caliber> while the ammo uses Ammo_<caliber> so its easy to tell them apart. you can see the icon name is the last entry in the section I pasted, so the full name for the actual image used is Item_Am22HPRounds.png

If you make up some new ones I'd love to see them! For me to do it its kind of a low priority atm.

Edited by Fenris_Wolf

Hah, that sounds like something I can do, so I will give it a shot over the next couple of days.

i am a perfectionist when it comes to these little things, so the big icons break my immersion feeling so much that i‘ll make it my priority. Let‘s see if I can come up with something and if it‘s presentable, I‘ll let you know.

After all, I‘d rather waste my time being creative  with png files than coding :)

Did a little testing and added 3 different kinds of cases (pistol/rifle/12g), you can see the result of how it looks in-game on the screenshot.

Since the icons are just a few pixels in size for "realistic" looking sizes of cases on the ground there is not much detail in them (none, to be exact).

I still kinda like the result, it is far from perfect but it doesnt break the immersion as much as the big ammo icons. If any pixel artist has any idea how to make a 2x4 pixel png look better let me know :)

So Fenris, if you're interested I could send you my files.

It would be cool if the cases wouldnt all face the same direction on the floor to make it look more realistic, but no idea how to do that.

cases.png

Zombie killed me while taking the screenshot lol

Edited by Genom

On 12/8/2017 at 2:10 PM, Genom said:

3. Is it possible to adjust what spawns in weapon lockers, without it being affected by the sandbox loot rarity settings? Point is, I would like to have a good amount of ammo in the lockers but without cranking up the amount of weapons to an insane amount.

Go to one of the buildings with the same loot table as the self storage in muldraugh

The place is a fucking armory for me, usually just the one fully condition pistol, and then so many bullets that I need to fill 2 trunks.

4 hours ago, Genom said:

Did a little testing and added 3 different kinds of cases (pistol/rifle/12g), you can see the result of how it looks in-game on the screenshot.

Ya it looks a lot better then the larger icons on the ground, the only real issue is when you clear a jammed gun the live round falls to the ground with the larger icon. Before if you wanted to find the live ones you'd have to hunt for them in all the spent shells lol.

I'm not sure yet if I'll include them as it will make finding and collecting casings alot more difficult, but yes send them to me.

2 hours ago, TheZombiesPro115 said:

Go to one of the buildings with the same loot table as the self storage in muldraugh

The place is a fucking armory for me, usually just the one fully condition pistol, and then so many bullets that I need to fill 2 trunks.

Thats actually problematic...I messed up the distribution badly there (I just relooked at the code). My fault for not exploring enough.

I'm going to have to upload a fix later today, I see another spot I made the same mistake.

2.01-stable is up

Fixed storage unit spawn bug causing excessive amounts of ammo to spawn.

Removed screw-on chokes from being added to sawnoff shotguns.

Reduced shotgun spreads to more realistic values. They're not the ultimate horde kills anymore but are still extremely effective. 

Using a brand new character (police officer, brave & hunter), with a Spas12 (full choke) with 250 rounds of 00 buck:  440 kills

The new settings wont effect shotguns that have previously spawned with v2.00, but it won't break them either.

11 hours ago, Fenris_Wolf said:

2.01-stable is up

Fixed storage unit spawn bug causing excessive amounts of ammo to spawn.

Removed screw-on chokes from being added to sawnoff shotguns.

Reduced shotgun spreads to more realistic values. They're not the ultimate horde kills anymore but are still extremely effective. 

Using a brand new character (police officer, brave & hunter), with a Spas12 (full choke) with 250 rounds of 00 buck:  440 kills

The new settings wont effect shotguns that have previously spawned with v2.00, but it won't break them either.

Nooooo, rip the self storage armory :( so much bullets you could fill two trunks and still be stuffing loot in hiking bags... Lost but never forgotten.

12 minutes ago, The Not So Giant Potato said:

Does this mod adds the guns that was in the older version?? And also is it compatible with Necroforge mod?

All the original ORGM guns are there. There is partial compatibility with necroforge: gun spawning will work, but not ammo until necroforge gets updated.

The old version is still good, but there are a few bugs, and this version has extra features.  There are more addon mods and compatibility patches for the older version though which won't work with this one yet.

I know I just pushed out the 2.01 update, but 2.02-stable is now up.

Fixed error stopping Reflex and Red Dot Sights from mounting on SMGs.

Built in compatibility patches for NecroForge and Survivors mod. The separate Survivors/ORGM Rechambered Patch is now obsolete.

NecroForge is now fully compatible.

Hey Fenris,

let me say again how much I love all the changes you made to the mod, can't play without it anymore.

Thing is, if you play on higher zombie populations you can't really use all the awesome guns because you get swarmed immediatly. That is where a silencer would make a big difference.

I tried adjusting Nolans ORGM-silencer mod to work with this, I changed the silencer.txt script to use the guns from this mod but the problem is I cant get the silencers to actually spawn.

If you could maybe take a look and point me in the right direction (if it's not too much trouble) I would really appreciate it.

I know you're planning to implement silencers in the future, so if this is too much work that's ok, I'll wait for you to implement it :)

people are asking about silencers for this on steam, so if it's just a few minor changes to make the old ORGM silencer mod work I could post it there for others to use aswell...

Edited by Genom

@Genom

I use gun & run tactics with higher populations..always stay mobile, when the horde gets too big, ditch them in the woods, then hit them from another angle and repeat. Guerrilla warfare vs Z's :lol:

I actually took a look at that mod last night, since I built in patches for necroforge and survivors, why not that one too right? I know people on steam keep asking about it (and on the ORGM Silencers steam page too) and I don't think a update for that mod is coming anytime soon.

The new weapon upgrade/component system that will allow for suppressors is still a long ways off from being ready, and I need to rethink some of the code, so that won't be happening anytime soon either.

The silencer.txt script, it has some outdated guns in there (ie: 5.56 and .223 variants, full/semi auto variants, slug variants of shotguns etc) but these are actually a non-issue. PZ will ignore these missing guns. The rest are fine.

The spawn system is most problematic here.  The old ORGM spawn system was this massively complex beast with 4740 lines in the distribution file. When I simplified the code, I made the assumption only ORGM items would actually be getting spawned with it.

The silencer mod inserts into the upgrade tables:

table.insert(CivModTable, "Silencer.Silencer");
table.insert(NonCivModTable, "Silencer.Silencer");

These tables are no longer in existance. Rechambered only has a single table

ORGMWeaponModsTable = {
    '2xScope',
    '4xScope',

}

Note theres no ORGM. prefix on those items. Anything spawned is automatically given the ORGM. prefix, so trying to insert the silencers into Rechambered's spawn code you'd end up with ORGM.Silencer.Silencer, which ofc won't work. Plus, inserting non-ORGM items into the ORGMWeaponsModsTable (or any of the guns/ammo tables) will break other parts of the code, so its not a simple fix.

This is why I actually stopped building the compatibility patch last night lol.

What I can do those is insert the items into the WeaponUpgrades table...this is the default table PZ uses when choosing upgrades when spawning a gun.  The difference is you'd end up never finding the silencers by themselves. They would always be attached to a gun when found.

I'll probably do up the patch today, but those table.insert() calls above, those are going to fail and probably raise a error in the console when loading the silencers mod (Loading.lua, line #9) but thats fine it won't harm anything.

Haha, love that guerilla warfare idea, will definitly try that one out more. I just played on extreme zombie pop last time and there is just no escape, at least in the city if you get their attention.

About the code, i had a feeling it had to do with the ORGM. prefix adn the insert into table but my knowledge of code is to basic to figure out more details :)

Anyway, thanks for your answer and keep up the good work and I will patiently wait for the next update!

Ya always staying mobile is the key, I might get 4 shots off with a shotgun, or if i'm lucky empty a clip from my AR-10 before its time to move again. Best to start your battle from the edge of town then in the downtown core and lure the Z's away from it..gives you more room to move, less chance to run into a larger group while you retreat, more woods to dodge into, and has the advantage of pulling the Z's out of town so you can double back and loot ^_^

love the survivors mod patch, it's so cool to see all the bullet cases in the places where the survivors make their "heroic last stands" lol

Also just realized, the home made silencers are craftable and actually seem to work, a little bit too op though I think...

Edited by Genom

53 minutes ago, Genom said:

love the survivors mod patch, it's so cool to see all the bullet cases in the places where the survivors make their "heroic last stands" lol

Also just realized, the home made silencers are craftable and actually seem to work, a little bit too op though I think...

Defiantly, I thought it adds a nice touch to the survivors mod. Due to the way the survivors 'cheat' reload (no racking if i recall, and they instantly reload when needed) the case ejection only works when they use automatics. I'm tempted to fix it...but seriously there's only so much of other peoples code I want to fix. I actually want to recode the whole damn survivors mod from scratch every time I look at it, but... its not my project :lol:

At any rate, just testing the silencers mod patch now, and should be releasing v2.03 shortly..I did pretty much have to recode all the lua there, but there wasn't much to it. And yes...they're OP.

v2.03 Stable is up

Built in compatibility patch for Nolan's ORGM Silencers mod. Due to Rechambered code changes,
  Silencers will only spawn on guns, not in containers.

Added code to allow survivors mod NPC's to spawn with gun upgrades (including silencers if the silencers

mod is used). Fixed bug in preset survivors that spawned with Base.Huntingriflel (typo'd weapon name..

not my bug, but fixed anyways)

Fixed bug not allowing some SMG's to mount lasers.

Note: if your still running the separate obsolete Survivors Mod Compatibility Patch, now's the time to delete it

Edited by Fenris_Wolf

I had the worst luck testing the silencer/survivor mod patches...

start new character (Police Officer), spawn in west point police station...

"great!" I think, I go straight for the armory...

turn the corner, there's 2 guards...

before I have time to react, they yell at me to get lost...

one shoots me in the chest, the other the groin...

I flee and run outside...

only to be eaten alive by the horde attracted by their gunfire. <_<

Thanks to ORMntMan for bringing the steam workshop link up to date with the latest release.

Haha yea, I always forget about the guys guarding the guns. 

Once i broke into the gunstore in WP and was going through all the shiny new toys, thinking about which one to use when suddenly 4 guys (wolf gang members i think) came in with guns blazing. Got hit 3 times and bled out before i could run more than 50 meters lol

and those groin shots are the worst :P

10 hours ago, Fenris_Wolf said:

.but seriously there's only so much of other peoples code I want to fix. I actually want to recode the whole damn survivors mod from scratch every time I look at it, but... its not my project :lol:

Do it, recode the whole survivors mod, please, I'll be your greatest fan.

On 12/11/2017 at 9:42 PM, Fenris_Wolf said:

lol had to be done..I made a stupid mistake and left out a random number check. It completely ruined the point of tying in the spawn rate to sandbox settings since it was trying to spawn ammo boxes in every crate with high probability :D

One of these days I'm gonna make a custom building with the old distribution and there's gonna be lore about how it was owned by the kentucky mafia,